300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Bush speaks at Fort Bragg

I just saw his speech and I have to say, I'm impressed. While I can't say I agree with everything the Pres. has done, I think he made a very strong case for the war and quite frankly, it encouraged me. If anyone else saw it, what did you think?

Regardless of all the bad things happening in Iraq, they are infinitely better than under Saddam. I have an Iraqi friend and he says "f**k saddam, anythings better than saddam." What the pres. said resonated with me a lot. I just think that he is a great leader.

Comment

He said nothing new.
      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
        He said nothing new.
        I know. It's just the way he said it.

Comment

Originally posted by savage4presiden
          I know. It's just the way he said it.
          i think we're going to need the jaws of life to pry your lips off of bush's ***.
          "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
          William Shatner

Comment

Originally posted by Bart
            i think we're going to need the jaws of life to pry your lips off of bush's ***.
            LOL. Even though I don't agree with your estimation. LOL. That's the first time I've busted gut in a long time over something on the internet. I got to hand it to you Bart.

Comment

Those of us with half a brain know things are better in Iraq but worse inside of our own country.

How's that for a smoke screen speech?

Comment

So Stonie, what's gotten worse in this country? Employment is up, interest rates are low, there hasn't been any domestic terrorist attacks since 9/11, and we still enjoy an overall quality of life that is the envy of most of the civilized world.

Internationally, several million people in Iraq no longer live under a cloud created by an egomaniacal dictator. Libya has voluntarily given up it's nuclear weapons, and even Rgypt and Saudi Arabia are moving toward democracy.

Maybe in your world, things are bad. In the real world, it could be a lot worse.
                Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

What's gotten worse...maybe how ordinary citizens are loosing rights under the guise of homeland security?

I remember when Conservatives wanted:

1) less gov't intrusion into our daily lives (now we get Terry Schiavo,Patriot Act)
                  2) smaller gov't
                  3) responsible spending to lessen the debt

So now under a Republican Whitehouse, Republican Senate, and a Republican House we have the opposite. If Bill Clinton had done the same things in the 90's after the first World Trade Center attack Republicans would be storming the White House.

Remember when Kuwait agreed to democracy after the first war in Iraq, hmm don't hear much from the Kuwaitis lately.
                  Last edited by YukonXL; 06-29-2005, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Yukon, what rights did you loose? Name them for me?
                    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Maybe not loose but chip away...

Things like Sneak and Peak, rubber stamped warrants (if they even need them), going through library records etc...

I swear to those items mentioned above were un-conservative in the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by keith758
                        So Stonie, what's gotten worse in this country? Employment is up, interest rates are low, there hasn't been any domestic terrorist attacks since 9/11, and we still enjoy an overall quality of life that is the envy of most of the civilized world.

Internationally, several million people in Iraq no longer live under a cloud created by an egomaniacal dictator. Libya has voluntarily given up it's nuclear weapons, and even Rgypt and Saudi Arabia are moving toward democracy.

Maybe in your world, things are bad. In the real world, it could be a lot worse.
                        What's worse?

- More people are uninsured in the U.S. than ever before and if you're lucky enough to be insured, some basic things like hearing aids aren't covered. If you're unlucky, your health care debts will hit your kids' wallets.
                        - We don't have enough LEOs, firefighters, and first responders in many areas
                        - Teachers are overworked & WAY underpaid
                        - The middle class is diminishing, and most are becoming poorer, not richer
                        - ERs are overflowing
                        - There are housing bubbles in many areas
                        - The trade deficit is growing
                        - The dollar is taking a beating in world markets
                        - Our budget is in the red by TRILLIONS of ducats
                        - MANY jobs are being outsourced to China/India/Pakistan/wherever -- don't let the overall employment rate fool you, it doesn't tell you that jobs in the service sector are increasing and account for most of the "recovery."
                        - The average cost of higher education continues to skyrocket
                        - Many government agencies can't even perform the job they were designed to do, or have been corrupted. The INS and FDA to name a few.
                        - The onslaught of illegal aliens
                        - The quality of our education is getting worse

You are seriously ill-informed on Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is getting tougher on terrorists, but by no means are they making any significant strides towards democracy.

As for Egypt, Hosni Mubarak is barely hanging on.

Overall we're better than most of the world but don't delude yourself into thinking that things are getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonie
                          What's worse?

- More people are uninsured in the U.S. than ever before and if you're lucky enough to be insured, some basic things like hearing aids aren't covered. If you're unlucky, your health care debts will hit your kids' wallets.
                          - We don't have enough LEOs, firefighters, and first responders in many areas
                          - Teachers are overworked & WAY underpaid
                          - The middle class is diminishing, and most are becoming poorer, not richer
                          - ERs are overflowing
                          - There are housing bubbles in many areas
                          - The trade deficit is growing
                          - The dollar is taking a beating in world markets
                          - Our budget is in the red by TRILLIONS of ducats
                          - MANY jobs are being outsourced to China/India/Pakistan/wherever -- don't let the overall employment rate fool you, it doesn't tell you that jobs in the service sector are increasing and account for most of the "recovery."
                          - The average cost of higher education continues to skyrocket
                          - Many government agencies can't even perform the job they were designed to do, or have been corrupted. The INS and FDA to name a few.
                          - The onslaught of illegal aliens
                          - The quality of our education is getting worse

You are seriously ill-informed on Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is getting tougher on terrorists, but by no means are they making any significant strides towards democracy.

As for Egypt, Hosni Mubarak is barely hanging on.

Overall we're better than most of the world but don't delude yourself into thinking that things are getting better.
                          I accept the fact that all of the things you said are true. However, if you have never taken a history class in college, or studied history extensively on your on, you will have a pessimistic view about everything. In the middle ages hundreds of thousands died from the black plague. The average life expectancy in the 1700's was 40 yoa, otherwise you were likely to die before twenty. In the 1700's there was no such thing as a grandparent, they simply didn't exist. Many people married three or more times just because there spouses would die and leave them single. That's just to put things in perspective. There are thousands of more stories and facts worse than what I have listed here. So, be a little gratefull when all you have to worry about is your hearing aid.

Comment

I'm with Bush 100% about the Patriot Act and Afghanistan. It was proven that Bin Laden and the Al-Q was/is being harbored by the Taliban. The Patriot Act allows the Feds to pursue Islamic nut jobs within the US. I do not think US citizens should worry because the Feds already have plenty of ways to screw you if you truly believe "they're out to get you". They don't need the Patriot act for that.

I have a big problem with Bush's boilerplate cliches about Iraq. People will point to the fact there's been no terrorist strikes in the US since 9/11 and proclaim Bush's Iraq policy is the reason why. Saudi Arabia and Egypt had more to do with 9/11 than Irag- those countries are proven terrosrist breeding grounds.The day another attack happens in the US those same people will use it as an example of why we're in Irag. No matter what happens (or doesn't) Bush can claim he did the right thing. His speech reminded me of a pep rally.

Things I wish he addressed- why the VP said the insurgency was in it's last throes but Rummy said our forces could be in that ****hole for another twelve years. Either one of them is clueless or lying. I also would like Bush's response about the border. When Rummy was asked why the US was not attempting to secure the Syrian border he blurted out words to the effect that "we (US) can't even secure our own border...". How comforting to know.
                            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
                              It was proven that Bin Laden and the Al-Q was/is being harbored by the Taliban.
                              we dont hear too much about bin laden anymore. i love how bush avoids mentioning his name.
                              "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                              William Shatner

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6162 users online. 322 members and 5840 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X