300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goverment Shutdown?

What a bunch of BS. Nike said it best ..... JUST DO IT!
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

I propose the following for every day this continues:

$1,000 fine for each memeber of the house and senate
    No paycheck or benefits (including health care) for them for hte duraion of hte shutdown, and for a period 3 times longer than the shutdown lasts

I guarantee that once you start hitting THEM where it hurts, this bull**** will stop.

Comment

How do we make this permanent?

Comment

I wasn't sure I wold wake up this morning. I mean, what would we do if the government shut down? Who will spy on us? Who would take out money? Who would oppress us? How will the president write his campaign speeches?

Alas, we are all still here.
        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Yea, if the government is not working it is not screwing things up. How long can we make this last. DA Harry Reid is calling the Republicans "Anarchists." REALLY, for doing what the Constitution allows AND for trying to protect those that the DEMs are trying to scr3w, uh I mean help.

Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are like the brother and sister team in Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
            Yea, if the government is not working it is not screwing things up. How long can we make this last. DA Harry Reid is calling the Republicans "Anarchists." REALLY, for doing what the Constitution allows AND for trying to protect those that the DEMs are trying to scr3w, uh I mean help.

Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are like the brother and sister team in Rocky Horror Picture Show.

This is all the fault of the Democrats, right? The republicans are not involved, right?
            Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
              This is all the fault of the Democrats, right? The republicans are not involved, right?
              The problem is that compromise means agreeing with the Democrats 100%.

Comment

I know this is probably a serious issue but I read that 800 000 government employees are currently not working.

Has society collapsed and ceased to function? If it hasn't, just how many of those 800 000 need to come back?

Comment

The "Partial shutdown" involved what is referred to as "Non-essential" personnel. What does that really mean????
                  My comments are my personal opinion and are based on my life experiences and training. They are not to be construed as legal advice in any form as I am not an attorney. Should you act on any of the information I provide in my comments, you do so at your own risk!!

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                    I almost "liked" that post.

Originally posted by chiefjack View Post
                    The "Partial shutdown" involved what is referred to as "Non-essential" personnel. What does that really mean????
                    It means "800,000 people we're wasting money on."
                    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

And as of right now we're funding 85% of the government even with the "shutdown". That much is on Social Security, Medicare, and other spending that is mandatory along with military pay checks. If anything, we need to shut down more of it until we can get back in the black.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post

Nah, those two goons are better looking than Harry and Nancy.
                        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannady View Post
                          And as of right now we're funding 85% of the government even with the "shutdown". That much is on Social Security, Medicare, and other spending that is mandatory along with military pay checks. If anything, we need to shut down more of it until we can get back in the black.
                          How about we shutdown ALL of the politicians?
                          Retired

Comment

Originally posted by Mulgrave600 View Post
                            I know this is probably a serious issue but I read that 800 000 government employees are currently not working.

Has society collapsed and ceased to function? If it hasn't, just how many of those 800 000 need to come back?
                            Yes, estimates put the number of government workers sent home on furlough at around 800,000 and while the immediate effect is not that the Earth stopped spinning, but take into account the ripple effect that will befall us as the shutdown continues.

These 800,000 government employees were determined to be non-essential for the purposes of immediate safety and defense to the nation- it DOES NOT mean they are not critical parts of the government and that their absence from their apportioned duties will not have impact; just that we can survive for a short span of time while they are absent.

These are the folks who perform critical yet often unnoticed functions- jobs such as data entry, contract management, maintenance, system operation, general administrative duties and so on. The function of government requires them even if you don’t see them every day. Their work will likely go unattended to; correspondence from the public will go unanswered, certain benefit claims will sit idle while claimants wait, pending contracts will not be executed and the services needed will not be performed, visas for visitors to the US will not be issued, critical research funding will not be released, and the countless other “background” functions that the government provides will not happen.

Does the federal government need to continue to as is often termed “right size” when it comes to direct employment of personnel? Absolutely!

Does the fact that the nation failed to collapse in the absence of these 800,00 mean they were not needed in the first place? Absolutely NOT.
                            Originally posted by SSD
                            It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                            Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                            And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                              Whenever it doesn't affect you, sure, why not? Mail is being delivered, social security checks going out, most people don't feel any of the effects YET. But you will.

To hell with 800,000 people who won't be paid.

I'm in favor of reducing government and spending, but can't we do it without acting like a bunch of bratts throwing a temper tantrum. Once the people see that ObamaCare is a cluster f uck, they'll vote out everyone who supports it. The people running our government need to act like responsible adults instead of children playing chicken.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2753 users online. 141 members and 2612 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X