300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dixie Chick doesn't see why people "care" about patriotism

I'm not a fan of the Dixie Chicks music but I thought the 2003 ****storm over the "it's a shame Bush is from Texas.." remark was way overblown.

I actually felt a little sorry for them until I read this-

I really got a chuckle at this pearl of wisdom:

"The entire country may disagree with me, but I don't understand the necessity for patriotism," Maines resumes, through gritted teeth. "Why do you have to be a patriot? About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country… I don't see why people care about patriotism."

This statement I do have a problem with. Why the need for patriotism she huffs? Gee at a minimum how about the recognition that you are free to speak your mind and make millions. Patriotism is a nod to our military that their enduring sacrfices are appreciated. You don't have to be pro- war or pro Bush to be a patriot, you do have to show a love for your country IMHO.

Maines appears to consider herself as a modern day Lenny Bruce when in fact she's nothing more than a self centered brat.

Your 2 cents?
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

It is just a move to get people talking about them again. They have nothing else going on for them. Look for a new album in the near future, this sounds an aweful lot like rollplaying to the music buying public. Toby has his group, they have theirs.....

Comment

The Dixie Chicks are nothing but tools. They are digging their own grave.

Comment

How about a game of Dixie Chick "KFM"

M- The tall dark haired one
        F- The chubby mouthy one
        K-The thin blond one

What is your take?

Charlie's Angels "KFM" (newer movie)

M- Cameron Diaz
        F- Lucy Lui
        K- Drew Barrymore

A political one (Hillary, Laura Bush, Tipper Gore)

M- Tipper
        F- Hillary
        K- Laura

Comment

I guess their record sales are down again- or they are promoting a new album. So it's time to be contriversial again. Whatever.
          You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Amen, SR-25. I can't believe their handlers let them open their mouths publicly at this point. Sounds like they'll be realizing their wish of only having "cool" fans -- not sharing space in a "5-disc CD changer with Reba McEntire and Toby Keith."

Comment

Post Deleted by user.
              Last edited by Operator13; 06-18-2006, 07:36 AM.
              "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."
              09/11/2001 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by SR-25
                The Dixie Chicks are nothing but tools. They are digging their own grave.
                Well put,SR. I do not care much for the Pixie Sticks
                Last edited by BaseballBabe; 06-18-2006, 08:54 PM.
                "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                Not Yet Visited: 16
                Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Originally posted by My Gluttony

M- Tipper
                  F- Hillary
                  K- Laura
                  Nice to see your true liberal Demorat spirit come out there.....

Comment

Originally posted by PPDMO373
                    Nice to see your true liberal Demorat spirit come out there.....

So what about the KFM ?

Comment

M- Tipper
                      F- Hillary
                      K- Laura

M-Laura

K-Both the other two bitches......

Comment

Originally posted by PPDMO373
                        M-Laura

K-Both the other two bitches......
                        Oh, no....you cant cheat at the game like that

You have to pick an M and an F
                        And my picks had nothing to do with politics
                        I have always had this thing for Tipper, especially about 10 yrs ago before she got fat.
                        With Hillary, it has always been wanting to see if I could keep her occupied long enough to shut her up
                        I dont know what it is about Laura, but she seems kind of phoney and she is a closet smoker

Comment

Oh, no....you cant cheat at the game like that

You have to pick an M and an F
                          And my picks had nothing to do with politics
                          I have always had this thing for Tipper, especially about 10 yrs ago before she got fat.
                          With Hillary, it has always been wanting to see if I could keep her occupied long enough to shut her up
                          I dont know what it is about Laura, but she seems kind of phoney and she is a closet smoker
                          Sorry....that's the way I am doing it because I hate those other two bitches with a passion...

Closet smoker...? How do you know that....?

Comment

Entertainers should stay out of politics, especially if they don't have a clue. The dixie twits just hate Republicans because the word Republican has too many syllables. Bruce Springstien is a millionaire that hates anyone else with money. REM is busy saving trees, whales and whatever else they want to whine about.

Ted Nugent is an exception.

Comment

The Chicks do have a new CD out and had planned a big tour.unfortunantly,most of the tour dats are being cancelled due to the lack of ticket sales.
                              FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4649 users online. 264 members and 4385 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X