300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a friendly reminder but burning the US flag is not advisable at LSU

Just to remind the flag burners out there that while some parts of America may tolerate and possibly even condone the burning of the American flag, the Baton Rouge area is not one of those areas particularly at LSU.

Just how the locals feel about it.

Did that bungho got to burn the flag? Traitors should should be sent out of the U.S.

Comment

Goes to show that not all colleges are leftist havens.
      Life is what you make of it

Comment

Whiny little bastard. I love how he's gratefully accepting the police presence here but you just know he's normally talking about the jack-booted thugs trying to keep him down the rest of the time.
        Originally posted by kontemplerande
        Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

I personally find burning the flag offensive, but it is a constitutional right. I don't think that just popular expression can be allowed. without allowing unpopular expression as well. What may be unpopular and offensive to us is not to others.
          Retired

Comment

Constitutional right? LOL... yeah......

Did you see the man in Military Uniform shouting "my brother died for you"

Yes, our boys and girls in uniform died for us so that some butt plug can burn our Flag.

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
              Constitutional right? LOL... yeah......

Did you see the man in Military Uniform shouting "my brother died for you"

Yes, our boys and girls in uniform died for us so that some butt plug can burn our Flag.
              Yes, they did die so Americans could enjoy freedom of unpopular speech. Do you advocate only allowing popular speech?
              Retired

Comment

Do you advocate only allowing popular speech?
                You are right, However I believe you should be willing to take the criticism/beatings that result.

Free speech is great, but situational awareness will keep you alive longer.

M-11
                “All men dream...... But not equally..
                Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

This guy was burning the flag because his one friend was arrested for burning a flag right after we killed Osama.

Burn the flag all you want. Just know some people do not take kindly to things like that.

Edit: M-11 beats me to the punch
                  This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
                    Yes, they did die so Americans could enjoy freedom of unpopular speech. Do you advocate only allowing popular speech?
                    No, but I do not support treason.

Comment

I have no problem with people burning our flag, provided they wrap themselves in it first.

Comment

Originally posted by kjb View Post
                        i have no problem with people burning our flag, provided they wrap themselves in it first.
                        yes!!!!!! :d

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
                            No, but I do not support treason.
                            I don't support treason either, nor do I condone burning the American flag. But I hardly think the action of the attempted flag burner amounts to treason since the SCOTUS ruled it was permissible to burn the flag as an expression of free speech.
                            Retired

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                              You are right, However I believe you should be willing to take the criticism/beatings that result.

Free speech is great, but situational awareness will keep you alive longer.

M-11
                              You really think that a beating is justified for exercising a 1st amendment right?
                              Retired

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3163 users online. 184 members and 2979 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X