Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High schooler challenges Michele Bachmann to Constitution showdown

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...VuY2hhbGxlbmc-

A New Jersey high school sophomore has challenged Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) to a constitutional duel in an open letter that is making the rounds on political blogs.

Bachmann says she's a constitutional conservative and frequently cites the founding document when making arguments against policies or programs she doesn't support, such as the U.S. Census.

"I have found quite a few of your statements regarding The Constitution of the United States, the quality of public school education and general U.S. civics matters to be factually incorrect, inaccurately applied or grossly distorted," writes Cherry Hill, N.J., high schooler Amy Myers. She concludes: "I, Amy Myers, do hereby challenge Representative Michele Bachmann to a Public Forum Debate and/or Fact Test on The Constitution of the United States, United States History and United States Civics."

The full letter was posted on CNN's iReport, though we haven't been able to confirm Myers' identity. This may be her blog, where an Amy Myers who says she attends Cherry Hill East high school writes about education policy, Gov. Chris Christie, and her ninth-grade reading assignments.

This is the entire letter:

Dear Representative Bachmann,

My name is Amy Myers. I am a Cherry Hill, New Jersey sophomore attending Cherry Hill High School East. As a typical high school student, I have found quite a few of your statements regarding The Constitution of the United States, the quality of public school education and general U.S. civics matters to be factually incorrect, inaccurately applied or grossly distorted. The frequency and scope of these comments prompted me to write this letter.

Though I am not in your home district, or even your home state, you are a United States Representative of some prominence who is subject to national media coverage. News outlets and websites across this country profile your causes and viewpoints on a regular basis. As one of a handful of women in Congress, you hold a distinct privilege and responsibility to better represent your gender nationally. The statements you make help to serve an injustice to not only the position of Congresswoman, but women everywhere. Though politically expedient, incorrect comments cast a shadow on your person and by unfortunate proxy, both your supporters and detractors alike often generalize this shadow to women as a whole.

Rep. Bachmann, the frequent inability you have shown to accurately and factually present even the most basic information about the United States led me to submit the follow challenge, pitting my public education against your advanced legal education:

I, Amy Myers, do hereby challenge Representative Michele Bachmann to a Public Forum Debate and/or Fact Test on The Constitution of the United States, United States History and United States Civics.

Hopefully, we will be able to meet for such an event, as it would prove to be enlightening.

Sincerely yours,
    Amy Myers

(Bachmann: AP)

Hilarious, although I think that a 10th grader should try for more of a challenge instead of challenging someone as colossally ignorant as Bachmann.

Comment

No doubt the 10th grader would win (I'm talking about the actual 10th grader, not taking a shot at Bauchmann)
      "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

Comment

Well, if the 10th grader is as smart as you appear to believe she is, it'd probably be equally entertaining for her to debate obama. His grasp of the Constitution is just as lacking.
        "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
          Well, if the 10th grader is as smart as you appear to believe she is, it'd probably be equally entertaining for her to debate obama. His grasp of the Constitution is just as lacking.
          Wow, thats some weak sauce right there.
          ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
            Nah, it would be better off challenging the messiah on U.S. history and U.S. geography as he seems to think that there are more than 57 States within the U.S.

Comment

As somebody who lives in MN, I can safely say Michelle ******man is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
                Nah, it would be better off challenging the messiah on U.S. history and U.S. geography as he seems to think that there are more than 57 States within the U.S.
                Has Obama gone around and flaunted himself as part of the "US Geography Caucus" in the government and made many, many speeches demanding that we treat US Geography with more a strict interpretation.....?
                in the same way Bachmann has done with the Constitution ?

gaffes are on thing. All politicians will make them.
                But to be a "darling of the Tea Party" and display fundamental misunderstandings of the Constitution are way more than a "gaffe"

funny how the conservatives never understand that, on this forum.

Someone will bring up Gingrich's infidelity.... and they will immediately talk about Clinton, as if it were the same thing
                Bring up Bachmann, or Palin and Constitutional gaffes.... and they love talking about the "57 states" slip, as if it were the same thing

Comment

Why so? Objectively, why so?
                  Originally posted by sigcopper View Post
                  As somebody who lives in MN, I can safely say Michelle ******man is a tard.
                  The All New
                  BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                  Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                  - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by dlo View Post
                    Has Obama gone around and flaunted himself as part of the "US Geography Caucus" in the government and made many, many speeches demanding that we treat US Geography with more a strict interpretation.....?
                    in the same way Bachmann has done with the Constitution ?
                    That's because he is a fool and doesn't understand geography. Jeesh.........
                    But to be a "darling of the Tea Party" and display fundamental misunderstandings of the Constitution are way more than a "gaffe"
                    How so? When did demonstrate any misunderstanding of the constitution?

Someone will bring up Gingrich's infidelity.... and they will immediately talk about Clinton, as if it were the same thing
                    True enough. Gingrich never did get head from an 18-year-old kid while sitting behind the Resolute. It isn't the same - Newt can't hold a candle (or cigar as it happens) to Slick Willie.
                    Bring up Bachmann, or Palin and Constitutional gaffes.... and they love talking about the "57 states" slip, as if it were the same thing
                    Except that your Messiah is a constutional scholar. Seems if that education he received is real he's be a bit smarter than that.
                    The All New
                    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                      Why so? Objectively, why so?
                      Because she is a republican.

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                        True enough. Gingrich never did get head from an 18-year-old kid while sitting behind the Resolute. It isn't the same - Newt can't hold a candle (or cigar as it happens) to Slick Willie.
                        True, it is much closer to compare Newt to John Edwards, that is the comparison that needs to be made.
                        "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

Comment

Originally posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
                          True, it is much closer to compare Newt to John Edwards, that is the comparison that needs to be made.
                          I was trying to point out that being a married politician and having an affair is bad....
                          but being a "family values" politician and engaging in such behavior is a different animal.

Much the same that political gaffes are one thing...
                          But displaying a lack of understanding of the Constitution from a "Tea Party Patriot" who often touts her allegiance to it - is different

Comment

Originally posted by dlo View Post
                            I was trying to point out that being a married politician and having an affair is bad....
                            but being a "family values" politician and engaging in such behavior is a different animal.
                            Speaking of which, research current John Ensign news, and the so called "C street group" that he is a part of, it's pretty entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
                              Speaking of which, research current John Ensign news, and the so called "C street group" that he is a part of, it's pretty entertaining.
                              lol,
                              yeah - I saw a snippet of that earlier.
                              what a crew

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4971 users online. 295 members and 4676 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X