X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News- Walmart to sell guns again

http://blogs.forbes.com/retailwire/2...-and-firearms/

Walmart Goes Back to the Future with Fabrics, Fishing and Firearms

Walmart currently sells firearms in about a third of its locations after a decision five years ago to eliminate departments in many stores. With its new plan, the chain plans to eventually offer firearms for sale in roughly half of its stores

It's about time they turned on the anti-gun crowd and are exhibiting common business sense. Many Walmart stores made a lot of money off gun and ammo sales. Hopefully, some of those stores will be CT stores. They took guns out of our stores because some stupid liberal state rep pressured them into it.

This is a good thing!
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Interestingly enough, our local Walmart eliminated the fabric sales and expanded their gun sales last year.....
    Originally posted by kontemplerande
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
      Interestingly enough, our local Walmart eliminated the fabric sales and expanded their gun sales last year.....
      Maybe I should move to WI. When do you think global warming will give you guys warm winters?
      "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Keep in mind that I worked for Wal-mart for 7 years. We always sold shotguns/rifles, ammo, accessories, etc. At my store.

Any decision wal-mart makes has nothing to do with pleasing anti-gun or pro-gun supporters. It has only to deal with MONEY. That is the only thing that matters at wal-mart, so trying to politicize it is somewhat ridiculous.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

When I was in Hot Springs AR they sold guns there too.
          Life is what you make of it

Comment

WEll, they'll get some more of my money now. Way to go, Wally World!
            The All New
            BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
            Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
            - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
              Maybe I should move to WI. When do you think global warming will give you guys warm winters?
              Considering this last winter was one of the coldest on record, its going to be awhile. We also had the latest ice out in 50 years too.
              Originally posted by kontemplerande
              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

I can't recall a time when Walmart, in my region, didn't sale some types of firearms. Though I never seen them sale pistols. They have began selling more accessories lately for pistols and rifles all though they're the cheap stuff like a nylon universal Black Hawk universal holster and mag pouch.
                I even seen a Center Point (sp) laser bore sight device, a rail mount red dot sight made by Tasco or Bushnell (can't remember which) and a small rifle bipod etc.
                The problem is they can't keep certain calibers of ammunition in stock. My home town in FL doesn't appear to have that problem.
                Last edited by westside popo; 05-05-2011, 06:54 PM.

Comment

There is one or two Wal-Marto that sells firearms in my area, but the one that is close to my home does not sell any firearms. However, this store does have ample supply of 9mm and 12 GA shells.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                    Any decision wal-mart makes has nothing to do with pleasing anti-gun or pro-gun supporters. It has only to deal with MONEY. That is the only thing that matters at wal-mart, so trying to politicize it is somewhat ridiculous.
                    Walmart is no different from other businesses in that respect. Government is about politics, which is why it costs so much, has a deficit, and yields little of value.
                    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

There's about 3 walmarts in a 30 mile radius that sell ammo. One of them also sells guns... at one of them, as soon as the truck of ammo comes in, all the rednecks buy it and you're left with a few boxes of .380 and that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post

You can say that, but back in 2006 to 2008, Mayors Against Illegal Guns were hammering Wal-mart, at least around the Northeast. A mayor of Bridgeport, Ct and one nanny-state type representative joined in the fight and Walmart yanked guns from most of the CT stores and most every store near NYC. While I'm sure it was partly due to low profit in sales and because of the low profits, Walmart figured it would be a good PR move if they appeased the antis, the fact remains that politics was involved. Attempting to deny that is ridiculous.

Even now that the return of gun sales was announced, we have already seen MAIG folks complaining. Articles are popping up like this one: Boston Mayor Thomas Menino Bashes Wal-Mart Over Guns.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/bosto...mart-over-guns

It'll be interesting to see if Walmart brings guns back to stores around here.

Comment

Every Wal*Mart here sells guns. Actually they never stopped. Its just long guns, no hand guns. But ammo for just about everything. Needs to carry more .40 ammo though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud_Pig View Post
                            Every Wal*Mart here sells guns. Actually they never stopped. Its just long guns, no hand guns. But ammo for just about everything. Needs to carry more .40 ammo though.
                            That's because you still live in America. The Northeast isn't really recognizable as still being part of the country.

Comment

My Wal-Mart carries everything from a S&W 500 to Glock 22, from .410 single shot to Ruger Mini 14s. Ammo though, thats another story; pretty sad selection of ammo.
                              ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7089 users online. 363 members and 6726 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X