300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry Hussein Obama (not Osama) Announces his New Spending "Plan"

Well, at least that's what he called it. Motivated only by his poll numbers and not giving an honest damn about the U.S., he "revised" his budget vision yesterday.

What it was was a re-election speech chock full of lies, half-truths, deception and vitriol.

The more he changes, the more he stays the same.

What a loser. What a pathetic, ego-driven beginner we have as our president.

Work against him. Spead the word. With the ill-informed and ignorant voters out there, he could still win. Then we're REALLY screwed.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

I think some are waking up to what's going on. My Brother who voted for this train wreck of a President admitted that he is not a great President. I almost choked on my beer when he admitted that. Left me with some hope.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
      Well, at least that's what he called it. Motivated only by his poll numbers and not giving an honest damn about the U.S., he "revised" his budget vision yesterday.

What it was was a re-election speech chock full of lies, half-truths, deception and vitriol.

The more he changes, the more he stays the same.

What a loser. What a pathetic, ego-driven beginner we have as our president.

Work against him. Spead the word. With the ill-informed and ignorant voters out there, he could still win. Then we're REALLY screwed.
      Can you take some time and tell how you feel about Obama?
      Retired

Comment

Can you explain what is wrong with his plan specifically?
        This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Originally posted by -Erik- View Post
          Are you mistaking this for a forum where you might expect to have a reasoned and intelligent discussion?

Comment

Originally posted by BigPat View Post
            Are you mistaking this for a forum where you might expect to have a reasoned and intelligent discussion?
            Doesn't Paul Ryan's plan just flat out remove Social Security and Medicare? If so I want to stop paying for those things right now if I am not going to ever get to use them.
            This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Doesn't Paul Ryan's plan just flat out remove Social Security and Medicare? If so I want to stop paying for those things right now if I am not going to ever get to use them.
              Unfortunately even if SS is not removed, you may not get anything after all those decades of money you put in. Serious reform on the entitlements and how they are administered and what purpose is going to have to take place and I just don't feel we have any politicians that have what it takes to lead the way.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                I think some are waking up to what's going on. My Brother who voted for this train wreck of a President admitted that he is not a great President. I almost choked on my beer when he admitted that. Left me with some hope.
                Not everyone is waking up...

sigpic

Comment

That's the problem - there's nothing SPECIFIC in the plan! So, one cannot take exception to any of it. Wait a minute ... maybe he's stupid like a fox?!?!?!
                  The All New
                  BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                  Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                  - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleguy View Post
                    Unfortunately even if SS is not removed, you may not get anything after all those decades of money you put in. Serious reform on the entitlements and how they are administered and what purpose is going to have to take place and I just don't feel we have any politicians that have what it takes to lead the way.
                    +1
                    You do know that the congress just couldn't leave all that beautiful money just sitting in the SS fund don't you? I don't know how many times they "dipped" into it, not repaying it back. Municipalities and state governments do the same thing. The lottery was supposed to cure our education funding for our state. Instead of leaving that income just for education, they use it for any pet project they want. Now they want more taxes "earmarked" for education. I cannot print the words I'm thinking to tell them what to do with their new tax proposals.

Our city voted for a new tax to do some more urban development, all the while the mayor was saying we will not furlough cops and firemen. Guess what? Our city is over 600 cops down from what they need to handle the calls. I talked to a MSG in the PD last night. He said he was the only cop on his beat in a section of town 20 miles by 20 miles roughly with a population of 200,000
                    He said they are just going from one 911 call to the next. There is no proactive policing.

If congress would follow basic business rules. If we could all just band together and tighten our belts and shut our mouths blaming each other we can beat this. Republicans and democrats BOTH did this and it's going to take BOTH to get us out of it.

I also feel the presidency is not an OJT job. I heard people I would have never dreamed of voting for Obama before the election saying they were voting for him to just because they were not voting for McCain. I couldn't freaking believe it. You voted for his butt, you are now paying for it. Problem is, you're making us all pay for it.

PERIOD!

Sorry for the rant, my meds just hit.
                    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

If congress would follow basic business rules. If we could all just band together and tighten our belts and shut our mouths blaming each other we can beat this. Republicans and democrats BOTH did this and it's going to take BOTH to get us out of it.
                      Well said Brother!!
                      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

That's the problem - there's nothing SPECIFIC in the plan! So, one cannot take exception to any of it. Wait a minute ... maybe he's stupid like a fox?!?!?!
                        I do not know enough about either plan to support one or the other. I would have to see the pros vs the cons.. Or even yet what third option may exist out there.

M-11

Comment

Do you need to ask? It is Obama's plan, and anything he says is ipso facto bad.
                          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I'd be happy if they called it a "Saving" plan instead of a "Spending" plan.

hey, I'm easily pleased.

M-11
                            “All men dream...... But not equally..
                            Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                            but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                            for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Ryan's plan is also very short on specifics, especially dealing with the tax changes that he wants. It also relies on some very fuzzy math from the Heritage foundation, including absolutely ludicrous predictions for economic growth and unemployment (they assume 2.8% unemployment). The truth is that neither plan is very good, neither is going to eliminate the deficit, and neither one is even likely to be passed. The Simpson-Bowles plan is flawed but would provide a good starting point (both Ryan's and Obama's plan take some aspects of the Simpson-Bowles plan.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3292 users online. 204 members and 3088 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X