Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China poised to pass USA as leading economic power

This is all Bush's fau.... wait...

I'm not going to post any articles because you'd have to be living under a rock not to know of this story.

I must say though that in one article, economists predicted China would pass the USA as the leading economic power in 2019. But good old Barry made sure that wasn't going to happen!!

It is only fair, we have been the bullies for too long. We are already falling out as the preeminent military super power.
    Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
      It is only fair, we have been the bullies for too long. We are already falling out as the preeminent military super power.
      A question I have though, will China and the other countries that pass USA offer the support to the rest of the world? Will the expectations be the same for those countries to donate money after natural disasters, send military aid to their allies, etc. in the extent of what America had and was expected to do?

Comment

you know the answer to your question

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
          you know the answer to your question
          It's because we're all obese racists.

Comment

Who is taking our spot as the top military power?
            semper destravit

Comment

America voted for hopenchange so we have to live with it, for now. Hopefully we can restore our country before we are the ones working for a bowl of rice.

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
                Who is taking our spot as the top military power?
                Uh hello, China. Obama is putting our military at pre-WWII levels. The only thing that is stopping Russia and China from totally spanking our butt is we still have nukes and the big O is trying to get rid of all of those. The damage he is doing will take years to undue and that will only be accomplished if we have a Republican President and both houses.

How can we be obese and starving at the same time? How can we be poor but, have a roof over our head and a TV and Cell phone and McDonalds at all times of the day?

God Bless America

Comment

I am just simple street deputy, but I always here that our defense budget is bigger than the next 5 countries combined. So which is it? If China is taking our spot, how could we be bigger than China and 4 other powerful countries?

Also, do they have a real deep water navy? Having one or two "standard" or short aircraft carriers in dry-dock doesn't equal superior naval force projection.
                  semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
                    I am just simple street deputy, but I always here that our defense budget is bigger than the next 5 countries combined. So which is it? If China is taking our spot, how could we be bigger than China and 4 other powerful countries?

Also, do they have a real deep water navy? Having one or two "standard" or short aircraft carriers in dry-dock doesn't equal superior naval force projection.

We spend more on defense than the next 10 biggest spenders combined(China,Russia,France,Saudi,Japan, India,Germany,Italy,Brazil). Out of that list, how many are we in danger of having a big land/conventional war with in the next 50-100 years with? The answer is 0. We need to concentrate on ISR, Cyber, and Special forces. Look at the number of aircraft carriers we have, in relation to the world. I think we have about 17, and the rest of the world has about 12 combined.
                    "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

Comment

Originally posted by pittguy1984 View Post
                      China poised to pass USA as leading economic power
                      Nope, China is on its way to becoming the world's largest economy. That's not the same as "leading economic power."

With a population about four times that of the United States, what do you expect? 1.3 billion people building, buying and selling stuff will inevitably generate more economic activity than 314 million people.

When the line's crossed it will simply mean that the hypothetical average Chinese worker is just a bit more than 25% as productive as his US counterpart.

Comment

Those of you looking to point the blame towards Chicago should be paying more attention. Our losing economic ground to China has been happening long before the current administration took power.

I'd look more closely at Bentonville, AR...
                        This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by pittguy1984 View Post
                          It's because we're all obese racists.
                          Hey! That's our job! Don't take it away from us

Comment

This is easy. It's the fault of whomever is president at the time.
                            Retired

Comment

Beware of Chinese gold bars. Some of them are gold-clad tungsten alloy bars. China is the world's leading tungsten producer. The density of tungsten is very close to that of gold. Alloyed with the right other metals the density can be made to be virtually identical.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3611 users online. 226 members and 3385 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X