300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tinkertoys
    Take this: More assaults are fought off with baseball bats, knives, clubs, etc. than guns.

-tink
    If more people had guns more assults would be fought off with guns. This is also taking into account the people who are underage and cannot own a firearm. I am not saying that they should own them because ownership comes with maturity and age.
    "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
    -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

Comment

Take this: More assaults are fought off with baseball bats, knives, clubs, etc. than guns.

-tink

All within three feet.

That is way to close.

Shut up you are removing all doubt about your ignorance on this subject.

God how I hate amateurs and incompetents.

Kelly

We are the thin blue line
      between you
      and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

-tink
        More assaults are committed with those items too. As they say, never bring a knife to a gunfight.
        Jerry
        "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

All from GAry Kleck I assume? Because the FBI disagrees. And does that usage include pulling the gun or just firing it?

-tink

-tink
          Did you find an FBI statistic on the deterence value of armed citizens? I'm pretty sure they use the Uniform Crime Reports to come up with their numbers. If you did find such a report, let me know, I could use it.
          Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by 1sgkelly

All within three feet.

That is way to close.

Shut up you are removing all doubt about your ignorance on this subject.

God how I hate amateurs and incompetents.

LMAO couldn't have said it better myself ^5
            An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Originally posted by Bluntforcetraum
              If more people had guns more assults would be fought off with guns. This is also taking into account the people who are underage and cannot own a firearm. I am not saying that they should own them because ownership comes with maturity and age.

Do the math: More gun= more gun crimes, same as, more cars=more car accidents.

Guns are also much deadlier than knives, baseball bats, etc. You have no moral justification to kill someone because they shoved you or stole your wallet.

-tink

Comment

Guns are also much deadlier than knives, baseball bats, etc. You have no moral justification to kill someone because they shoved you or stole your wallet.

-tink

The people who have guns that do not own them legally are the ones making the gun crime skyrocket. Everything is as equally as deadly if you know how to use it.

I'm not talking about simple assults. I am talking about the big stuff. Where the victem feels that his or her life is in danger. You do not draw just because you are in an argument with someone and they are getting somewhat physical. It is taken as a last resort. I am not out there to take peoples lives. I am here to defend mine and my family.
                "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
                -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Comment

-tink
                  Ok...enough

Have you lost all touch with reality or are you just trying to be an ignorant @ss to stir stuff up?
                  An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Comment

Originally posted by zap
                    Ok...enough

Have you lost all touch with reality or are you just trying to be an ignorant @ss to stir stuff up?

wondering if you guys have lost your common sense.

-tink

Comment

It's kind of funny that someone so against guns to have a shooting hobby.
                      -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Comment

-tink
                        Could that be because were you live, in Illinois, they don't issue carry permits...so people have to make due with what is at hand?

Maybe...

Comment

-tink

Lets see....dozens of us....one of you. Yup...we must all be screwed up....couldn't possibly be you could it?

Comment

TINK --- remember something "GUNS dont's kill people-PEOPLE kill People
                            IGNORE LIST - Banastretarlton AKA "banana boy"

"In the fields of observation chance favors only prepared mind"
                            -----Louis Pasteur

"Sweat in training saves blood on the battlefield."

-------Col. David "Hack" Hackworth

On my 7 year old 2nd Grade Class wall

------------YOU are RESPONSIBLE for YOUR OWN ACTIONS

Comment

-tink
                              What you may consider "common" is obviously not what those of us who deal with violence consider common. I would be willing to bet you were never the victim of a violent crime. If I'm wrong, tell me. Violent crime is not being pushed or yelled at.
                              Jerry

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/10/17/crime.rate/index.html. Read that article, according to the FBI, there were 1,367,009 violent crimes in 2004. 2.5 million self defense gun uses? right........

-tink

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4675 users online. 315 members and 4360 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X