Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The U.S. violent crime rate declined 2.2 percent last year, continuing a decade-long downward trend in serious offenses, the FBI said Monday

1) Clinton News Network.... OOPS...did I SAY that out loud?

2) As concealed carry laws increase in popularity....the violent crime rate goes down. We have said that over and over and over....and proven it every time it is tried.

3) ....a thwarted rape is not a 'violent' crime...though it might have been if the gal did not have a gun.

.......just a couple points to consider

[edit] That doesn't sound right....I believe attempted rape IS a violent crime...but it may not fit into the category of violent crime if the perp did not have the chance to harm his intended victim. (IE she produces a gun in self defense of the perceived threat that has not yet fully materialized)
    Last edited by zap; 10-17-2005, 02:58 PM.
    An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Face the facts... You are not going to win this one.
      "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
      -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

Comment

Tink, Im not going to cite "facts' and "numbers' to you. Your a believer and it would be a waste of time. Im just going to tell you about something that happened to me. Take it for what you will, or dont.

In 2001, I was making an after hours deposit at my bank, when I was attacked and stabbed with a screwdriver by a criminal alien. I shot that bastard twice. Dont come preaching the guns are bad nonsense to me because my Daughter would not like it. She likes having a Daddy.

Respectfully,
        Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm357
          Tink, Im not going to cite "facts' and "numbers' to you. Your a believer and it would be a waste of time. Im just going to tell you about something that happened to me. Take it for what you will, or dont.

In 2001, I was making an after hours deposit at my bank, when I was attacked and stabbed with a screwdriver by a criminal alien. I shot that bastard twice. Dont come preaching the guns are bad nonsense to me because my Daughter would not like it. She likes having a Daddy.

Respectfully,
          Norm

Glad to hear that you are ok...
          An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by zap
              Glad to hear that you are ok...
              What does that have to do with gun control? IF you had no gun, you would have slugged him, same result. Apart from gang crimes, how many murders are committed with illegal weapons? Not that many.

-tink

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkertoys
                What does that have to do with gun control? IF you had no gun, you would have slugged him, same result. Apart from gang crimes, how many murders are committed with illegal weapons? Not that many.

-tink
                Now, that really showed how naive you are. If he had no gun, he probably would have died, but thats beside the point. You still equate crime to guns. Guns can be a means to an end, but not all ends are criminal. Take away the criminal intent and the crime rate will go down. Sounds just as flakey.
                Jerry
                "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
                  Now, that really showed how naive you are. If he had no gun, he probably would have died, but thats beside the point. You still equate crime to guns. Guns can be a means to an end, but not all ends are criminal. Take away the criminal intent and the crime rate will go down. Sounds just as flakey.

Now, he gets killed by a screwdriver because he has no gun. That is no unlikely that is not even worth discussing. He survived a stabbing, has no gun, good, hit the guy in the throat, just as lethal.

-tink

Comment

Now, why you had a gun in a bank, I do not know.

-tink

Comment

Now, he gets killed by a screwdriver because he has no gun. That is no unlikely that is not even worth discussing. He survived a stabbing, has no gun, good, hit the guy in the throat, just as lethal.

-tink
                      Only in the movies.
                      Jerry

Comment

-tink
                        As I said before, you must have never been the victim of a violent crime, or you would not be so cavalier about self defense.
                        Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
                          Only in the movies.

Or thousands of people do it in similar circumstances. Your windpipe doesn't work, well.....

-tink

Comment

Or thousands of people do it in similar circumstances. Your windpipe doesn't work, well.....

-tink

This is true....BUT...as a martial arts INSTRUCTOR......I can tell you that in real life situtuations...the average person cannot hit a windpipe accurately enough to cause the immediate incapacitation required to stop an attack. I have been punched in the throat...it did not crust my windpipe.

I am seriously starting to wonder if you are cop or not. It is looking more and more like you are a troll with nothing better to do.

Real life....real consequences....he stabs me....I shoot him too.

....what you might not be considering...is that my shooting him might stop him from stabbing you tomorrow.

Comment

Now, why you had a gun in a bank, I do not know.

-tink

You were not listening to him. He was making a deposit in the late night drop box which is usually located next to the ATM outside. At least that is where they are located around here and any other place that I have seen them.
                              "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
                              -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

Comment

Originally posted by Bluntforcetraum
                                You were not listening to him. He was making a deposit in the late night drop box which is usually located next to the ATM outside. At least that is where they are located around here and any other place that I have seen them.
                                What's wrong with carrying a gun into a bank anyways?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2721 users online. 179 members and 2542 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X