300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it Ain't One Thing...Sand Dune Lizards

Sand Dune Lizard Could Cost Jobs in Texas If Added to Endangered Species List

The sand dune lizard is a small reptile that has become the scourge of the Texas Oil industry, not because it is dangerous but because the threatened species could put land ripe for oil exploration off limits. "As far as I am concerned, it is Godzilla," Texas land commissioner Jerry Paterson told ABC News. "[It's] the biggest threat facing the oil business in memory," said Ben Shepperd, president of the Permian Basin Petroleum Association. They believe the small tan-colored, insectivorous lizard could cost the oil industry and surrounding communities thousands of jobs.

Full Story
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sand-...ry?id=13726850
    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Sounds like he should just get his buddies together, kill the last of 'em off, and then say "What? I don't see any sand lizards."
    Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
    Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

First thing I thought about was- "It's all about the spice!" But that was worms, not lizards.
      "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

I thought Texas oil workers were an endangered species.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
          I thought Texas oil workers were an endangered species.
          I'm pretty sure oil workers in general are an endangered species these days....

They've managed to kill off the rare, but powerful Gulf Worker and the Deep Water Worker. They even nipped that ANWAR Worker breed in the bud before it could even get moving. Its ok though. The Chinese Oil Worker sub-species is currently flourishing. We're even giving them aid to help their populations increase....
          Originally posted by kontemplerande
          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
            I'm pretty sure oil workers in general are an endangered species these days....

They've managed to kill off the rare, but powerful Gulf Worker and the Deep Water Worker. They even nipped that ANWAR Worker breed in the bud before it could even get moving. Its ok though. The Chinese Oil Worker sub-species is currently flourishing. We're even giving them aid to help their populations increase....
            ...and the public drone workerbee colonies are flourishing as well too. They take honey and spread it around in the form of waste by-products.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3667 users online. 212 members and 3455 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X