300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College is a joke...

I'm posting this in here because it's about politics and I need to vent.

What is with this ridiculous bleeding heart, left wing BS EVERY professor is shoving down the throats of students?!

Example 1: One of my political science professors starts off the first day of class this semester saying that if you don't have a college degree you're basically worthless. He gave the example of how anyone who becomes a plumber inferior to anyone with a college degree.

Example 2: same guy; tells our class on a regular basis that the US military is a waste of money and instead we should use that money to take care of the poor not only in the US but in third world countries as well. I should add that this guy is from IRAQ!

Example 3: My criminal justice advisor thinks 9/11 was orchestrated by our government and shows all these BS youtube conspiracy videos. And he actually has people believing it

Example 4: Same CRIM JUSTICE professor; all criminals are actually victims and its all of the rich white people's fault that they commit crimes. Apparently we 'set up the system' so that all of the 'minorities' and poor people will commit crimes and end up in jail.

I'm set enough in my ways not to fall for this crap, but there are a lot of students that actually hang on every word these administrators say!

Vent over... I could go on and on about different BS i hear every day but I'm just getting myself all fired up thinking about it. I can't believe I am paying for this BS.

Demand a refund of your tuition and go to a different school.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Rate My Professors

Comment

Where do people go to college where this stuff goes on? I can only recall one teacher in all my years of schooling who had an agenda with her class.
        This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Once they get tenure they go crazy with their beliefs. Do what i do, smile, nod and write all papers from a view point similar to this! I did this for one very liberal professor. Got an A in his class and he nearly pooped himself when he found out my tuition was paid by the GI Bill and that i only wrote my papers that way to get a good grade!

Comment

You may want to check out some smaller colleges as they tend to be much less into ideological indoctrination compared to larger named schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul554 View Post
              Once they get tenure they go crazy with their beliefs. Do what i do, smile, nod and write all papers from a view point similar to this! I did this for one very liberal professor. Got an A in his class and he nearly pooped himself when he found out my tuition was paid by the GI Bill and that i only wrote my papers that way to get a good grade!
              that's the problem, its just SO HARD for me to do that!

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleguy View Post
                You may want to check out some smaller colleges as they tend to be much less into ideological indoctrination compared to larger named schools.
                i actually go to a pretty small school (less than 2,000 students). luckily I'm almost done. Just have a lot of homework to do now at the end of the semester so I needed to rant!

Comment

Originally posted by LE_Hopeful23 View Post
                  i actually go to a pretty small school (less than 2,000 students). luckily I'm almost done. Just have a lot of homework to do now at the end of the semester so I needed to rant!
                  So graduation right around the corner? I wish you the best of luck. Just remember that perseverance and hard work will put you ahead of those with the "owed" mentality crowd. I've seen that in my line of work many times.

Comment

My geography teacher was very opposite, his conservatism can rival some of the most conservative people here lol
                    Last edited by MD11pilot; 04-28-2011, 03:38 PM. Reason: spelling
                    Life is what you make of it

Comment

I never faced that issue back when I went to college. Of course, I studied telecommunications and computer science, not criminal justice or political science.
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

So, you had two bad teachers and you lump the good ones in with the bad ones.

Comment

Originally posted by LE_Hopeful23 View Post
                          I'm posting this in here because it's about politics and I need to vent.

What is with this ridiculous bleeding heart, left wing BS EVERY professor is shoving down the throats of students?!

Example 1: One of my political science professors starts off the first day of class this semester saying that if you don't have a college degree you're basically worthless. He gave the example of how anyone who becomes a plumber inferior to anyone with a college degree.

Example 2: same guy; tells our class on a regular basis that the US military is a waste of money and instead we should use that money to take care of the poor not only in the US but in third world countries as well. I should add that this guy is from IRAQ!

Example 3: My criminal justice advisor thinks 9/11 was orchestrated by our government and shows all these BS youtube conspiracy videos. And he actually has people believing it

Example 4: Same CRIM JUSTICE professor; all criminals are actually victims and its all of the rich white people's fault that they commit crimes. Apparently we 'set up the system' so that all of the 'minorities' and poor people will commit crimes and end up in jail.

I'm set enough in my ways not to fall for this crap, but there are a lot of students that actually hang on every word these administrators say!

Vent over... I could go on and on about different BS i hear every day but I'm just getting myself all fired up thinking about it. I can't believe I am paying for this BS.
                          Without naming the specific school, and professors, I'm not inclined to believe any of this. Have the courage of internet anonymity.
                          Last edited by SkepticAlways; 04-28-2011, 09:17 PM.
                          ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

the only professor i've had so far that got political walked into class the first day his first words were don't believe what anyone tells you. You CAN'T be ANYTHING you want to be in life. one girl got upset and walked out and he says, well, now that the liberals are all gone we can get down to business. He was my favorite professor.
                            "Good people sleep well in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to commit acts of violence on their behalf."

Comment

When I was going through undergrad, I had several professors who were WWII/Korean War vets (few others who were post Vietnam vets) who have helped to shape me to who I am now. I had several die hard liberal professors, but luckily, I didn't really pay any attention to those folks and moved on. My grad school, I had one O-6 (Captain in the Navy), retired O-5 and a former Artilleryman as my professors and had great time with these folks.

My 4 years of college, I spent more time at the neighboring college attending ROTC classes than at my own school, so I'd say my college days were rather enjoyable without being exposed to too much of liberalism.

My advice to you is absorb what may help you and dump the rest. Good luck with your schooling.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3981 users online. 255 members and 3726 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X