Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The problem is personal responsibility!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The problem is personal responsibility!

    I was listening to the news this morning when a story came on about the Denver Library doing away with the overdue fines on books returned late. My wife got whiplash as she turned toward the TV. She started telling me, the captive audience, that this was soooooo stupid. The story continued that one of the reasons that they are doing away with the fines are because it is unfair to the poor that cannot afford the fine. I was waiting for my wife's head to come spinning off. She left for work in a very sour mood to say the least.

    I am in full agreement with her regarding this. It is absolutely incomprehensible that they are doing away with late fines on books. Not for the reason you may think. To be honest I really don't care whether someone can afford the late fine or not. What bothers me is the fact that they are using the poor as a reason for getting rid of the fee. Are poor people so mentally challenged that they are unable to return a book on time? Do they lack something that a person that can afford the fines has? Is it soooooo difficult to return the book or to extend the time they have checked out the book so that they are not fined for returning the book late???????

    My ultimate point here is that we are absolving people of personal responsibility. Poor people are not responsible for being poor. It is the fault of the rich and we need to tax them more. Well you know what, poor people could very well be responsible for being poor. Lord knows there are enough agencies out there to help them but, they would rather live in a tent or on the street that accept help. They can't say that there are no jobs out there. If I had a dollar for every sign that I see looking for help I would be ready to retire. That is only those that have a sign in the window, I am not even counting those that are on line. Those with a mental illness and/or a drug addiction are another story all together, thank you ACLU.

    What about driving. We are going at 150 mph toward having no responsibility for driving altogether. New cars have lane departure warning systems, following at a safe distance systems, vehicle in your blind spot systems, back up cameras, cameras all around your car, on and on and on. What happened when your FULLY autonomous vehicle still runs over someone. Oh, hey man, it wasn't my fault. Talk to the people that built the car.

    The same thing is happening with the laws that are on the books. There are more and more exceptions to the law. What happened to everyone being responsible for your actions. If I pick up a gun and shoot someone I did that, not someone else. Trump didn't make me do that. The rich didn't make me do that. I DID THAT. The more this country allows people to make excuses for their actions the worse it will get. Just look at California. Does the rest of the country want to become what CA is?

    What is happening to personal responsibility?
    Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

  • #2
    It's an attempt to keep public libraries from going extinct altogether.

    Comment


    • #3
      “Liberry...what’s that..?”

      Responibilty? Not any more. Free stuff. Thank YOU Democrat’s and Socialists.

      Our ignorant population.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

      Comment


      • #4
        Did you guys not read the post about offending people? Come on guys.

        Comment


        • #5
          This has nothing to do with poor people and everything to do with people not giving a hoot about late library books. It was a poor attempt at saving face on the libraries part. They for some reason cannot get people to return books AT ALL...so they lifted fines to get back books.

          Also I'm going to have to call you out on your "help wanted" signs that you see so frequently. Remember that minimum wage topic? Yeah guess what those jobs that advertise via "help wanted" pay.

          I do agree with you on one major point though. Responsibility. EVERYONE needs to check themselves and get some of it.

          Comment


          • 1RidgeRunner7
            1RidgeRunner7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you suggesting minimum wage be raised?

          • TUNEDNIMPORTED
            TUNEDNIMPORTED commented
            Editing a comment
            Sure why not.

          • 1RidgeRunner7
            1RidgeRunner7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Why not get a second job to supplement for what you need? I’ve done it. Working 2 jobs to pay a mortgage. Or get a job that pays more.

          • TUNEDNIMPORTED
            TUNEDNIMPORTED commented
            Editing a comment
            I am inclined to agree. I worked 2 jobs as well, not because necessities but I really wanted to put more away every month and prepare myself for whatever,

        • #6
          Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          “Liberry...what’s that..?”

          Responibilty? Not any more. Free stuff. Thank YOU Democrat’s and Socialists.

          Our ignorant population.
          Personal responsibility is the epitome of Donald Trump and Flotits. Thank the republicans for the lack of morals and go**ds. Let's talk about free stuff like the tax cuts for the rich.

          Comment


          • #7
            REALLY 137, you are calling out Republicans for lack of morals. Helloooooooo Kettle, this is pot calling. Let us take Hollywood for example. How many movies depict violence, sexual assaults, druggings, shootings, you name it, then they turn around and decry gun violence, sexual assault, etc. Please don't tell me that you think Hollywood is full of conservatives or Republicans. If I paid $100 for every person in Hollywood that voted for Trump and got back $1 for every person that voted against Trump I will still be in the black. Who knows, might even be able to retire early. How many of the Hollywood elite have dropped out of sight because they are now being shown to be or have sexually assaultive behavior. Shall we dance with Clinton and I am not talking Hillary although she has done enough to harm women that accused Billy of sexual assault. Please put on some water wings if you step into the deep end of the pool.

            Also I'm going to have to call you out on your "help wanted" signs that you see so frequently. Remember that minimum wage topic? Yeah guess what those jobs that advertise via "help wanted" pay.
            Do you expect every person to start out at a manager's pay? I should expect that even you would agree that you need to start at the bottom and work your way up. Should I realistically expect to flip burgers for $15-20/hour, personally I would not. I am not you however. I go out to a fast food place 2-4 times per month. I can tell you now that if they raise the price of a greasy burger I will not be going out a fast food place to get it. What will happen to those jobs? Use logic now and not emotions. AND please don't pull out the greedy corporations BS. That is another rabbit hole that liberals like to take rational thought.

            Also, do you really expect people that can't pay for the fine to bring the book back without a fine. Tell me what is so difficult about bringing the book back in the first place. They obviously had the strength and energy to get to the library in the first place. Now that they have the book they don't have the energy? Or could it be a lack of respect and oh um let me see, RESPONSIBILITY. I am sure that most libraries would drop the fee if you brought back the book and gave them some kind of lame excuse just as long as they get the book back.
            Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by retired137 View Post

              Personal responsibility is the epitome of Donald Trump and Flotits. Thank the republicans for the lack of morals and go**ds. Let's talk about free stuff like the tax cuts for the rich.
              Flotits? Really? GFY.
              Republicans are at fault? Really? Drink more Kool aid comrade.

              Here’s a shinebox for you. Get a real job and support yourself instead of sucking off the taxpayers. That’s what it’s all about for you, right?

              Now go home and get your shine box!

              Comment


              • #9
                He has a real job I think, Chief Hose Dragger. Or so he claims.
                Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

                  Flotits? Really? GFY.
                  Republicans are at fault? Really? Drink more Kool aid comrade.

                  Here’s a shinebox for you. Get a real job and support yourself instead of sucking off the taxpayers. That’s what it’s all about for you, right?
                  Yes it is, I think most on this forum have taxpayer funded occupations. BTW Flotits has a nice ring to it.
                  Last edited by retired137; 12-10-2018, 03:14 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Some taxpayers get their money's worth. 137, if you are chief then I would be a skeptical tax payer in your district.
                    Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by retired137 View Post

                      Yes it is, I think most on this forum have taxpayer funded occupations. BTW Flotits has a nice ring to it.
                      Nice respect. Gotta attack a citizen to try and make a point...utter FAIL. So. How’s your wife’s tits? Doesn’t feel so good, does it?

                      You are a perfect example of a leech.

                      Epic moron.
                      Last edited by CCCSD; 12-10-2018, 10:51 PM.
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
                        REALLY 137, you are calling out Republicans for lack of morals. Helloooooooo Kettle, this is pot calling. Let us take Hollywood for example. How many movies depict violence, sexual assaults, druggings, shootings, you name it, then they turn around and decry gun violence, sexual assault, etc. Please don't tell me that you think Hollywood is full of conservatives or Republicans. If I paid $100 for every person in Hollywood that voted for Trump and got back $1 for every person that voted against Trump I will still be in the black. Who knows, might even be able to retire early. How many of the Hollywood elite have dropped out of sight because they are now being shown to be or have sexually assaultive behavior. Shall we dance with Clinton and I am not talking Hillary although she has done enough to harm women that accused Billy of sexual assault. Please put on some water wings if you step into the deep end of the pool.



                        Do you expect every person to start out at a manager's pay? I should expect that even you would agree that you need to start at the bottom and work your way up. Should I realistically expect to flip burgers for $15-20/hour, personally I would not. I am not you however. I go out to a fast food place 2-4 times per month. I can tell you now that if they raise the price of a greasy burger I will not be going out a fast food place to get it. What will happen to those jobs? Use logic now and not emotions. AND please don't pull out the greedy corporations BS. That is another rabbit hole that liberals like to take rational thought.

                        Also, do you really expect people that can't pay for the fine to bring the book back without a fine. Tell me what is so difficult about bringing the book back in the first place. They obviously had the strength and energy to get to the library in the first place. Now that they have the book they don't have the energy? Or could it be a lack of respect and oh um let me see, RESPONSIBILITY. I am sure that most libraries would drop the fee if you brought back the book and gave them some kind of lame excuse just as long as they get the book back.
                        Listen, by no means am I say mangers pay for all. What I would like to see ( and this is in a perfect world) is that pay matches up with living conditions in the real world. I really don't care what job it is, or what level of career... just that the pay matches what I takes to live in the real world. I truthfully believe that both the minimum wage as well as other jobs that pay more are not enough in a lot of places to be a living wage. Yes this includes people who do make an OK wage but still struggle. Like it or not wages have stayed still yet the cost of living has gone up. Anyways im not about all the liberal vs republican stuff so on that argument I am going to sit out.

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

                          Nice respect. Gotta attack a citizen to try and make a point...utter FAIL. So. How’s your wife’s tits? Doesn’t feel so good, does it?

                          "I'm a perfect example of a racist."


                          CCCSD

                          07-21-2016, 02:01 AM

                          Michelle is just plain ugly. Take a real look. Ugly clothes too.



                          Epic moron.
                          My, My, My, perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black. Fixed your post for you too.
                          Last edited by retired137; Yesterday, 07:30 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post

                            Listen, by no means am I say mangers pay for all. What I would like to see ( and this is in a perfect world) is that pay matches up with living conditions in the real world. I really don't care what job it is, or what level of career... just that the pay matches what I takes to live in the real world. I truthfully believe that both the minimum wage as well as other jobs that pay more are not enough in a lot of places to be a living wage. Yes this includes people who do make an OK wage but still struggle. Like it or not wages have stayed still yet the cost of living has gone up. Anyways im not about all the liberal vs republican stuff so on that argument I am going to sit out.
                            And that is the fundamental difference between conservatives and liberals. You can sit out if you want but, answer one more question for me if you can. Should someone with a bigger family get more pay for the same job as someone that has a smaller family or no family?

                            My opinion, as I have stated before here, is that I don't believe that every job should have a living wage. Not all jobs should support a family of 4 or 5 or 10. If someone is hired as a greeter at a Walmart, or any other business for that matter, and that is all they do. "Welcome to [Business name here]" You push a shopping cart toward them or direct them to where an item is located. Should they make as much as a cashier or a stocker? Should a greeter make 30k or 40k. If the answer is yes then what should the teacher and cop and fire fighter make? 90k, 120k. That is the problem with letting a government set down mandates for what people earn. Other people then say, "Oh ya, will I teach children. If a greeter makes 30 or 40k then I should be making 80 or 90k." In your perfect world they would not be sooooooo selfish. Guess what, we all live in a selfish world. Everyone wants more, everyone wants a bigger piece of the pie. The difference between liberals and conservatives is that conservatives admit it BUT, also want other people the ability to get a greater share. Liberals put up a false front that everybody should be altruistic and only make what they need to survive. Until you can have everyone act selflessly then there will always be someone on top and someone on the bottom.

                            I know it is not a perfect world, I just try to make the best of it while I am here. I also don't delude myself or someone else that it is. I take what is mine and leave alone what belongs to someone else. I don't hate the "Rich or Super Rich" for what they have. I also understand that they do pay their fair share. They sure pay a hell of a lot more in taxes than I do. The problems of liberals is that they think that the more someone makes they more they must pay because they didn't earn it and don't deserve it.

                            If liberals are so upset by millionaires then they need to support term limits for people in congress.
                            Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

                            Comment

                            MR300x250 Tablet

                            Collapse

                            What's Going On

                            Collapse

                            There are currently 6424 users online. 261 members and 6163 guests.

                            Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                            Welcome Ad

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X