Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinkertoys
    replied
    Now, why you had a gun in a bank, I do not know.

-tink

Leave a comment:

• Tinkertoys
    replied
    Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
    Now, that really showed how naive you are. If he had no gun, he probably would have died, but thats beside the point. You still equate crime to guns. Guns can be a means to an end, but not all ends are criminal. Take away the criminal intent and the crime rate will go down. Sounds just as flakey.

Now, he gets killed by a screwdriver because he has no gun. That is no unlikely that is not even worth discussing. He survived a stabbing, has no gun, good, hit the guy in the throat, just as lethal.

-tink

Leave a comment:

• jerrymaccauley
    replied
    Originally posted by Tinkertoys
    What does that have to do with gun control? IF you had no gun, you would have slugged him, same result. Apart from gang crimes, how many murders are committed with illegal weapons? Not that many.

-tink
    Now, that really showed how naive you are. If he had no gun, he probably would have died, but thats beside the point. You still equate crime to guns. Guns can be a means to an end, but not all ends are criminal. Take away the criminal intent and the crime rate will go down. Sounds just as flakey.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkertoys
    replied
    Originally posted by zap
    Glad to hear that you are ok...
    What does that have to do with gun control? IF you had no gun, you would have slugged him, same result. Apart from gang crimes, how many murders are committed with illegal weapons? Not that many.

-tink

Leave a comment:

• Norm357
    replied
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• zap
    replied
    Originally posted by Norm357
    Tink, Im not going to cite "facts' and "numbers' to you. Your a believer and it would be a waste of time. Im just going to tell you about something that happened to me. Take it for what you will, or dont.

In 2001, I was making an after hours deposit at my bank, when I was attacked and stabbed with a screwdriver by a criminal alien. I shot that bastard twice. Dont come preaching the guns are bad nonsense to me because my Daughter would not like it. She likes having a Daddy.

Respectfully,
    Norm

Glad to hear that you are ok...

Leave a comment:

• Norm357
    replied
    Tink, Im not going to cite "facts' and "numbers' to you. Your a believer and it would be a waste of time. Im just going to tell you about something that happened to me. Take it for what you will, or dont.

In 2001, I was making an after hours deposit at my bank, when I was attacked and stabbed with a screwdriver by a criminal alien. I shot that bastard twice. Dont come preaching the guns are bad nonsense to me because my Daughter would not like it. She likes having a Daddy.

Respectfully,
    Norm

Leave a comment:

• Bluntforcetraum
    replied
    Face the facts... You are not going to win this one.

Leave a comment:

• zap
    replied
    WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The U.S. violent crime rate declined 2.2 percent last year, continuing a decade-long downward trend in serious offenses, the FBI said Monday

1) Clinton News Network.... OOPS...did I SAY that out loud?

2) As concealed carry laws increase in popularity....the violent crime rate goes down. We have said that over and over and over....and proven it every time it is tried.

3) ....a thwarted rape is not a 'violent' crime...though it might have been if the gal did not have a gun.

.......just a couple points to consider

[edit] That doesn't sound right....I believe attempted rape IS a violent crime...but it may not fit into the category of violent crime if the perp did not have the chance to harm his intended victim. (IE she produces a gun in self defense of the perceived threat that has not yet fully materialized)
    Last edited by zap; 10-17-2005, 03:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkertoys
    replied
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/10/17/crime.rate/index.html. Read that article, according to the FBI, there were 1,367,009 violent crimes in 2004. 2.5 million self defense gun uses? right........

-tink

Leave a comment:

• jerrymaccauley
    replied
    wondering if you guys have lost your common sense.

-tink
    What you may consider "common" is obviously not what those of us who deal with violence consider common. I would be willing to bet you were never the victim of a violent crime. If I'm wrong, tell me. Violent crime is not being pushed or yelled at.

Leave a comment:

• VACOP1
    replied
    TINK --- remember something "GUNS dont's kill people-PEOPLE kill People

Leave a comment:

• zap
    replied
    wondering if you guys have lost your common sense.

-tink

Lets see....dozens of us....one of you. Yup...we must all be screwed up....couldn't possibly be you could it?

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell_in_CT
    replied
    Take this: More assaults are fought off with baseball bats, knives, clubs, etc. than guns.

-tink
    Could that be because were you live, in Illinois, they don't issue carry permits...so people have to make due with what is at hand?

Maybe...

Leave a comment:

• Bluntforcetraum
    replied
    It's kind of funny that someone so against guns to have a shooting hobby.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2657 users online. 190 members and 2467 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X