300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Paul - 2012

Saw this morning that he's officially in the running.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Not too sure about him. But I don't think Newt should run either. Or Trump...
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Good for him. Another case of if I get my way I could easily find myself out of a job.

Comment

Too old....crazy thoughts....and came out against OBL killing.... I will never vote for him.

IF he gets GOP nom....I won't vote at all......

As sad is this is....if Hill-Dawg gets the nominee over Barry....I'd vote for her. It can't be any worse than what we have now....and maybe it would wake up the GOP to start getting viable candidates instead of the same asshats that they are tossing out now...........

Comment

This is his third run. When will he learn?
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Ron Paul appears to be a reincarnation of Harold Stassen.
            When Society makes war on its police, it better be prepared to make friends of its criminals.

Comment

Hopefully Rand Paul will take up the Paul Presidential mantle one day and not come off as such a kook as his old man when it comes to foreign policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post

Too old....crazy thoughts....and came out against OBL killing.... I will never vote for him.
                Yeah, I was amused about his Osama statement. But it goes in line with his overall view of not getting involved overseas. He believes we do too much of that. I kind of think that we do. I think he stretched it too far with the Osama thing since I also believe we have the right to track down and kill any enemy of the country. But hey...

IF he gets GOP nom....I won't vote at all......
                You made me cringe. That's part of the reason we have the current guy. A lot of people opted out of voting. If some idiot is placed against obama and the voter turnout is weak among conservatives, I will blame those non-voting conservatives as much as the obama voters. At this point, anyone has to be better than another four years of the stand-up comedian we currently have.

As sad is this is....if Hill-Dawg gets the nominee over Barry....I'd vote for her. It can't be any worse than what we have now....and maybe it would wake up the GOP to start getting viable candidates instead of the same asshats that they are tossing out now...........
                Now I'm not merely cringing- I'm scared! Maybe... and it's a big maybe, unless we could ensure the House and Senate would be firmly in the hands of conservatives, she'd be really bad. She's one scary b!tch.
                "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
                  Yeah, I was amused about his Osama statement. But it goes in line with his overall view of not getting involved overseas. He believes we do too much of that. I kind of think that we do. I think he stretched it too far with the Osama thing since I also believe we have the right to track down and kill any enemy of the country. But hey...

He said that ....he turned me against him even more..... I just don't like him. Plus, as stated....he's way to old......

You made me cringe. That's part of the reason we have the current guy. A lot of people opted out of voting. If some idiot is placed against obama and the voter turnout is weak among conservatives, I will blame those non-voting conservatives as much as the obama voters. At this point, anyone has to be better than another four years of the stand-up comedian we currently have.

True....but there was no way McCain and Palin were going to win.....no matter how many folks showed up to vote... Just wasn't going to happen with the mess W & Company put us in.......

Now I'm not merely cringing- I'm scared! Maybe... and it's a big maybe, unless we could ensure the House and Senate would be firmly in the hands of conservatives, she'd be really bad. She's one scary b!tch.
                  She can't be any worse than the silly SOB that we've got now.....Hell, my Mom and Dad even said the same thing and they are as die-hard Right Wing as I am......

I think, thus far, she's been one of the better SOS that we've had....... She was all for bombing Libya while Barry sat around with his thumb up his ***....then went about it half-assed. We've half assed everything since WW2 and look where it's got us.... Not to down play all the brave men and women that have served and/or got KIA/WIA in the past several wars.... It's just we haven't committed everything fully to the wars..... We should have wiped A-Stan and Iraq off the face of the earth..... Instead we half-assed it. Same with Bosnia.....same with Panama....same with Grenada....same with Vietnam....same with Korea......

Comment

She can't be any worse than we've got now.....Hell, my Mom and Dad even said the same thing and they are as die-hard Right Wing as I am......

I think, thus far, she's been one of the better SOS that we've had....... She was all for bombing Libya while Barry sat around with his thumb up his ***....then went about it half-assed. We've half assed everything since WW2 and look where it's got us.... Not to down play all the brave men and women that have served and/or got KIA/WIA in the past several wars.... It's just we haven't committed everything fully to the wars..... We should have wiped A-Stan and Iraq off the face of the earth..... Instead we half-assed it. Same with Bosnia.....same with Panama....same with Grenada....same with Vietnam....same with Korea......
                    Okay, I can kind of see your points.

But, her husband cut and run in Somali. He lacked the fortitude to kick *** and we lost some good troops. I'd think she would do the same.

She is in favor of the UN small arms policy and will press to see it passed. Just from a 2nd amendment stance, she's pretty toxic.

She actually is kind of the designer of obamacare and she fought hard for it as the first lady. She becomes potus, we won't get it canned.

Plus, a lot of people seem to die around her. Not buying into the whole Clinton conspiracy theory, but statistically speaking, there were a lot of suicides. That gives me pause because as a cop, I look at trends.

Last but not least, she's anti-military. She has no love for them. That means she's throw them away in some useless conflict.

Again - I don't like the b!tch and she frightens me.

Comment

Your post
                      Does she frighten me...? Hell yes.... But this idiot we have now frighten the crap out of me just as much if not more..... especially if he gets 4 more years.

As stated, if push comes to shove.... I'd take her over Barry..... at least for 4 years till the GOP can get it together...... as Paul isn't it....nor his son for that matter......

And as it stands, unless the GOP can pull its head out of its ***..... I can't see Barry losing. We have crappy, crappy prospects.....

I truly hope Cain steps it up and adds West to his ticket.....or West goes at it..... As I have no love for the ones that are out there now...... but that's just me.....

Comment

Ron Paul can be very sensible every once in a while. Much of what he says is touching upon wingnut territory. Some of what he says is absolutely freaking nuts. He is always going to be a fringe candidate. I was just looking at some youtube videos of his speeches. One of them called for disarming all Federal LEOs. His comments against the killing of Osama and his comments about abolishing the Federal Reserve are also straight up nuts. He might make teh debates more interesting, but he can't be taken too seriously as a candidate.

Comment

Ron Paul lives in the 19th century.
                          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Does she frighten me...? Hell yes.... But this idiot we have now frighten the crap out of me just as much if not more..... especially if he gets 4 more years.

As stated, if push comes to shove.... I'd take her over Barry..... at least for 4 years till the GOP can get it together...... as Paul isn't it....nor his son for that matter......

And as it stands, unless the GOP can pull its head out of its ***..... I can't see Barry losing. We have crappy, crappy prospects.....

I truly hope Cain steps it up and adds West to his ticket.....or West goes at it..... As I have no love for the ones that are out there now...... but that's just me.....
                            If I were betting I would say the person most likely to be the next GOP President would be Chris Christie in 2016. I think it is also possible that one of the newly elected GOP pols like Marco Rubio might emerge as a strong candidate in 2016 as well. I think that the GOP prospects are pretty bleak for 2012 unless something drastic happens before the election.

Are you aware of Herman Cain's attitude towards government employees and their pay and pensions? While he sounded ok in the debate (except where he admitted he knew nothing about Afghanistan). His website offers little in the way of specific proposals. Some of the stuff he says in his columns places him in wingnut territory. The fact that his column appears exclusively in worldnetdaily further solidifies his wingnut status.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPat View Post
                              If I were betting I would say the person most likely to be the next GOP President would be Chris Christie in 2016. I think it is also possible that one of the newly elected GOP pols like Marco Rubio might emerge as a strong candidate in 2016 as well. I think that the GOP prospects are pretty bleak for 2012 unless something drastic happens before the election.
                              We're screwed in 12 unless something major changes. I do hope Hill-Dawg jumps in....That might give us a slim chance....because so many people dispise her.....

Are you aware of Herman Cain's attitude towards government employees and their pay and pensions?
                              Yeap....that's why I am looking to get out of GOV Serivce all together....Take my TSP and run.....before they take it from me....

Because no matter what.... GOV Employees are going to get f'd hard.....even though their are a ton of other crap they can cut.....like aid to Pakastan......

While he sounded ok in the debate (except where he admitted he knew nothing about Afghanistan). His website offers little in the way of specific proposals. Some of the stuff he says in his columns places him in wingnut territory. The fact that his column appears exclusively in worldnetdaily further solidifies his wingnut status.
                              He can't do any worse than what we've got now..... He's a proven business leader....not some academic whack that in two years has spent more money than W did in 8 years......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5609 users online. 361 members and 5248 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X