300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
    My +1 is a teacher. There are more kids of that age that cannot read (very well) or write. Math.......eh, maybe simple math. The welfare state is only going to grow over the next 10 years or so.
    If schools fail to teach kids anything...and schools are such dangerous places...then lets just close all schools. Problem solved.

Comment

Might as well with the "No child left behind" BS. Whose brilliant idea is it to teach to the slowest student instead of teaching at everyone's own speed.
      Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
        Might as well with the "No child left behind" BS. Whose brilliant idea is it to teach to the slowest student instead of teaching at everyone's own speed.
        I'm fortunate that I live in a district with excellent schools for my kids (downside is the 10K in property taxes)... but my nieces and nephew live in rural Pennsylvania. The "local" schools are terrible so they attend a cyber school online. They have a lot more options to customize their courses and work at their own pace. The oldest scored in the 90th percentile on the SATs so it seems to be working well for her. Plus they don't have to worry about being shot, drugs or any of the BS.
        Last edited by not.in.MY.town; 03-30-2018, 07:12 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I am all for people taking a voucher where they want as long as it is an accredited school.

Comment

I would pay a lot of money to see this guy and Hogg meet on national TV....

Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
            “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
            “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
            "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
            ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

If schools fail to teach kids anything...and schools are such dangerous places...then lets just close all schools. Problem solved.
              You can't have school shootings if there are no schools....
              These kids are just the left's most successful attempt at pushing their agenda. It works because its a great symbiotic relationship. The journalism is left wing, the kids are left wing, and they all get to push an agenda, get famous, and make money. I think the Hogg kid was already advertising for some food company on his twitter. The best thing to do is ignore them as much as possible.

Comment

Yea, here we go again. Guess I should not be surprised that DC would want to do this:

Should 16 and 17-year-olds be allowed to vote? D.C.‘s City Council is now considering that question. Legislation was introduced on Tuesday, April 10, 2018.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7926 users online. 343 members and 7583 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X