300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Erik- View Post
    Doesn't Paul Ryan's plan just flat out remove Social Security and Medicare? If so I want to stop paying for those things right now if I am not going to ever get to use them.
    His plan from last year reformed Social Security, the current one doesn't really address it. The new plan preserves Medicare as is for those 55 and older, and then pretty much gives the rest of us the chorizo and phases it out almost completely for those under 55.

Comment

Supposedly, part of obama's plan is this:

"Obama’s scheme would automatically raise taxes if politicians spend too much. According to the talking points distributed by the White House, the automatic tax increase would take effect “if, by 2014, the projected ratio of debt-to-GDP is not stabilized and declining toward the end of the decade.”

Haven't seen a good explanation of his plan so I don't know if that is a good inference. But it sounds like a progressive mindset.

"We need money- raise taxes. There need not be any input from the taxpayers. Who are they anyway? We know what's best for you."
      "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3897 users online. 251 members and 3646 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X