Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a @#$%&* Waste of Taxpayer Money!!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a @#$%&* Waste of Taxpayer Money!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/space/0...eut/index.html

A 100 BILLION to go back to the moon?! What a joke.

Anyone out there care to take a crack at justifying this?
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

I agree that of is a waste of money to go back to the moon, but if we're talking about waste, what about the $50 billion for "AIDS research" in Africa, or the millions we give to the Palestinians. It's time we started to take care of ourselves and concentrate on issues here. We have an AIDs problem, a poverty problem and plenty of places for OUR money to go besides foreign countries.
    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Supposedly:
      "The plans are a means to implement President Bush's 'Vision for Space
      Exploration' program. Goals include:
      -Implement a sustained and affordable human and robotic program to explore the solar system and beyond;
      -Extend human presence across the solar system, starting with a human
      return to the Moon by the year 2020, in preparation for human exploration
      of -Mars and other destinations;
      Develop the innovative technologies, knowledge, and infrastructures both to
      explore and to support decisions about the destinations for human
      exploration; and
      Promote international and commercial participation in exploration to further
      U.S. scientific, security, and economic interests."

Umhum. I just didn't realize Haliburton was into aerospace. But as long as we're going that far, could we at least throw in a middle school science textbook for the CIC with a good introductory chapter on "What Is Science?" and maybe a real simple explanation of Biological Evolution? You know, as long as we're all about science 'roundneezparts...
      No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

I'm in the minority,but I think the space program is important.I'm not saying the poor should be ignored,but,the entire purpose of the United states isn't supposed to be a welfare state.

Comment

Space exploration is important imo...have to have a place to go when we officially destroy our eco system. But 100 Billion? I think we could atleast take 1/2 that and improve our schools, have a subsidised health care system, cancer research, or atleast give LEO's a pay raise.
          Started POST Sept. 6, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Bklngirl
            I'm in the minority,but I think the space program is important.I'm not saying the poor should be ignored,but,the entire purpose of the United states isn't supposed to be a welfare state.
            It isn't like the only two choices are to spend $100 Billion on a "welfare state" or to spend it on a space program. Whatever isn't needed for necessary military and national security-related exploitation of space could be put to better use and benefit more people in countless other ways, starting with developing stem cell research applications to their full potential. Oops, I forgot: that's not the kind of science Bush believes in, because evolution is just another theory, no more or less valid than creationism and Noah's Ark.

The most optimistic long-term goal is to spread our species around the solar system. To do what, exactly? Launch pre-emptive interplanetary wars from one planet--whose infrastructure we neglect--to remove tyrannical dictators on other planets? How about maybe we just work on not screwing everything up on ONE planet, first, and "squander" the rest on improving the lives of people stuck on THIS planet? Some of you come into contact with fine representatives of humanity on every shift; everybody else can see it on the nightly news. Why inflict humanity on other (probably) lifeless, but at least peaceful, nearby regions of the universe?
            Last edited by ProWriter; 09-20-2005, 09:51 PM.
            No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

Wasting money is nothing new. A trillion here, a trillion there; it doesn't matter to the lawmakers, they have there reward in full. What about the latest transportation bill that Bush signed. $286.4 BILLION! Packed full of pork! There's a bridge in that bill that leads to absolutely no where. It leads to an island in Alaska with a population of fifty fricking people! Bush is to blame for all of the [email protected]$$ debt we're in. I can't stand the fiscal policies of that faker in the White House.

Here's the link: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8894520/ Think about that one while you're on the next mission to the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bklngirl
                Welfare should be abolished. Who came up with the idea that someone gets something for nothing? The poor will always be with us-we will never eliminate poverty. The security of the people should be paramount. Government should regulate business as little as possible. Government should create as little laws as possible for the continuity of society. Besides that, the gov. should stay the heck out of our way.

How does that relate to a $100 billion mission to the moon and a $286.4 billion transportation bill? The gov. is overstepping it's bounds WAY too far and it should be kept in check by the people. Of course sense there's a %90 re-election rate in the senate, that is unlikey in the near future.

Comment

I'd rather see the money go to the moon, than being used to build back the ghetto in New Orleans. That mission won't have anything to do with science, it'll be a big dog and pony show like the International space station that would be shared with the world, the one where Russia couldn't even pay for defective parts that they were suppose to contribute. Haven't heard the news mention the great space station in a while. Americans would pay for the moon mission and NASA will decide that we need to include citizens of the world as crewmembers like they do on the Space Shuttle. They'll have a woman command the ship, just so they can say it's a first for the moon. Iraq will have somebody on board. The crew will look something like the Village People. They'll sprout a few corn seeds and that will be it.
                  The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Originally posted by tony.o
                    I'd rather see the money go to the moon, than being used to build back the ghetto in New Orleans. That mission won't have anything to do with science, it'll be a big dog and pony show like the International space station that would be shared with the world, the one where Russia couldn't even pay for defective parts that they were suppose to contribute. Haven't heard the news mention the great space station in a while. Americans would pay for the moon mission and NASA will decide that we need to include citizens of the world as crewmembers like they do on the Space Shuttle. They'll have a woman command the ship, just so they can say it's a first for the moon. Iraq will have somebody on board. The crew will look something like the Village People. They'll sprout a few corn seeds and that will be it.
                    LOL, Right on Tony. I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
                      http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/space/0...eut/index.html

A 100 BILLION to go back to the moon?! What a joke.

Anyone out there care to take a crack at justifying this?
                      What would happen,if America suddenly woke up and put,that money to good use.Like into the Educational system,Better pay for quality Teachers,A well equipped Law Enforcement division within Local,State,and Federal Levels,again better pay for its Officer's,Fire Depts & Ems.And whats left over allow all 50 states to draft their version of Homeland Security!Give back Full authority to the Crimminal Justice System.Give Nasa a budget to maintain the Satallets in outer space.From a OVERTAXED AMERICAN CITIZEN who exercise's their right to Vote at every held election in their district!IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Medea
                        What would happen,if America suddenly woke up and put,that money to good use.Like into the Educational system,Better pay for quality Teachers,A well equipped Law Enforcement division within Local,State,and Federal Levels,again better pay for its Officer's,Fire Depts & Ems.And whats left over allow all 50 states to draft their version of Homeland Security!Give back Full authority to the Crimminal Justice System.Give Nasa a budget to maintain the Satallets in outer space.From a OVERTAXED AMERICAN CITIZEN who exercise's their right to Vote at every held election in their district!IMHO

You'd think that common sense would dictate that US taxpayer money be devoted to such things instead of flushing a 100 Billion plus for the pocket protector crowd to play spaceship on our dime.
                        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
                          You'd think that common sense would dictate that US taxpayer money be devoted to such things instead of flushing a 100 Billion plus for the pocket protector crowd to play spaceship on our dime.
                          Well can I not at least enjoy my day dream for a while,before it gets blasted into outer space

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3977 users online. 249 members and 3728 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X