X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southflaguy
    replied
    Originally posted by M-11 View Post
    Well, My heaven would have hunting, so I'm assuming I will be hunting, killing and skinning animal souls in heaven...

What did I say?... Where did everyone go...

M-11
    Sure, there will be hunting...

Leave a comment:

• M-11
    replied
    Well, My heaven would have hunting, so I'm assuming I will be hunting, killing and skinning animal souls in heaven...

What did I say?... Where did everyone go...

M-11

Leave a comment:

• GangGreen712
    replied
    The Bible doesn't really address this because personal pets are not mentioned much. Sheep, cows, donkeys, etc, were all seen as property, resources, and signs of wealth to the Ancient Hebrews. I don't think anyone really cared if animals had souls or not back then. However, the Book of Isaiah mentions animals at peace with humans and each other repeatedly, as part of the coming New Heaven and New Earth (though most mentions are symbolic, there's no reason to believe that there wasn't any literalism in the interpretation).

Being reunited forever with beloved pets would certainly be heaven for most pet owners. As a pet owner and a Christian, I believe that I'll be able to ask God to see my deceased animals again, if He hasn't planned for that already.

Leave a comment:

• FNA209
    replied
    Just to let you know. That whole series of pictures was done on the internet uses a church sign generator. It's been around for a while. Everything time I stumble across it, I laugh my butt off as it is a good example of the differences that divide us.

In my religion, anything you have that dies will be in the afterlife with you. Those five dead microwave ovens- yep they'll be there. Those dead TV sets- yep they'll be there too. Cars- forget about it. But, everything will work in the afterlife, so it's all good. You will be able to take that '67 Mustang you totaled on that back road for a spin because it'll be in great shape.

All of your pets will be there also. Of course, you will have to fight with the problems that 8 dogs, 12 cats, seven hamsters, one Tarantula, one snake, an ant farm can cause. I think they won't work well together.

But, maybe the Pet Rock will sort it all out before you get there. Of course, that means you have to listen to the Pet Rock (kind of like a UN) for eternity.

Maybe I have to rethink my religious beliefs.

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    There are far more dogs deserving of an afterlife than there are people deserving of the same.

M-11
    you are 10,000 X right about that!

Leave a comment:

• Southflaguy
    replied
    There are far more dogs deserving of an afterlife than there are people deserving of the same.

M-11
    + a million...

Leave a comment:

• M-11
    replied

M-11

Leave a comment:

• FJDave
    replied
    How about if we just re-sign another contract (we are both already Irish Catholic), kinda like a cell phone contract....can we get a discount on a soul for our Boston Terrier?

Leave a comment:

• M1garand
    replied
    Originally posted by FJDave View Post
    Oh MAN, that was great!! See? Us Catholics have a sense of humor!!
    LOL! yeap! I got to tell my wife that if she converts to Catholicism this week, her pug can get a free soul.

Leave a comment:

• MD11pilot
    replied
    LMAO that was hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• FJDave
    replied
    Oh MAN, that was great!! See? Us Catholics have a sense of humor!!

Leave a comment:

• FNA209
    replied
    Originally posted by SkepticAlways View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...n7F_story.html

Service will take in Fido after the Rapture, for a fee.

Bart guarantees that if or when the Rapture comes he or one of his 44 contractors in 26 states will drive to your home within 24 hours, collect your dog, cat, bird, rabbit or small caged mammal, and adopt it.

Why didn't I think of this?
    There could be some serious money there. I think I'll look at it some more.

Of course if you believe in my religion, your pets go with you. I'm not Catholic and the following signs used don't really apply as to the churches involved, but I'm of the mind that I'll see pets I've owned if there is an afterlife. Heck, my idea of the afterlife is different from many other views.

Leave a comment:

• SkepticAlways
    started a topic For Gawd fearing pet owners.

For Gawd fearing pet owners.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...n7F_story.html

Service will take in Fido after the Rapture, for a fee.

Bart guarantees that if or when the Rapture comes he or one of his 44 contractors in 26 states will drive to your home within 24 hours, collect your dog, cat, bird, rabbit or small caged mammal, and adopt it.

Why didn't I think of this?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3716 users online. 259 members and 3457 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X