300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delta784
    ANY other drugs.....cocaine, heroin, OC's, meth, etc., should remain forever illegal. Anyone who advocates the legalization of those drugs is either mentally ill, or has never seen the end result of them.
    Well, I have seen the end result of them. No promises about my mental state.

Why? Alcohol, Tobacco, and Marijuana have just as addictive and lethal effects. Read all my prior posts on this thread before replying so I don't have to repeat myself. (Thanks for trying to drag this back on topic)
    You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Originally posted by savage4presiden
      What are you talking about?

What's the matter? You can't bring up the founding fathers except to discredit their names?
      Oh, so you're saying if our founding fathers were gay, they would be discredited? What are you trying to say here?

All I was doing was trying to point out to you that it's very likely that more than a few of them were in fact gay. It can't be proven since they're long dead, but there are certainly unsubstantiated rumors. However, if you consider that the generally accepted rate of homosexuality in the U.S. population is 10% and extrapolate that percentage to 55 founding fathers, you can figure that there was at least 5 homosexual ones.

A LEO has pointed out to me that there are many homosexuals on police forces around the country. Did you stop to think about that? Probably not because right now you have the choice of whom you are around on a daily basis. However, when you become a LEO, you won't have that luxury and you will have to deal with diversity within the force.

If you think the percentage of voters that voted against gay marraige matches the percentage of Americans that are against gay marraige, you are dead wrong. Therefore, that argument is flawed.

Comment

I believe in gay Mariage,Why should we be the only ones who suffer!I believe in equal opprtunity suffering!All kidding aside there are a lot of benefits married people get,tax,pensions,health,that all citisens have a right to.Also,most gay couples are more educated,make more money,and are an advertisers dream,a couple,many with no kids,who have money to spend,and are buying space in gay mags like the Advocate,so it seems their money is O.K.!I love my religion,but.with all due respect,when someone has a problem with gay people,Its uaually based on religion.Any time and anywhere,when the govt.told people how to worship.has always been a disaster with regard to human rights and oppression.that is why we have a separtion of church and state.I am not ultra liberal.Im surrounded by them at school,they make me sick.Im moderate.there are issues im libral on,and issues im conservative.I love this country,I always have.My Mom was the religious one.My Dad was not at all(he was one of the most moral people Ive ever known.)What I got from Dad(and I feel he could not have done me a greater favor) was the notion of questioning religion,your own and ingeneral.Because terrilbe things happen when people dont(9/11,they thought they were doing the right thing)My Dad never presented people who lived different than us as wrong.Most lessons a kid learns from their folks are never actually verbalized,its what they see and hear.I always tell this story about Dad,cause its so him.Once when I was a little girl the 2 of us were walking on th board walk at Coney Island,in Brooklyn.It must have been 2 degrees.SOme people from the polar bear club were swimming.I said"Daddy,what are they doing,are they crazy?"He said "no no,and explained their point of view.I said to myself"this is one cool guy!

Comment

I dont care .....about gay marriage or legalizing drugs. If it effects me and my family directly, I will look into it....if not, I mind my own business. I am too busy raising a human being to spend so much time worrrying about all this.

Comment

Originally posted by Styx
            I dont care .....about gay marriage or legalizing drugs. If it effects me and my family directly, I will look into it....if not, I mind my own business. I am too busy raising a human being to spend so much time worrrying about all this.

Well these issues will effect your children now and later in the future. If you shy away from them they may turn into something you may not like.
            Of course you should always support your children in whatever lfestyle they choose (unless its very bad ).

TGY
            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Oh, so you're saying if our founding fathers were gay, they would be discredited? What are you trying to say here?

All I was doing was trying to point out to you that it's very likely that more than a few of them were in fact gay. It can't be proven since they're long dead, but there are certainly unsubstantiated rumors. However, if you consider that the generally accepted rate of homosexuality in the U.S. population is 10% and extrapolate that percentage to 55 founding fathers, you can figure that there was at least 5 homosexual ones.
              And you think the demographics were the same back then as they are today. That is a very flawed argument.

A LEO has pointed out to me that there are many homosexuals on police forces around the country. Did you stop to think about that? Probably not because right now you have the choice of whom you are around on a daily basis. However, when you become a LEO, you won't have that luxury and you will have to deal with diversity within the force.
              I never said that I don't like being around gays. All I said was I don't want them to marry.

If you think the percentage of voters that voted against gay marraige matches the percentage of Americans that are against gay marraige, you are dead wrong. Therefore, that argument is flawed.
              Read this and tell me what you think.
              More Americans oppose gay 'marriage,' poll finds
              http://washingtontimes.com/national/...4205-2153r.htm

Here are the main points:

When asked whether they thought same-sex "marriages" should be recognized by the law as valid and come with the same rights as traditional marriages, 68 percent of the respondents in the CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll said they should not.
              When asked whether they favored a constitutional amendment that would define marriage as "between a man and a woman," 57 percent said yes, while 37 percent were opposed.
              This one's for you Pkagel.
              Currently, 43 states have laws that bar recognition of same-sex "marriages," according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Comment

Any time and anywhere,when the govt.told people how to worship.has always been a disaster with regard to human rights and oppression.that is why we have a separtion of church and state.
                I agree, but there's no seperation of church and state in the constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy
                  Well these issues will effect your children now and later in the future. If you shy away from them they may turn into something you may not like.
                  Of course you should always support your children in whatever lfestyle they choose (unless its very bad ).

TGY
                  You have a point....its not that I dont really care. I just feel a bit crummy today, so its all an attitude thing.
                  Once I feel better, I will care since I am a parent. its just that, at this point in my life, i am more concerned with getting my toddler totally potty trained so she can start school in August.
                  Sorry to seem so disinterested....I normally care about these things, but not today.

Comment

And where do you get your info from. The first reliable study into the demographics was performed by Kinsey.

FWIW, many states still outlaw oral sex as does the UCMJ in the military. Are you going to jump on that bandwagon also because it is the "law" or are you going to make an exception because you think this law is outdated and stupid.
                    A dispatcher was recently fired because she was living with her boyfriend, what is your thoughts on that?

You still have yet to state how gays marrying affects you in any way. At least with drugs you could make an argument that people get wasted and commit crimes.

The world in not nearly as black and white as you think it is. I thought it was that way also when I was young, age and experience mellowed me.

And you think the demographics were the same back then as they are today. That is a very flawed argument.
                    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

And where do you get your info from. The first reliable study into the demographics was performed by Kinsey.
                      Sure, whatever. I guess it woultn't make a difference to you if you were told that Kinsey got all of his data from federal prisons and prostitutes. 100% true.

FWIW, many states still outlaw oral sex as does the UCMJ in the military. Are you going to jump on that bandwagon also because it is the "law" or are you going to make an exception because you think this law is outdated and stupid. A dispatcher was recently fired because she was living with her boyfriend, what is your thoughts on that?
                      The UCMJ and whatever dept. she was on set the terms of employment. In America, the congress regulates society. The example you gave was just a microcosm of the debate about gays.

You still have yet to state how gays marrying affects you in any way. At least with drugs you could make an argument that people get wasted and commit crimes.
                      Gay marriage does not directly affect me at all. But if you want anarchy then go ahead and keep on trucking.

The world in not nearly as black and white as you think it is. I thought it was that way also when I was young, age and experience mellowed me.
                      What the hell does this mean? Are you saying there are no right and wrongs. It's all subjective. There's no absolute truth? "Morality is relative" bull****. If you take things at face value you will find that things are gray. But if you actually take the time to understand something you will find that reality is far from gray. It is actually stark black and white.
                      Last edited by savage4presiden; 07-07-2005, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Answer the question.

FWIW, many states still outlaw oral sex as does the UCMJ in the military. Are you going to jump on that bandwagon also because it is the "law" or are you going to make an exception because you think this law is outdated and stupid.

Where do you draw the line. How does two people to marry equate to anarchy. Back to my mixed race couples question also. Back then only whites could marry whites and blacks to blacks. To use your terms, it was equality because a black man could marry any black woman who would have him. That is using your logic that you used against gay marriage.

Moral is relative to the situation. Say a guy kills somebody who has molested his daughter. How does that compare to somebody who randomly kills a child. Can you see where it is not so black and white. Do they both deserve equal sentences?

How about speeding, your driving your wife to the hospital to have your first child. You are doing 105 on the freeway, an officer pulls you over. By your standards, you would go to jail. Let's say you are doing that speed because you were late to work, you should go spend the day in jail!!
                        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Answer the question.

No, I'm not because it's a completely different issue.

Where do you draw the line. How does two people to marry equate to anarchy. Back to my mixed race couples question also. Back then only whites could marry whites and blacks to blacks. To use your terms, it was equality because a black man could marry any black woman who would have him. That is using your logic that you used against gay marriage.
                          The day that 1-3% of the total population controls the other 97-99% is the day that anarchy starts.

Moral is relative to the situation. Say a guy kills somebody who has molested his daughter. How does that compare to somebody who randomly kills a child. Can you see where it is not so black and white. Do they both deserve equal sentences?
                          Morality doesn't change. Only our flawed perceptions.

How about speeding, your driving your wife to the hospital to have your first child. You are doing 105 on the freeway, an officer pulls you over. By your standards, you would go to jail. Let's say you are doing that speed because you were late to work, you should go spend the day in jail!!
                          What! Hopefully the officer would understand my situation. And it would be my fault if I'm late for work.

Comment

No, I'm not because it's a completely different issue.
                            Simple morality question, no reason you can't answer it.

The day that 1-3% of the total population controls the other 97-99% is the day that anarchy starts..
                            How does this control anyone, look up the definition of control.

Morality doesn't change. Only our flawed perceptions..
                            Save the cliche' Would you sentence the murderers the same?

What! Hopefully the officer would understand my situation. And it would be my fault if I'm late for work.
                            He doesn't have to, letter of the law, reckless driving, your butt going to jail and your wife waiting for an ambulance. I know it is hard to back down on ideas that have been drilled into your head by talk radio but if you want to police for the people you are going to have to understand the grey areas. People don't live in black and white, never have, never will. You don't, look at yourself and stop thinking through Savage.

Comment

Simple morality question, no reason you can't answer it.
                              I said it before I'll say it again. UCMJ and that dept. set the terms of hire. If those terms were that you had to be gay, or you had to be religious then that would be a problem. As it is now, I see no problem with those regulations. Besides, they don't apply to me anyway. Find someone that they do apply to and ask them.

Save the cliche' Would you sentence the murderers the same?
                              Yeah.

He doesn't have to, letter of the law, reckless driving, your butt going to jail and your wife waiting for an ambulance.
                              Fine, if you want to send some needy family to jail that's your dicision. As for me, I think a little compassion would be in order.

And stop talking to me about Michael Savage like I worship him. It's a real big putoff.

Comment

The UCMJ is the military law, not the law of the state it happened in. Honest mistake on your part, I'll excuse that. Gay marriage doesn't apply to you but you worry about that. Tell me, which is potentially more harming to society, unwed mothers raising kids in poverty or gay marriage. Look at it for a while. Do we have a big problem with gays joining gangs and selling drugs or is it a lot of kids of unwed mothers. That goes against my morals and most people's morals for that matter, I guess we better pass a law against premarital sex.

I said it before I'll say it again. UCMJ and that dept. set the terms of hire. If those terms were that you had to be gay, or you had to be religious then that would be a problem. As it is now, I see no problem with those regulations. Besides, they don't apply to me anyway. Find someone that they do apply to and ask them..
                                OK, you think these are equal but then next question wasn't equal. You do realize the law and sentencing guidlines see these differently.
                                Yeah..

Their is no difference in these two in the law though most all officers would not jail you.
                                Fine, if you want to send some needy family to jail that's your dicision. As for me, I think a little compassion would be in order..
                                I'm not the one who uses him as a screen name and quotes him in my sig line.
                                And stop talking to me about Michael Savage like I worship him. It's a real big putoff.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4963 users online. 306 members and 4657 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X