300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY rep hires lawyer after lewd photo posted online

WASHINGTON - New York Congressman Anthony Weiner testily fended off questions Tuesday about the lewd photo sent from his Twitter account and has hired a lawyer to help him figure out how to respond.

Weiner spokesman Dave Arnold said the Democrat believes it was a prank but he's retained a lawyer to advise him on what civil or criminal actions should be taken.

The photo, which showed a man's bulging underpants, was posted on Friday and sent to a female college student in Seattle. It was quickly deleted, but a frenzy of coverage and comment ensued on blogs, cable news outlets and other media.

The colorful and sometimes combative congressman who represents parts of Brooklyn and Queens was characteristically sharp tongued, refusing to answer reporters' questions about it, and even calling one a "jackass" for interrupting him. He insisted that he wanted to move on from the incident, which was distracting from his work on Capitol Hill. But there was no sign the story, or the speculation about who may have been responsible for tweeting the photo, was fading.

Weiner failed in a 2005 bid for the Democratic nomination for mayor of New York City, but he is still is widely considered a future contender for the office.

"I'm not going to talk about this anymore," Weiner told reporters on Capitol Hill. "I think that if I was giving a speech to 45,000 people and someone stood up and heckled in the back, I wouldn't spend three days talking to him. I'm going to get back to the conversation I care about."

Weiner declined to answer reporters' questions about the photo or why he was hiring a lawyer for the case instead of having law enforcement officials pursue the matter. Weiner was a Twitter follower of the female college student who received the photo.

The tweet of the lewd photo first was reported Saturday by BigGovernment.com, a website run by conservative commentator Andrew Breitbart.

The site said the photo was tweeted to a female college student in Seattle. The woman told the New York Daily News that she had never met Weiner, and that there had "never been any inappropriate exchanges" between her and the congressman.

Weiner, 46, is married to Huma Abedin, an aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

The congressman over the weekend joked about the incident on Twitter, asking whether his kitchen blender would be next to "attack" him.

On Tuesday as the House was preparing to vote on the nation's debt limit, Weiner was back tweeting about the vote with his usual partisan edge.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43223011?GT1=43001#

I've been waiting for this slimebag toi get his. A cast iron Adam Henry. Poetic Justice, baby.

The more damning part of this is he has been "following" this "bimbette" for quite some time. Why?
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
      I've been waiting for this slimebag toi get his. A cast iron Adam Henry. Poetic Justice, baby.

The more damning part of this is he has been "following" this "bimbette" for quite some time. Why?
      Yea I noticed that too.

Comment

I love how he says it's a distraction from doing the people's work. When a Republican is caught it's the crime of the century. And what does he mean that he believes it was a prank? Wouldn't he know?

Comment

This guy is a total scumbag.

And the irony in this whole situation is just ridiculous. The jokes just write themselves...

Comment

Originally posted by LE_Hopeful23 View Post

And the irony in this whole situation is just ridiculous. The jokes just write themselves...
            True. It's very hard not to crack a weiner joke.
            "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

He ain't no weiner ... he's a penis
              The All New
              BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
              Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
              - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                I love how he says it's a distraction from doing the people's work. When a Republican is caught it's the crime of the century. And what does he mean that he believes it was a prank? Wouldn't he know?
                That's one of the benefits of being a Democrat liberal, you can do these types of things and people just shurg their shoulders...Democrat/liberals don't run on family values; however it's a bigger deal when Democrats (liberals) get caught in a scandal that involves corporations or big business...

I just find it intresting that politicians have time to tweet, follow other people on Twitter, post and keep up with their Facebook, and solicit affairs online but they don't have time to read bills and other laws...We do have the government we deserve...
                sigpic

Comment

You mean a "Richard"...
                  sigpic

Comment

Gonna wait for all the facts to come in. It's been shown that posting a photo to another's twitter is possible and easy. Plus Breitbart is a proven smear artist and liar. WND is about as reliable as Alex Jones when it comes to sources.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                      I dont think it matters which party is involved. Its politics and the other side will seize the opportunity.
                      For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Very easily could have been someone else doing that.

Except I also saw the interview with him where he refused to say he never took that picture. Kinda suspicious.

The whole part about him following a girl on twitter doesnt mean anything, it means you can see what they post. Just like being friends with someone on FB. Harmless.
                        Yeah. That would go poorly. Like, on the Scale of Fail, somewhere between "Titanic" and "Chernobyl."
                        --Squirrel

Comment

Originally posted by john.cassidy1 View Post
                          Gonna wait for all the facts to come in. It's been shown that posting a photo to another's twitter is possible and easy. Plus Breitbart is a proven smear artist and liar. WND is about as reliable as Alex Jones when it comes to sources.
                          Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                          I dont think it matters which party is involved. Its politics and the other side will seize the opportunity.
                          It needs to be investigated because he is a congressman and we don't want anyone harassing our congress critters, plus I'm sure he wants to get to the bottom of it.

But I would know if it was my photo or a wannabe. Not that I would have such photos.

Comment

I guess Weiner is the "butt" of the joke. Which means he's Fu%^ed.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...bOjdLexpJoa2rK

Sexting crotch shots isn't usually his style.

So say ex-girlfriends of Rep. Anthony Weiner, who tell The Post that the Queens and Brooklyn congressman -- despite his reputation as a womanizer -- can be quite the gentleman.

"The rap he gets is that he's a smooth operator," says Fox news analyst and occasional Post contributor Kirsten Powers, who dated Weiner for three months in 2002. "But he's very sweet, very funny, very charming."

Weiner married Huma Abedin, Hillary Rodham Clinton's top aide, in July 2010 -- but "everybody knows Anthony is a bit of a cowboy," says one New York political player.

While a City Council member in the 1990s, Weiner pursued interns, but as his profile rose over the last decade, he was able to raise his own bar, chasing a slew of smart, attractive glamour girls.

In addition to Powers, he dated former New York magazine publicist Serena Torrey (she later married Theodore Roosevelt V), TV journalist Gigi Stone and television producer Alli Joseph, whose blog lists "[driving] her convertible with her knees" as a favorite pastime.

According to one ex-girlfriend, Weiner spent years mooning over Abedin but his active social life perhaps kept her from taking it seriously. Weiner's preoccupation with beautiful women extended to his policy prescriptions: In 2008, he co-authored a much-mocked bill that would have loosened immigration restrictions on foreign supermodels.

The model, the bill said, should have "distinguished merit and ability."

Back on Earth, Powers and Weiner met at the now-defunct dive bar Siberia, on Manhattan's West Side. He called her the next day, and they began dating immediately, having low-key dinners at Dos Caminos or catching movies in Chelsea, her neighborhood.

The only thing that struck her as odd was that "women would frequently just walk right up and shove their business cards at him. He was just used to it; he'd say, 'Hi. How are you?' "

Powers says his ability to take such brash come-ons in stride was surprising, given how insecure he was. "He was self-deprecating about everything," she says. "He'd make jokes about his nose, his neck, about being skinny."

"I think he's the kind of guy who didn't get a lot of girls in high school and, all of a sudden, he got attention," says another ex-girlfriend, who asked to remain unnamed. She says that he pursued her doggedly and that, even though she wasn't attracted, she gave it a shot.

"He gets very smitten," she says. "He was very taken with me, in a very doting, admiring way."

Weiner made national news as a freshman congressman in 2001 when he made an appearance in a Vanity Fair story about sexual politics on Capitol Hill. He introduced himself to 22-year-old intern Diana Davis as "an auto-parts salesman" but later casually mentioned that he'd be joining the president on Air Force One to tour the smoldering wreckage at Ground Zero.

Weiner then e-mailed her the next day, suggesting she visit him on the Hill "in person." (As opposed to what?) Davis never replied.

"I thought that was cheesy," she told the magazine.

Weiner then lashed out in The Washington Post, saying he found it disgusting that two days after 9/11 -- an event he had used as a pickup opportunity -- Vanity Fair was covering sex on the Hill.

"I was shocked," he said.

As detailed in the article, Weiner successfully toggles between the nerdy, nebbishy boy from Queens and the sophisticated DC power player who pairs up with chic, sharp women.

"His type isn't unusual in politics," another ex says. "A lot of geeky guys are suddenly the chief of staff" -- which in DC makes them alpha males.

"I don't think our romance was the norm," she says. "Everyone who knew him thought it was kind of whirlwindish."

"I think everyone knows about Anthony's reputation," a longtime male friend tells The Post. "He's a very charming, engaging guy."

So charming, in fact, that Powers was shocked when he broke it off.

"I think he's the only guy who ever dumped me!" she says, laughing. "I think he probably dumped a lot of girls. I don't think it was that big of a deal."

But the newly minted ladies' man couldn't always get what he wanted. The girl Weiner spent months pursuing finally cut it off when he asked her to accompany him on a weeklong getaway, and her heart sank when she realized she didn't want to go.

He was, she insists, "a great boyfriend, a good guy."

That said, she can see Weiner tweeting that crotch shot. "I just don't think he would ever do that if he was married," she says. "If he were still single, maybe."
                            Last edited by jason860; 06-06-2011, 04:52 PM.
                            Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
                            ~Mark Twain

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
                            ~Thomas Jefferson

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."
                            — Horace Mann

Comment

LMAO, this thread's about to get pretttty interesting. Where's the popcorn?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7084 users online. 365 members and 6719 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X