Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows Come Nobody is Boycotting Georgia?

They just passed a law even better than Arizona's illegal immigration law but so far, nobody seems to be too worked up about it. People sure are funny
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

I guess Georgia isn't really thought of as a hot bed of illegal immigrants that Arizona is.
    This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Thank you for putting me on your non-person list. It says more about you than about me. I use the pronouns "you" and "your" loosely.
      Last edited by DAL; 04-16-2011, 04:56 PM.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by -Erik- View Post
        I guess Georgia isn't really thought of as a hot bed of illegal immigrants that Arizona is.
        Georgia has one of the fastest growing illegal alien populations in the country.

Arizona was first and much closer to the Peoples Republic of California…
        Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

It's cause Georgia is too far away from California and they don't want to drive that far LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Matt View Post
            Georgia has one of the fastest growing illegal alien populations in the country.

Is that not the pure truth?!
            Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water.

Comment

Because it has little to do with either Charlie Sheen, or whatever the mindless "news topic" of the day happens to be right now.
              -"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Matt View Post

Really? I guess I had no idea.
                This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

At this point, nobody cares very much about Arizona, and everyone knows that the law is largely unenforceable. So why should Georgia's adoption of a similarly unenforceable laws arouse any interest?

Comment

Oklahoma took a somewhat different approach. Whenever you get a license of any sort from the state -- driver license, medical license, hairdresser license, whatever -- you have to sign an affidavit that you are not in the country illegally. Falsifying the statement is a crime and you can be imprisoned.
                    "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
                    But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
                    "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
                    We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Don't mention it. You've earned it.
                      Originally posted by DAL View Post
                      Thank you for putting me on your non-person list. It says more about you than about me. I use the pronouns "you" and "your" loosely.
                      The All New
                      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Any state that passes any law dealing with illegal aliens is just p!$$!ng in the wind. It will make zero difference because the feds won't honor the law and refuse to do their part. About the only thing the states can do is limit services for illegals and make it as tough on them as possible. Illegals will leave a state that does that.
                        "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

IMO the people who would boycott our state because of this law, are people I wouldn't want here to begin with.

I'll have to actually read the law to comment further.

Comment

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
                            Any state that passes any law dealing with illegal aliens is just p!$$!ng in the wind. It will make zero difference because the feds won't honor the law and refuse to do their part. About the only thing the states can do is limit services for illegals and make it as tough on them as possible. Illegals will leave a state that does that.
                            Politicians seem to like passing symbolic laws.

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Originally posted by ten08
                              actually i have been boycotting georgia ever since i watched deliverence.
                              The All New
                              - M1Garand

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4034 users online. 188 members and 3846 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X