300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why They Fought

This is a pretty good example of how the left sees our military history.

Originally posted by kontemplerande
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Maybe I missed it. How is this a good example of how the left sees military history?

Comment

Great video. Indeed, the left just doesn't get it.
      The All New
      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Great music video!

Comment

Originally posted by amw315 View Post
          Maybe I missed it. How is this a good example of how the left sees military history?
          Um, that they believe that our guys fought and died for higher taxation, excessive regulation, and limited personal freedoms....

Comment

Originally posted by amw315 View Post
            NO, SRT et al DID MISS the point on purpose. most here are sooo caught up on the neaderthal thinking of " repub'likanz' goood , liburahl' baaadd", unitl they refuse to think outside of the box( or aluminum foil three corner tea bagger hats!!) The point of the video is SARCASM, not a disrespect of the fine fighting men /women of this country! Our military personnel have fought to perserve our INDIVIDUAL LIBERTIES, including the "RIGHT" to not be unnecessarily stopped, searched, spied upon, and made to register for everything( somtething the "RIGHT" hypcriitically claims all libs want to do, but its "patriotic" when they advocate it)

Our "citizen soldiers DIDN'I and DON'T FIGHT AND DIE so that Exxon or Walmarts can have "their corporations recognized as "persons" per the 14th amendments, or get "government welfare, while shipping jobs overseas, and letting those returning soldiers/marines/sailors,airmen unemployed and BROKE. Sad that GOP types always rant "libur'ty" and "support the troops", YET gleefully CUT pay and survivor benefits to our fighting forces. They rant family values, YET want to cut any social services that help families, they talk "strong LE support, yet want to UNDER PAY cops and firefighters.

... and lastly, "THEY" have a problem with DISSENTING opinions- I guess 2nd amend. rights are MORE IMPORTANT than 1st amendment rights- more people have been put to death in this world over the right to have a divergent opinion, than any because they were well armed. Remember its always the "right" who champion BOOK burning ,and are disrespectful of other people's religion ,or personal choices...
            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

quite frankly, I'm tired of the right pimping the Military for their own political feel good jerk offs!!! The video had NOTHING to do with anyone's opinion of the military, it was a lampoon of the wastefful way in which the sacrifice of the U.S. military, is used to "protect" the wrong damn things in this country. Please stop with the liberals HATE the military B.S. Libs HATE B.S. they hate "lies" ( hhmmm, still no WMDs in Iraq- never were in gulf war II- cost 5K + american lives, and over 300,000 iraqis dead just to "look tough" in the middle east), and it wasn't the Libs who set up GITMO detention, or th e"der patroit Akt", or national surveillance of U.S. citizens and resident aliens, yet the rightwing aluminum foil hats proudly foamed that Obammy would set up "re-education camps" and "death panels fo r the old and sickly"-where are they folks???...
              "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
                quite frankly, I'm tired of the right pimping the Military for their own political feel good jerk offs!!! The video had NOTHING to do with anyone's opinion of the military, it was a lampoon of the wastefful way in which the sacrifice of the U.S. military, is used to "protect" the wrong damn things in this country.
                The whole post was meant in jest. Sorry to have sent you over the edge... again.

But since you bring it up:

Please stop with the liberals HATE the military B.S.
                The libs do hate the military. Its at the very core of who liberals are. You might be able to make an argument that Democrats don't hate the military, but liberals most definitely do.

Libs HATE B.S. they hate "lies"
                Libs can't exist without lies. They are interdependent on one another.

( hhmmm, still no WMDs in Iraq- never were in gulf war II- cost 5K + american lives, and over 300,000 iraqis dead just to "look tough" in the middle east),
                WMD's were found. We've been over this a million times. Even Saddam's own people are coming to say that he was actively pursuing a WMD program in the months leading up to the war.

and it wasn't the Libs who set up GITMO detention, or th e"der patroit Akt", or national surveillance of U.S. citizens and resident aliens,
                And yet the most liberal president of all time has decide to keep Gitmo open, extend the Patriot Act and continue internal surveillance all with the backing of his liberal allies in Congress.

yet the rightwing aluminum foil hats proudly foamed that Obammy would set up "re-education camps" and "death panels fo r the old and sickly"-where are they folks???...
                Do a little research on the Independent Payment Advisory Board that was set up by Obamacare. Its the panel that, starting 2019, will be telling Congress how much to pay for treatments under Medicare and what kind of treatments should be covered.

Comment

Originally posted by ten08
                  This Army retiree gets a real kick out of how THE RIGHT wraps themselves in the flag and pretends to speak for the military
                  Its certainly better than being spit on, called a baby killer, encouraged to kill your officers and go AWOL. I would prefer to have someone pretend to like me than be outright hostile towards me....

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
                    Its certainly better than being spit on, called a baby killer, encouraged to kill your officers and go AWOL. I would prefer to have someone pretend to like me than be outright hostile towards me....
                    that's no surprise.

the fact that you'd rather be fluffed than dealt with straight explains why you are a Republican

Comment

The whole post was meant in jest. Sorry to have sent you over the edge... again.
                      so you posted a sarcastic piece... implying it were true (basically distorting its actual true intent) ... in jest...

kind of like a double negative

sounds more like you are covering for a screw up

Comment

still holding onto the 60's too I see? How is that WORSE than DENYING vets benefits, voting DOWN better protective equipment and post service assistance to vets-post Vietnam and NOW) and since you have a myopic view of history in regard sto this countries military, it was the REPUBLICANS that didn't want to go to war against Hitler.......

Comment

I think we've tipped DOA's cup over the brim this time. He's in rare form tonight.
                          The All New
                          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

But since you bring it up:

The libs do hate the military. Its at the very core of who liberals are. You might be able to make an argument that Democrats don't hate the military, but liberals most definitely do.
                            S adly,some IGNORANT ONES do, just like reactionary right wingers as well( Timmy McVeigh anyone???) Wow, all this "lib hate", but you don't see many of them these days planting bombs and threatenting gov't officials, but PLENTY of "git' yer' gunz "rightwingers think its okay to do so...

[/QUOTE]
                            Libs can't exist without lies. They are interdependent on one another.[/QUOTE]

What lie? Like Al Qaeda is in Iraq( after we OVERTHROW an all controlling gov't and left the locals in dhaos)

ot " trickel down theory?" ( only works when some selfish rightwing pprick is pizzing on some down and out perspn on the street.( probably one of those brave and wounded vets they claim to "suport" by buying "made in china yellow"ribbons and plastic flags), or how they WON'T stop til Osama( NOT OBama) is captured- sure they won't..

WMD's were found. We've been over this a million times. Even Saddam's own people are coming to say that he was actively pursuing a WMD program in the months leading up to the war.
                            Pay them enough and they'll say anything to NOT end up hanging from a rope like Hussein did. Again- where are the news articles and photos of these WMDs, hmmm? let me gues( Rightwing nutjob excuse#345) " We's dun' fount'em ,but that darn lefty liber'ul media( Major news compaines are subsidiaries of major right leaning corporations) won't show our photo shopped picts !!!" * yawn....

And yet the most liberal president of all time has decide to keep Gitmo open, extend the Patriot Act and continue internal surveillance all with the backing of his liberal allies in Congress.
                            The libes are now the minority in congress- spin it all you want, he moves against some of this stupidity, vindictive ***ed rightwingers will move against other projects and legislation needed to keep the avg citizen happy in this country- its a lose -lose situation, which the right is only happy to exploit. I have been against the idea of "indeifinitly holding, even the idea of torturing criminals/ enemy combatants, whatever you call them, from get go- if they are that bad , have a open tiral, lock them up, or give them the death penalty- if not, release those found"not guilty"...( RULE OF LAW, something rightwingers have a serious problem with,when it comes to applying the notion of "fairness" to others)

Do a little research on the Independent Payment Advisory Board that was set up by Obamacare. Its the panel that, starting 2019, will be telling Congress how much to pay for treatments under Medicare and what kind of treatments should be covered.
                            "Maybe" if a certain, former POTUS, rightwing stooge hadn't pushed the UNFUNDED and screwed up "medicare part D" on people, ensuring that private insurance could get their grubby hands on public healthcare funds, and OVERPRICE/OVER CHARGE for services, "obama care- which hasn't even gotten off to a start, could work. If many of you self , Ayn Rand following right wing nutsos would actually think of the "common good", we could start acting like a Uniited country again....

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                              I think we've tipped DOA's cup over the brim this time. He's in rare form tonight.
                              oKAY ,i DISCOVERED "MONSTER ENERGY DRINK " TODAY - HAD 4 ! YOU'D BE PROUD OF ME, YELLED AT SOME SMARY "GO OBAMA FOLKS AROUND lax TRYING TO GET CLOSER TO THE FENCELINE TO GET PICKS OF THEIR HERO( GUESS i LOSE MY "LIB" CARD ON THAT ONE...)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4035 users online. 216 members and 3819 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X