300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political support

After viewing posts and opinions on this site for well over a year, I would classify most who belong to be more on the conservitive side of issues. Out of curiosity, why is it that the unions in this country seem to blindly support and follow the Democrats? In the years that I've been involved in this profession, I have yet to see the unions pour any money into conservitive issues, yet they don't hesitate to fatten the coffers of the liberals. What gives?
    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Originally posted by keith758
    After viewing posts and opinions on this site for well over a year, I would classify most who belong to be more on the conservitive side of issues. Out of curiosity, why is it that the unions in this country seem to blindly support and follow the Democrats? In the years that I've been involved in this profession, I have yet to see the unions pour any money into conservitive issues, yet they don't hesitate to fatten the coffers of the liberals. What gives?
    Because at least in California,it has been the liberal democrats that have been repsonsible for most of our lucrative benefits.
    Retired

Comment

Unions usually back democrats I think mostly because democrats normally back them in political issuses.
      Last edited by Netopalis; 05-02-2005, 08:59 AM.

Comment

The fat-cat union heads are taken care of by the Democrats, and they are the ones who give out endorsements, not the membership.

The IBPO has their national headquarters here, and they recently made a big push to get our union (which is independent) into their fold. They lost us forever when they endorsed Shannon O'Brien for Governor, and John Kerry for President.
        Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Originally posted by Netopalis
          Unions usually back democrats I think mostly because democrats normally back them in political issuses.
          Certainly not police unions.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
            Oh I hope not. I didn't mean police unions or even fire unions if that matter.

Comment

it might be because i cant name 2 republicans who have been pro union. im willing to bet not alot of other people can either. remember, its the conservative south that came up with the "right to work" legislation. would you back a candidate that was anti union?

in any case, its foolish to back a candidate based on political affiliation. you back that candidate that is going to take care of your issues. this conservative/liberal crap makes me sick sometimes.
              "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
              William Shatner

Comment

Unions represent labor. Democrats seem to be most supportive of labor while Republicans seem to be least supportive.

As one of my Captains used to say, "If you want law and order and the death penalty, vote Republican. If you want pay raises and better benefits, vote Democrat."
                Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1
                  As one of my Captains used to say, "If you want law and order and the death penalty, vote Republican. If you want pay raises and better benefits, vote Democrat."
                  LOL. thats a good one. law and order and death penalty dont pay my bills. i guess i'll vote democrat.
                  "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                  William Shatner

Comment

I find that many unions go with whoever backs them.

TGY
                    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Originally posted by Bart
                      LOL. thats a good one. law and order and death penalty dont pay my bills. i guess i'll vote democrat.
                      Whatever pay raise you get from the Dems will be wiped out when they jack-up taxes through the roof to pay for lazy layabouts to have babies & feed off the welfare system.

Comment

Never been to Chicago?
                        Kelly

We are the thin blue line
                        between you
                        and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

In the 27 years I worked for the State, our most lucrative and fair contracts came from Republican Governor Tommy Thompson. There wasn't a single time that a Democrat Governor did anything but screw the membership after they supported him. The current Democrat in office won't even enter into arbitration with the union, even though they've been without a contract for over 2 years. I agree with Delta that it's the union fatcats that support the Democrats because the Democrats line their pockets. The average union member has no say as to where their money goes.
                          Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Whatever pay raise you get from the Dems will be wiped out when they jack-up taxes through the roof to pay for lazy layabouts to have babies & feed off the welfare system.
                            the money will be going to welfare whether i get the raise or not. its better i get the raise to offset what i lose as opposed to not getting a raise and still losing to welfare.
                            William Shatner

Comment

Except under republicans the cost of living skyrockets while your wages remain stagnant giving you a net loss in income even if you get a middling tax cut. Or so it has gone for me since Bush took office.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10230 users online. 361 members and 9869 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X