Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Gawd fearing pet owners.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...n7F_story.html

Service will take in Fido after the Rapture, for a fee.

Bart guarantees that if or when the Rapture comes he or one of his 44 contractors in 26 states will drive to your home within 24 hours, collect your dog, cat, bird, rabbit or small caged mammal, and adopt it.

Why didn't I think of this?
    ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Originally posted by SkepticAlways View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...n7F_story.html

Service will take in Fido after the Rapture, for a fee.

Bart guarantees that if or when the Rapture comes he or one of his 44 contractors in 26 states will drive to your home within 24 hours, collect your dog, cat, bird, rabbit or small caged mammal, and adopt it.

Why didn't I think of this?
    There could be some serious money there. I think I'll look at it some more.

Of course if you believe in my religion, your pets go with you. I'm not Catholic and the following signs used don't really apply as to the churches involved, but I'm of the mind that I'll see pets I've owned if there is an afterlife. Heck, my idea of the afterlife is different from many other views.

"Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Oh MAN, that was great!! See? Us Catholics have a sense of humor!!
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Smurfette
      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
      Originally posted by DAL
      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

LMAO that was hilarious.
        Life is what you make of it

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
          Oh MAN, that was great!! See? Us Catholics have a sense of humor!!
          LOL! yeap! I got to tell my wife that if she converts to Catholicism this week, her pug can get a free soul.

Comment

How about if we just re-sign another contract (we are both already Irish Catholic), kinda like a cell phone contract....can we get a discount on a soul for our Boston Terrier?
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Smurfette
            Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
            Originally posted by DAL
            You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

There are far more dogs deserving of an afterlife than there are people deserving of the same.

M-11
              “All men dream...... But not equally..
              Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
              but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
              for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                There are far more dogs deserving of an afterlife than there are people deserving of the same.

M-11
                + a million...
                sigpic

Comment

M-11
                  you are 10,000 X right about that!

Comment

Just to let you know. That whole series of pictures was done on the internet uses a church sign generator. It's been around for a while. Everything time I stumble across it, I laugh my butt off as it is a good example of the differences that divide us.

In my religion, anything you have that dies will be in the afterlife with you. Those five dead microwave ovens- yep they'll be there. Those dead TV sets- yep they'll be there too. Cars- forget about it. But, everything will work in the afterlife, so it's all good. You will be able to take that '67 Mustang you totaled on that back road for a spin because it'll be in great shape.

All of your pets will be there also. Of course, you will have to fight with the problems that 8 dogs, 12 cats, seven hamsters, one Tarantula, one snake, an ant farm can cause. I think they won't work well together.

But, maybe the Pet Rock will sort it all out before you get there. Of course, that means you have to listen to the Pet Rock (kind of like a UN) for eternity.

Maybe I have to rethink my religious beliefs.
                    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

The Bible doesn't really address this because personal pets are not mentioned much. Sheep, cows, donkeys, etc, were all seen as property, resources, and signs of wealth to the Ancient Hebrews. I don't think anyone really cared if animals had souls or not back then. However, the Book of Isaiah mentions animals at peace with humans and each other repeatedly, as part of the coming New Heaven and New Earth (though most mentions are symbolic, there's no reason to believe that there wasn't any literalism in the interpretation).

Being reunited forever with beloved pets would certainly be heaven for most pet owners. As a pet owner and a Christian, I believe that I'll be able to ask God to see my deceased animals again, if He hasn't planned for that already.
                      "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                      -Chris Rock

Comment

Well, My heaven would have hunting, so I'm assuming I will be hunting, killing and skinning animal souls in heaven...

What did I say?... Where did everyone go...

M-11
                        “All men dream...... But not equally..
                        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Well, My heaven would have hunting, so I'm assuming I will be hunting, killing and skinning animal souls in heaven...

What did I say?... Where did everyone go...

M-11
                          Sure, there will be hunting...

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4601 users online. 289 members and 4312 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X