Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit files bankruptcy

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Detroit files bankruptcy

    Good job libs!!

    What other big city is next?
    NRA Life Member

    The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

  • #2
    Libs didn't do this (ALONE) Detroit just deluded itself and believed it could survive the rustbelt pain that many midwest towns went through in the 80's and '90s( and have survived) . Libs didn't make the policies that made it easier for companies to "off shore american jobs".

    Libs didn't decide that it was COOL to put POW-MIA and USA flag stickers on the back of the foriegn made cars( do you drive american? I do!) this is a bi partisan hit here, slaughter- plain and simple....

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
      Good job libs!!

      What other big city is next?
      phoenix ,Az....

      Comment


      • #4
        I say Chicago.......they are going downhill quickly.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LAXcop178 View Post
          Libs didn't do this (ALONE) Detroit just deluded itself and believed it could survive the rustbelt pain that many midwest towns went through in the 80's and '90s( and have survived) . Libs didn't make the policies that made it easier for companies to "off shore american jobs".

          Libs didn't decide that it was COOL to put POW-MIA and USA flag stickers on the back of the foriegn made cars( do you drive american? I do!) this is a bi partisan hit here, slaughter- plain and simple....
          Between the unions getting people 35-50/hr for putting on lugnuts on an assembly line and the crappy tax structure, it is no surprise that they offshored the jobs. On top of that, the city could not get right, even after a special manager was installed and basically told them how to fix it. They figured they were too big to fail......they were wrong.

          Comment


          • #6
            Nuke it. End of problem. Next?
            The All New
            2013
            BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
            Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
            - M1Garand

            (any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)



            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kermit315 View Post
              Between the unions getting people 35-50/hr for putting on lugnuts on an assembly line and the crappy tax structure, it is no surprise that they offshored the jobs. On top of that, the city could not get right, even after a special manager was installed and basically told them how to fix it. They figured they were too big to fail......they were wrong.
              Fo' rizeal.

              Originally posted by LAXcop178 View Post
              phoenix ,Az....
              "Cha! As if..."
              NRA Life Member

              The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

              Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

              Comment


              • #8


                tee hee!
                NRA Life Member

                The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

                Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

                Comment


                • #9
                  I remember when it happened in Robocop and thought it was a far-fetched concept...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It's Bush's fault!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Today Detroit, tomorrow the US. 2nd that it is Bush's fault. He caused all the problems in this county. From slavery to the health care crisis. Damn him.
                      Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
                        Today Detroit, tomorrow the US. 2nd that it is Bush's fault. He caused all the problems in this county. From slavery to the health care crisis. Damn him.
                        Aaaaaaand welcome Michael Moore to the forum!
                        NRA Life Member

                        The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

                        Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                          Nuke it. End of problem. Next?
                          1042 Pelosi, you sure do have a way with words. No wonder I admire you so much.
                          Retired

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            WAIT! WAIT! Call back the nukes! I GOT IT......... Fence it off and make it a prison - just like Escape from New York Except this will be:


                            ESCAPE FROM DETROIT

                            Starring Sully as Snake Bliskin!

                            I'd pay $20 to see that!
                            Last edited by 1042 Trooper; 07-19-2013, 02:09 PM.
                            The All New
                            2013
                            BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                            Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                            - M1Garand

                            (any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              What, who, me? Michael "what me part of the 1%, NNNNnnnoooooo" Moore.

                              Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4095 users online. 245 members and 3850 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X