Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt that the legislature even considered this issue.

These supervisors very likely came up through the ranks and belonged to the police union before being promoted. They already have pension rights.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I have to agree with jeffIL. States are gambling on the issue of changing compensation packages in the middle of the workers career. There is something called the contract clause and if a governor takes things too far I'm sure it will come back to bite them.

These officers are doing what they can to keep what they have and had for their whole career. I admit it does make them look bad in the eyes of the public, but no one likes cops anyway so it really doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
        So you're telling me that when they joined the department they weren't told this is your pension and how it works? Now mid-game they want to change the rules.
        Actually the rules say that the individual officer will pay 50% of their pension. The vast majority negotiated contracts that said that the employer would pay both halves. The supervisors, who were non-union up to this point, were benefiting from a contract benefit they did not negotiate for. In fact, when you take a supervisor position, you are told specifically that the rules have changed and can change at a whim.
        \

Comment

Originally posted by -Erik- View Post
          How much would they have to pay into their pension? 25 percent? 50? No matter how you slice it I am sure it is less then what those who do not get pensions from there job get to pay into theirs.....
          The complaint is over 5.8%. Not 25% or even the 50% that the state requires individuals to pay into their pension. The average private-sector union worker in Wisconsin pay 12% into their pensions.
          \

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
            The complaint is over 5.8%. Not 25% or even the 50% that the state requires individuals to pay into their pension. The average private-sector union worker in Wisconsin pay 12% into their pensions.
            Do you know how much that would be per check?
            This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Originally posted by -Erik- View Post
              Do you know how much that would be per check?
              If a supervisor made about 67K / year, it (5.8%) would be about 150.00 per check or a total of 3880.00/ year

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4914 users online. 320 members and 4594 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X