Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a living wage?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is a living wage?

    So all I hear these days from the left is living wage this and living wage that. I know what they think a living wage should be but, what to the people here think it should be. Should I be able to work at Micky D's and support a wife and 2.3 children and a dog and a cat and a goldfish. Is there a job out there that shouldn't be considered a job that supports a family or should all jobs no matter what be able to support a family? Should the person delivering a newspaper be able to support a family of just several routes? Should a person working in fast food be able to support a family?

    Typically some of those jobs have been held by teenagers that are just breaking into the workforce and were never meant to support them or anyone else. It was money to do stuff during the summer and maybe during the school year. It was for gas in the car and taking that special someone to a movie not supporting a family.

    What am I missing. Gotta be at least one liberal here that can make a case for a living wage.
    Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

  • #2
    A living wage is different in California than it is in Iowa
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree with Rand on the principle that these jobs are entry level and/or for high school and college kids. The people who want to make a living and raise a family off of minimum wage are the people who don't try very hard in life.

      They can't for the life of them grasp that the Earth and Sun don't revolve around them. They don't understand that showing up on time and better yet, coming to work and being dependable are important, and they will have to miss some parties with their boys if they want a good-paying job.

      All this accelerated raising of the minimum wage does is lower the rest of our incomes as we foot the bill. The minimum wagers will still find themselves in the same boat. They would understand this if they didn't want handouts and had a little uncommon (used to be known as common) sense.
      Last edited by HandsUp_Don'tMove; 11-02-2018, 02:39 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh Hands Up, you must be a racist white guy huh. No feeling or caring about the poor and downtrodden. You must...........oh dang, I am trying to give you Retired 137's point of view but, I can't reduce my brain power that much. I can't tie half my brain behind my back like Rush.
        Last edited by IAM Rand; 11-13-2018, 01:21 PM.
        Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
          Oh Hands Up, you must be a racist white guy huh. No feeling or caring about the poor and downtrodden. You must...........oh dang, I am trying to give you Retired 137's point of view but, I can reduce my brain power that much. I can't tie half my brain behind my back like Rush.
          You almost had it, you just forgot to mention "Hitler", "#45", and "republikkkan".

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by HandsUp_Don'tMove View Post
            I agree with Rand on the principle that these jobs are entry level and/or for high school and college kids. The people who want to make a living and raise a family off of minimum wage are the people who don't try very hard in life.

            They can't for the life of them grasp that the Earth and Sun don't revolve around them. They don't understand that showing up on time and better yet, coming to work and being dependable are important, and they will have to miss some parties with their boys if they want a good-paying job.

            All this accelerated raising of the minimum wage does is lower the rest of our incomes as we foot the bill. The minimum wagers will still find themselves in the same boat. They would understand this if they didn't want handouts and had a little uncommon (used to be known as common) sense.

            You giant accusations of " showing up on time " and being " dependable" are unfounded. Your comments on handouts are also completely wrong, as these people are still in fact working for a wage. This isn't a handout...this is pay.

            You started you conversation attacking the min wage. Somehow this turned into attack those who need to work for it. Why? Please explain how this will make you "foot the bill".

            Lets talk real here. The middle class is shrinking why the mega rich get richer. Ceo salaries have grown while the average worker has actually seen a decline in wages.

            Mind you minimum wage and living wage are not the same thing.
            Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 11-29-2018, 06:49 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
              Oh Hands Up, you must be a racist white guy huh. No feeling or caring about the poor and downtrodden. You must...........oh dang, I am trying to give you Retired 137's point of view but, I can't reduce my brain power that much. I can't tie half my brain behind my back like Rush.
              Hello young man, I'm still trying to see what set you over the top. Like don the con claimed "I'm not racist", if you make that statement, it's 99% certain that you are. Speakiing of brain power, I would put my street smarts against yours at any time. You work it, I've lived it, in addition to being promoted 4 times under the rule of 1 in a public safety capacity. I'm thinking that some think because of the occupation they are the final word. That's an illusion that occasionally comes back to bite, sometimes really hard. Enjoy Christmas.

              Comment


              • #8
                Aside from your grammar being poor you just can't stop until you get me upset. In addition you make hollow arguments in order to keep your insanity going. Don't you have a Playstation to get back to. Let me guess 137, you and import are tired of everyone agreeing with you on HuffnPuff so you have to come here to try and stir the pot.

                Again with the young man. You have no idea my age or what I have scene but, as every good liberal you make ASSumptions about who you are dealing with and their background. Also, the statement you make that if someone denies being a racist that means that the are is as asinine as all of your arguments. So I should say that if someone denies being a liberal that means that 99% they are.

                You can have this thread too, or at least until you get this one deleted as well. Again, stay in the shallow end:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by IAM Rand; 11-30-2018, 11:54 AM.
                Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
                  Aside from your grammar being poor you just can't stop until you get me upset. In addition you make hollow arguments in order to keep your insanity going. Don't you have a Playstation to get back to. Let me guess 137, you and import are tired of everyone agreeing with you on HuffnPuff so you have to come here to try and stir the pot.

                  Again with the young man. You have no idea my age or what I have "scene" but, as every good liberal you make ASSumptions about who you are dealing with and their background. Also, the statement you make that if someone denies being a racist that means that the are is as asinine as all of your arguments. So I should say that if someone denies being a liberal that means that 99% they are.

                  You can have this thread too, or at least until you get this one deleted as well. Again, stay in the shallow end:
                  I suggest you stay behind a desk, lord know what happens with you on the street. . I'm curious, do you work at a larger department? You are easily rattled.
                  Last edited by retired137; 11-30-2018, 09:07 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It's very interesting how no real data is ever provided from rang or hands up. I suggest laying off the the kool aid and maybe getting some bed rest. Its funny how this campaign has sent some people off the rails. Come back to earth people, we need you here.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      While it is apparent to me that 137 and the import won't be open to changing their views regardless of the dialog of a forum, nor any dialog I'm sure, I'll put a couple of shorts here to help start them on their way to becoming educated and not just reciting tropes and mantras of the left ideology.

                      Here is an example of the living wage argument from an employer perspective. Since it is more than obvious that both of you have never been an employer nor have the skills to ever become one I recommend you at least take a moment to see the world from the perspective of people you want to negatively impact with your idiocy.

                       
                      Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                      “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

                      Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                      “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

                      George Washington, (1732-1799)
                      "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

                      Originally posted by Country_Jim
                      ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Here is a brief description of just some of the points that make raising the minimum wage a terrible idea from a public policy perspective.


                         
                        Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                        “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

                        Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                        “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

                        George Washington, (1732-1799)
                        "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

                        Originally posted by Country_Jim
                        ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Lastly, I would ask you two mental towers to answer this question for me. Prove to me and everyone who comes to this site in the future to read your pearls of logic that you can formulate a thought that isn't trite tropes.

                          What dollar figure should cap the minimum wage and why? (A detailed answer if you have the mental capacity)
                          Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                          “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

                          Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                          “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

                          George Washington, (1732-1799)
                          "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

                          Originally posted by Country_Jim
                          ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
                            Lastly, I would ask you two mental towers to answer this question for me. Prove to me and everyone who comes to this site in the future to read your pearls of logic that you can formulate a thought that isn't trite tropes.

                            What dollar figure should cap the minimum wage and why? (A detailed answer if you have the mental capacity)
                            You don't get to insult people and then ask for answers. This isn't a discussion and I strongly suggest you freshen up your social skills. I won't even bother since its impossible to have a discussion with someone who already has no civility and quite frankly just sounds like a miserable old man.

                            You provide no lol's and therefore I am out.


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post

                              You don't get to insult people and then ask for answers. This isn't a discussion and I strongly suggest you freshen up your social skills. I won't even bother since its impossible to have a discussion with someone who already has no civility and quite frankly just sounds like a miserable old man.

                              You provide no lol's and therefore I am out.

                              Your token rumphurt can go cry a river. Maybe read the tone of your own past posts here and elsewhere and you won't try to be so sanctimonious. Oh wait, yes you will....you're a lefty.

                              Like Rand said....there's no lifeguard on duty here and no safe place.

                              Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                              “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

                              Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                              “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

                              George Washington, (1732-1799)
                              "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

                              Originally posted by Country_Jim
                              ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 10265 users online. 344 members and 9921 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X