Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 amnesties for illegal aliens since 86!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 amnesties for illegal aliens since 86!

http://www.numbersusa.com/interests/amnesty.html

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Now some Senators want to add a guest worker program for the MILLIONS of illegal aliens in our country. ANY guest worker program IS A AMNESTY in disguise. Politicians love to play with words. I wonder what people who follow the rules and wait for years to legally immigrate to the U.S.A. think? Is it OK for illegal aliens to constantly cut to the front of the line? Apparently the Senate does.

CALL OR E-MAIL (http://www.congress.org/) ANY OR ALL SENATORS ON THE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE TOLL FREE: 1-888-355-3588 (switchboard) 24 hours a day and tell them NO MORE AMNESTIES! You can even call at night and leave a message. Most Senators have answering machines.

The Judiciary Committee will meet again on March 27.

Senate Judiciary Committee:
    Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA) - 202-224-4254
    Sen. Orrin G. Hatch (R-UT) - 202-224-5251
    Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-IA) - 202-224-3744
    Sen. Jon L. Kyl (R-AZ) - 202-224-4521
    Sen. Mike DeWine (R-OH) - 202-224-2315
    Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) - 202-224-4124
    Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-SC) - 202-224-5972
    Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) - 202-224-2934
    Sen. Sam Brownback (R-KS) - 202-224-6521
    Sen. Thomas A. Coburn (R-OK) - 202-224-5754
    Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (D-VT) - 202-224-4242
    Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (D-MA) - 202-224-4543
    Sen. Joseph R. Biden (D-DE) - 202-224-5042
    Sen. Herbert H. Kohl (D-WI) - 202-224-5653
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) - 202-224-3841
    Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI) - 202-224-5323
    Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-NY) - 202-224-6542
    Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-IL) - 202-224-2152

REASONS WHY A GUEST WORKER PROGRAM IS NOT A GOOD IDEA:

Reason 10
    A guest worker amnesty program will perpetuate noncompetitive business practices. Because of the ready availability of low-wage foreign workers, many businesses have lacked the incentive to modernize and make capital investments that would make them more competitive in a global economy.

Reason 9
    Cheap labor isn

Reason 9
    Cheap labor isn
    Last edited by wake_up; 03-21-2006, 06:40 PM. Reason: Posts are coming out incomplete

Comment

Reason 9
      Cheap labor isn

Comment

Support Guest Worker Program!

Wake_up:

I believe that the guest worker program is a step in the right direction for everyone. Immigrant labor is essential in the U.S. economy, identifying those who live in the U.S. will increase national security, providing documentation to immigrants will reduce fraud/identity theft, and the guest worker program will provide for a safer life for everyone in the U.S.

Do you think that the government has the resources to remove 10-20 million undocumented workers from the U.S.? In my experience they do not. I can arrest an illegal alien for a crime, who was uncooperative during arrest and processing, notify INS/ICE that they are sitting in our jail, and INS/ICE is always too busy or they can't do anything about it. INS/ICE apparently does not have the resources to remove criminal aliens, so how much more money would we have to dump into the federal government so that they would have the ability to remove all illegal aliens?

Do you think that giving illegal aliens the documents they need to work and live here will reduce fraud and identity theft? I do. I do not want to have an illegal alien use my identity to obtain work or credit because they do not have the SSN needed for virtually any transaction in the U.S.

Do you think that illegal aliens make a significant contribution to the U.S. economy? I do. In the DC metropolitan area, immigrant labor is ubiquitous. You would have a hard time finding a restaurant, construction site, hotel, or other service business that does not have a significant immigrant labor presence. I think it would be fiscally conservative to facilitate their continued employment. Removing this segment of the labor pool would be destructive to our already fragile economy.

Do you think it is good for national security having 10 to 20 million people in the U.S. with no government-issued I.D.? I don't. As a LEO, I contact people on a virtually daily basis who do not have any I.D. As a result, I don't have time to thoroughly investigate their identities. As a citizen I would feel safer if the vast majority of immigrants have been identified, documented, and to some extent investigated, by the government.

Do you think it is good that many immigrants are excluded from obtaining driver's licenses? I don't. I think that the state governments should issue licenses based on ability to drive safely, not immigration status. I do not want to be involved in an accident in which the other party is unlicensed, and therefore uninsured. I think it's a shame when I see immigrants riding their bicycles on major highways at 0030 hours because they can not get a license. How do you feel when you hear about one of these guys getting injured in an accident?

In conclusion, the guest worker program is a step in the right direction for national security, and our economy. The guest worker program should be established in conjunction with increased border security, and increased enforcement of immigration violations. This program will simply update the immigration process for our modern economy, and make legal immigration a realistic option for people who make a positive contribution to our economy, while enhancing national security.

Comment

Reason 10
          A guest worker amnesty program will perpetuate noncompetitive business practices. Because of the ready availability of low-wage foreign workers, many businesses have lacked the incentive to modernize and make capital investments that would make them more competitive in a global economy.

Reason 9
          Cheap labor isn

Comment

Looks like it is cutting out after your apostrophe. Seems to be a quirk with O.com right now.
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

REASONS WHY A GUEST WORKER PROGRAM IS NOT A GOOD IDEA

Reason 10

Reason 9
              Cheap labor isn
              Last edited by wake_up; 03-22-2006, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Reason 10

Reason 9
                Cheap labor isn’t cheap; it’s subsidized. Neither President Bush, nor guest worker proponents in Congress have produced a plan to pay for the billions of dollars in social costs that will be required to fund education, health care, housing and other human needs for a vast new influx of guest workers.

Reason 8
                They won’t be guests. If the government is reluctant to compel millions of outright illegal aliens who are living here to leave, can we seriously expect that they will be firm with guest workers when their visas or work authorizations expire? There is no rational reason to expect that our “guests” will ever go home.

Reason 7
                The government can’t even manage the current immigration work load. By all accounts, current guest worker programs are riddled with fraud perpetrated by both the employers and the workers themselves. Does anyone seriously believe that the government will be able to verify business claims of worker shortages, or do adequate background checks on millions of new guest workers?

Reason 6
                You can’t solve the problems of illegal immigration by declaring it legal. The reason we set limits on immigration is because it has an impact on American workers and communities. Providing more “legal avenues” for people who want to come here to work will not change the effect that these workers have on people and institutions in this country.

Reason 5
                More guest workers will not stop illegal immigration. History has demonstrated that the more people we admit through some form of legal immigration, the more illegal immigration is generated. We can never have a guest worker program large enough to satisfy the desires of people in other countries who wish to come here. Nor do we have any reason to believe that the government will enforce laws against illegal immigration, even if we institute a new guest worker program.

Reason 4
                Low-skilled labor is not compatible with America’s 21st century economic objectives. Everyone acknowledges that we need to improve our job skills level as a nation if we are to maintain a competitive edge in the global 21st century economy. The guest worker proposals favored by the Bush administration and others would vastly increase our pool of low-skill workers.

Reason 3
                Americans oppose a massive new guest worker amnesty program. A recent Zogby poll found that 56 percent of Americans oppose President Bush’s proposal for an expanded guest worker program.

Reason 2
                There are no jobs Americans won’t do. American workers are willing to do just about any job that needs to be done. The recent West Virginia mining tragedy reminds us that millions of Americans go to work every day doing difficult, even dangerous jobs so that they can provide for themselves and their families.

Reason 1
                There is no labor shortage, rather a shortage of employers who feel they should have to pay decent wages. Most of the jobs that supposedly Americans will not do were, until recently, done by Americans, albeit at higher wages. Without a constant influx of lower wage foreign workers, millions of unemployed, marginally employed, and occasionally employed Americans could once again become fully employed at decent living wages.
                Last edited by wake_up; 03-24-2006, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
                  Looks like it is cutting out after your apostrophe. Seems to be a quirk with O.com right now.
                  I can't get it to work. ?

Comment

How about we use the same rule as the Mexican cops?

Kelly

We are the thin blue line
                    between you
                    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Originally posted by chaser266
                      Wake_up:

I believe that the guest worker program is a step in the right direction for everyone. Immigrant labor is essential in the U.S. economy, identifying those who live in the U.S. will increase national security, providing documentation to immigrants will reduce fraud/identity theft, and the guest worker program will provide for a safer life for everyone in the U.S.

Do you think that the government has the resources to remove 10-20 million undocumented workers from the U.S.? In my experience they do not. I can arrest an illegal alien for a crime, who was uncooperative during arrest and processing, notify INS/ICE that they are sitting in our jail, and INS/ICE is always too busy or they can't do anything about it. INS/ICE apparently does not have the resources to remove criminal aliens, so how much more money would we have to dump into the federal government so that they would have the ability to remove all illegal aliens?

Do you think that giving illegal aliens the documents they need to work and live here will reduce fraud and identity theft? I do. I do not want to have an illegal alien use my identity to obtain work or credit because they do not have the SSN needed for virtually any transaction in the U.S.

Do you think that illegal aliens make a significant contribution to the U.S. economy? I do. In the DC metropolitan area, immigrant labor is ubiquitous. You would have a hard time finding a restaurant, construction site, hotel, or other service business that does not have a significant immigrant labor presence. I think it would be fiscally conservative to facilitate their continued employment. Removing this segment of the labor pool would be destructive to our already fragile economy.

Do you think it is good for national security having 10 to 20 million people in the U.S. with no government-issued I.D.? I don't. As a LEO, I contact people on a virtually daily basis who do not have any I.D. As a result, I don't have time to thoroughly investigate their identities. As a citizen I would feel safer if the vast majority of immigrants have been identified, documented, and to some extent investigated, by the government.

Do you think it is good that many immigrants are excluded from obtaining driver's licenses? I don't. I think that the state governments should issue licenses based on ability to drive safely, not immigration status. I do not want to be involved in an accident in which the other party is unlicensed, and therefore uninsured. I think it's a shame when I see immigrants riding their bicycles on major highways at 0030 hours because they can not get a license. How do you feel when you hear about one of these guys getting injured in an accident?

In conclusion, the guest worker program is a step in the right direction for national security, and our economy. The guest worker program should be established in conjunction with increased border security, and increased enforcement of immigration violations. This program will simply update the immigration process for our modern economy, and make legal immigration a realistic option for people who make a positive contribution to our economy, while enhancing national security.
                      Don't forget the that biggest benefit for accepting all those poverty stricken people is that the overwhelming majority of them will vote for democrats whether they have citizenship or not.
                      The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1781 users online. 122 members and 1659 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X