• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ctt
    replied
    Originally posted by Norm357
    Thats why I said
    Quote:
    Unless it is forbidden by State LawThats why I said .
    Details, details... =)

Leave a comment:

• Norm357
    replied
    Originally posted by ctt
    I am fairly sure that it is legal to carry a concealed firearm into a bank in Missouri with a permit. If someone from the bank thinks you are carrying they can ask you to leave, if you do not voluntarily leave they can call the police.

Where does the comment about all banks being federal buildings come from? I've never heard that.
    Well, that doesn't stop a state from making it illegal to carry concealed into a bank does it? Different states may have different laws on this...

Thats why I said
    Unless it is forbidden by State Law

Leave a comment:

• zap
    replied
    Here, a CHL holder can carry into a bank of his choosing...unless the bank posts otherwise.

....but you still missed the point .....he was violently and leathally attacked ....outside the bank.

Leave a comment:

• ctt
    replied
    Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
    There are no CCW permits that allow concealed in a bank. At least not that I'm aware of. Thats why they have night deposit slots on the outside.
    I am fairly sure that it is legal to carry a concealed firearm into a bank in Missouri with a permit. If someone from the bank thinks you are carrying they can ask you to leave, if you do not voluntarily leave they can call the police.

Where does the comment about all banks being federal buildings come from? I've never heard that.
    Banks are not Federal buildings. Unless it is forbidden by State Law, feel free to carry in your bank of choice. I do. The exception is the Federal Reserve of course.
    Well, that doesn't stop a state from making it illegal to carry concealed into a bank does it? Different states may have different laws on this...

Leave a comment:

• Norm357
    replied
    Originally posted by Tinkertoys
    What does that have to do with gun control? IF you had no gun, you would have slugged him, same result. Apart from gang crimes, how many murders are committed with illegal weapons? Not that many.

-tink
    Jeez, where to start. How about with the above nonsense.

I was stabbed in my stonmach. I was on my back when I shot the guy. Your an idiot. No further discussion is required.

A bank is a federal building. In Michigan civilians are not allowed to carry in a bank.
    Banks are not Federal buildings. Unless it is forbidden by State Law, feel free to carry in your bank of choice. I do. The exception is the Federal Reserve of course.

There are no CCW permits that allow concealed in a bank. At least not that I'm aware of. Thats why they have night deposit slots on the outside.
    See above.

Leave a comment:

• Ghostrider_RSA
    replied
    Yep, we take handguns into banks here. Wouldn't be without it. Period. Had a bank robbery here yesterday with 7-armed suspects.

As for hitting someone in the throat who is moving rapidly and trying to stab you and inflict a lethal wound to KILL you, it is highly unlikely you will be able to strike this area in a hurry, under duress, increased adrenalin and having already been stabbed. Gross motor skills come into play here... fine motor skills take a back seat. I'd like to see Tink do this in a "controlled" TRAINING enviroment and get it right...

Leave a comment:

• jerrymaccauley
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluntforcetraum
    A bank is a federal building. In Michigan civilians are not allowed to carry in a bank.

Leave a comment:

• Bluntforcetraum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jerrymaccauley
    replied
    Originally posted by zap
    This is true....BUT...as a martial arts INSTRUCTOR......I can tell you that in real life situtuations...the average person cannot hit a windpipe accurately enough to cause the immediate incapacitation required to stop an attack. I have been punched in the throat...it did not crust my windpipe.

I am seriously starting to wonder if you are cop or not. It is looking more and more like you are a troll with nothing better to do.

Real life....real consequences....he stabs me....I shoot him too.

....what you might not be considering...is that my shooting him might stop him from stabbing you tomorrow.
    Tink is not a cop. Or obviously, a victim of any violence. Just a comfortable liberal.

Leave a comment:

• ctt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluntforcetraum
    You were not listening to him. He was making a deposit in the late night drop box which is usually located next to the ATM outside. At least that is where they are located around here and any other place that I have seen them.
    What's wrong with carrying a gun into a bank anyways?

Leave a comment:

• Bluntforcetraum
    replied
    Now, why you had a gun in a bank, I do not know.

-tink

You were not listening to him. He was making a deposit in the late night drop box which is usually located next to the ATM outside. At least that is where they are located around here and any other place that I have seen them.

Leave a comment:

• zap
    replied
    Or thousands of people do it in similar circumstances. Your windpipe doesn't work, well.....

-tink

This is true....BUT...as a martial arts INSTRUCTOR......I can tell you that in real life situtuations...the average person cannot hit a windpipe accurately enough to cause the immediate incapacitation required to stop an attack. I have been punched in the throat...it did not crust my windpipe.

I am seriously starting to wonder if you are cop or not. It is looking more and more like you are a troll with nothing better to do.

Real life....real consequences....he stabs me....I shoot him too.

....what you might not be considering...is that my shooting him might stop him from stabbing you tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkertoys
    replied
    Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
    Only in the movies.

Or thousands of people do it in similar circumstances. Your windpipe doesn't work, well.....

-tink

Leave a comment:

• jerrymaccauley
    replied
    Now, he gets killed by a screwdriver because he has no gun. That is no unlikely that is not even worth discussing. He survived a stabbing, has no gun, good, hit the guy in the throat, just as lethal.

-tink
    As I said before, you must have never been the victim of a violent crime, or you would not be so cavalier about self defense.

Leave a comment:

• jerrymaccauley
    replied
    Now, he gets killed by a screwdriver because he has no gun. That is no unlikely that is not even worth discussing. He survived a stabbing, has no gun, good, hit the guy in the throat, just as lethal.

-tink
    Only in the movies.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2984 users online. 236 members and 2748 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X