Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security for the President

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Security for the President

    Would it be allowed or possible for a Homeland Security agent to get into the Whitehouse if he was in the compny of a Secret Service person. I am writing a story where this is supposed to happen. A hood takes a shot at the SS person and it is assumed the slug was meant for the Commander In Chief. Any thoughts? Thanks everyone.
    Betty

  • #2
    Probably not with a firearm...even FBI agents check their weapons in the whitehouse...
    Happy to be here proud to serve

    "Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

    Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

    Comment


    • #3
      Considering that when SLick willie and hilary came to visit us in Bosnia, the secret service made all the troops at the airfield disable our weapons while the president was at tuzla air base. Leaving us defenseless against a possible attack. I highly doubt that they'd be allowed in with a weapon.
      Liberalism is a mental disorder
      -Resistance implies Guilt-

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Betty
        Would it be allowed or possible for a Homeland Security agent to get into the Whitehouse if he was in the compny of a Secret Service person. I am writing a story where this is supposed to happen. A hood takes a shot at the SS person and it is assumed the slug was meant for the Commander In Chief. Any thoughts? Thanks everyone.
        Betty

        Only in the movies or on TV.....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mraughh
          Considering that when SLick willie and hilary came to visit us in Bosnia, the secret service made all the troops at the airfield disable our weapons while the president was at tuzla air base. Leaving us defenseless against a possible attack. I highly doubt that they'd be allowed in with a weapon.

          wow.. thats FUBAR

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mraughh
            Considering that when SLick willie and hilary came to visit us in Bosnia, the secret service made all the troops at the airfield disable our weapons while the president was at tuzla air base. Leaving us defenseless against a possible attack. I highly doubt that they'd be allowed in with a weapon.
            dude no way when I was in the USAF and POTUS came to town a lot, I had a fully loaded M16A2 with 120 and my M9 with 30 rnds and I was like 15 feet from him...pretty sure my weapons still worked...
            Happy to be here proud to serve

            "Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

            Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by squad51
              dude no way when I was in the USAF and POTUS came to town a lot, I had a fully loaded M16A2 with 120 and my M9 with 30 rnds and I was like 15 feet from him...pretty sure my weapons still worked...
              well thats exactly what happened to us in december of 95. I sat in a damn 5 ton in freezing weather for 7 hours with my ammo drum packed in my ruck and my squad had all their M16 bolts removed. We were assigned to be QRF in case of a problem. The only locked and loaded people on base were the secret service. My consollation prize was a hershy bar and a can of coca-cola that they brought in.

              Which POTUS was it for you? and were you in a conflict zone like me? hmm?
              Liberalism is a mental disorder
              -Resistance implies Guilt-

              Comment


              • #8
                When Pres Bush came to Memphis a while back to talk about Social Security reform they had us assist the SS. Basically we were security guards (i.e. standing in stairwells, at fire exits, etc.) Anyways..... we were armed, of course, and in full class a uniform. As the head SS agent is showing us our posts he puts me at a fire door with a small glass vertical window in it. He tells me when the President arrives dont be caught looking out the window because SS may take you as a threat and engage. I looked at him in his eyes and said, "if they as much act like they are gonna "engage" me we are gonna be some shot up mother-****ers!" Needless to say they moved me after a long talk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mraughh
                  well thats exactly what happened to us in december of 95. I sat in a damn 5 ton in freezing weather for 7 hours with my ammo drum packed in my ruck and my squad had all their M16 bolts removed. We were assigned to be QRF in case of a problem. The only locked and loaded people on base were the secret service. My consollation prize was a hershy bar and a can of coca-cola that they brought in.

                  Which POTUS was it for you? and were you in a conflict zone like me? hmm?
                  Oh no conflict zone...Minneapolis MN ARFC base...I had Clinton, and Gore, and also served protection detail for Bush, Cheney and most of congress when our state senator died......fun details...but we where always locked and loaded.

                  Although my "favorite story" is Bush was comming in and I was dteailed to ramp security, so I had a truck, ac, and the radio and I was a E-4. Now one of the fire team leaders a E5 had the tail of the plane, was on foot. So anyhow I pull up and we are chatting as we are waiting for AF1 to arrive. A call goes out over the radio "all vehicle movement on the ramp must cease, all drivers dismount your vehicles for a final vehicle and personal check. So I put the truck in park, hop out and grab my M16 per standing orders. Me and the Sarge are talking and suddenly he shudders, looks at me and says "did you feel the icy cold hand of death there?" I look at him and then turn and follwo his gaze and I am looking down the barrel of a .50BMG Barret Sniper rifle let us...yeah let me tell you I felt the icy cold hand of death, those guys are not paid to miss and at that range (+/- 100 yards) 1.they ain't gonna miss and 2. there ain't going to be much left of airman happy for Mrs.happy to bury.


                  Anyhow I noticed that with Clinton the USSS guys where REAL ****** but with Bush they where the coolest. On another detail I had the main gate along with two baby airman and a USSS agent. Anyhow some USSS guys came by and got us all gatoraids and sodas, and then the Sniper detail gave me a couple of patches....a total change from when Clinton was POTUS and treated the agents like ****. Bush really treats his agensta nd secuirty well and it shows.
                  Last edited by squad51; 08-03-2005, 06:17 AM.
                  Happy to be here proud to serve

                  "Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

                  Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GrayW4442
                    When Pres Bush came to Memphis a while back to talk about Social Security reform they had us assist the SS. Basically we were security guards (i.e. standing in stairwells, at fire exits, etc.) Anyways..... we were armed, of course, and in full class a uniform. As the head SS agent is showing us our posts he puts me at a fire door with a small glass vertical window in it. He tells me when the President arrives dont be caught looking out the window because SS may take you as a threat and engage. I looked at him in his eyes and said, "if they as much act like they are gonna "engage" me we are gonna be some shot up mother-****ers!" Needless to say they moved me after a long talk
                    I worked a Clinton visit. Basically the same thing, they put us out as stationary guards around the perimeter. The SS guy told us that if there was a threat to Clinton, their response team would handle it and that we should stay out of the way. I said no problem- I probably wouldn't do much to stop a threat against him anyway. I ended up being put at a post so far away I was out in the middle of the woods all alone.

                    Some people have no sense of humor!
                    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author
                    ______________________________________________

                    "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson
                    ______________________________________________

                    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Squad, no doubt about the agents atitudes with clinton vs bush. I have heard so many horror stories from various folks about the treatment of cops by the clintons, it isnt even funny. Bush on the other hand and especially the mrs. genuinely respect and care for them. I shudder to think what will happen if hilary gets elected in 08.
                      Liberalism is a mental disorder
                      -Resistance implies Guilt-

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I thought that the major agencies (FBI,DEA, ATF, etc) could have their agents armed in the White House with an USSS agent.

                        -tink

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          When POTUS came to the Detroit area, my Guard unit supplied MP's to guard the fuel supply and the plane. We were held off the line by the USSS when he arived and told to put our weapons in our trunk when he returned, then they searched us.
                          What really sucked is when the local cops laughed at us, while they stood there armed....Bush is'nt the problem, the USSS is. Those ****** insulted me and my team and embarassed us in front of everyone.
                          After the pin is pulled, Mr. Hand Grenade is no longer your friend.

                          "Shut the door I'm tryin to poop!" - Larry the Cable Guy

                          (\__/)
                          (O.o )
                          (> < )

                          Comment

                          MR300x250 Tablet

                          Collapse

                          What's Going On

                          Collapse

                          There are currently 5426 users online. 291 members and 5135 guests.

                          Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                          Welcome Ad

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X