Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independents and Libertarians rejoice!

You stand on your independent thinking soapboxes and espouse how you vote for the person and not the party and you what to get all the information before you make a decision. All you do is drag down this country. Libertarians will never be a major party and voting for one is a vote for a Democrat. But hey, stick to those ideals and we will get more of this garbage. And you Independents, voting for one Democrat may make you feel good because he is a good person, but you fail to realize that you are voting for the whole Democrat party and all it stands for. So, way to go guys. You feeling good about throwing away your vote is making this country suk a little more. I respect Democrats more than I do you. At least they are standing for something and showing everybody what it is.

Do you not understand that you can be a part of a party and try to make changes from within rather than standing outside saying they both suk. Get real or get out. France may want you, but I am really getting sick and tired of you.
    Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

You contradict yourself with your post. You lambaste independents that vote for a specific Democratic candidate because to do so is to vote for their entire party and its platform. Then, you tell people to vote a certain party in order to make changes to the party and its platform from within.

I'm an independent these days. There is no party that I can shoehorn myself into completely. I used to be a Democrat until Ferguson happened. I decided that it isn't worth it to vote for people that would spit in my face at the first opportunity, same as being gay and Republican.

I've never cast a vote for a 3rd-party candidate. To even run on a 3rd-party platform is completely pointless anyway. The candidate, should he or she win, will simply pick one of the two major parties to caucus with.

The vote is wasted in practice but I wouldn't say in principle. It's your right to do what you will with it. John Quincy Adams thought much the same:
    Originally posted by John Quincy Adams
    Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.
    I have no idea who I'll be voting for in 2016. I don't want to vote for Hillary and I don't want to vote for Jeb, which is who our candidates will likely be. I may write in Nikola Tesla... he'd likely be just as effective as either of those two.
    There once was a man who said: "Though,
    it seems that I know that I know,
    what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
    when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Comment

No, I am not contradicting myself. People that may be closer to one party or the other should join that party and try and change the things they don't like. If you have more in common with the Democrats then you should vote Democrat even if the person you are voting for leans more right than you care for. The party in power makes the rules. Even if you dislike that one Democrat he/she is part of a larger party and that one Democrat is only a minor person in the larger party. JQA would have a different opinion today. I don't like everything the Republican party does or stands for, but they are closer to my overall views. I don't want Jeb, but if he is the candidate then he will get my vote because the president gets to choose people for many powerful positions in the US Government.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
        You stand on your independent thinking soapboxes and espouse how you vote for the person and not the party and you what to get all the information before you make a decision. All you do is drag down this country. Libertarians will never be a major party and voting for one is a vote for a Democrat. But hey, stick to those ideals and we will get more of this garbage. And you Independents, voting for one Democrat may make you feel good because he is a good person, but you fail to realize that you are voting for the whole Democrat party and all it stands for. So, way to go guys. You feeling good about throwing away your vote is making this country suk a little more. I respect Democrats more than I do you. At least they are standing for something and showing everybody what it is.

Do you not understand that you can be a part of a party and try to make changes from within rather than standing outside saying they both suk. Get real or get out. France may want you, but I am really getting sick and tired of you.
        How is this any different than Conservatives and Tea Partiers voting Republican?
        “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

I've tried, as a libertarian, to stay away from this thread because I am not huge on arguing politics, but I will say that I will vote, no matter what, for the person who I think will do the best job. Most of the time, I feel that is a person affiliated with the Libertarian Party.
          REINSTATE THE TRIG
          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
          Your logic defies logic
          Originally posted by Rudy8116
          Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
          Originally posted by Michigan
          Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
          Originally posted by TheTick
          A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
          Originally posted by TheTick
          This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
          Originally posted by 02paul09
          Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Then you will be throwing away your vote. It is the party that makes the policy not the person. If Tea Party and Conservative Libertarians don't join with the Republicans then it will be all Democrat all the time and their policies will be the law of the land. Look at what has happened with Obama. We are now saddled with a very unaffordable healthcare system that is headed toward a single payer plan if it is not stopped. Obama is krapping all over our foreign policy.

More often than not the Independents, Libertarians, and the Tea Party folk (2nd party people) affect local races but, can affect national races. Look what happened to Al Gore. The Green party killed his chances and Bush won. If you have more in common with Republicans then why not work with them instead of cutting off your nose?

Comment

I see that you're in the early stages of mentally preparing yourself to hold your nose and vote for Jeb. I'm already sick to my stomach about the impending Jeb\Hillary ticket.

Comment

Jeb will just be the president not the Dictator Obama has turned out to be. For the most part he will go along with the Republican agenda.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6006 users online. 320 members and 5686 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X