Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great - Now we Raise the Debt Ceiling?

I think not. I say shut off the money and let the chips fall where they may. This is just one more Obama lie. First he votes against it, now he wants it.

What a fool. Live with it, Barry.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

post deleted
    Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 05:55 PM.

Comment

I say default, so we can all live like backwoods paupers and have no influence! That'll show 'em.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Can't they just raise it to infinity? Because then we wouldn't have to revisit the issue time and again.

Comment

If we have to raise the debt ceiling, it's clearly a failure of our leader. It will weaken us and just passes the problem onto our grandkids. Clearly, obama failed.
          "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Lol that 2006 speech is a fail. Clearly he regrets it now, but at the time it was just a partisan democrat v republican issue. Not saying it's right, but that whole scenario is being put on replay with the sides being flipped. It's really entertaining when you see politicians do a complete 180, even funnier when its from BOTH sides. Just shows how they stand for what's most beneficial to them, not what they really believe in.

Edit- and it's obvious we need to raise the debt ceiling, there is no question about it. Hopefully it comes with meaningful cuts this time around.
            Last edited by PoliceProspect; 04-13-2011, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
              If we have to raise the debt ceiling, it's clearly a failure of our leader. It will weaken us and just passes the problem onto our grandkids. Clearly, obama failed.
              It's a failure of all our politicians. Obama does not spend money alone.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                Can't they just raise it to infinity? Because then we wouldn't have to revisit the issue time and again.
                The recurrent need to increase the debt ceiling provides media attention. I suppose it does help remind the public that there is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
                  He and his adherents won't see it as a failure if he manages to get taxes increased, especially on higher income earners. That blissful feat alone will be worth brownie points for three wars and a skirmish.

Comment

I have an idea...why don't we just do away with the debt, sort of forgive it, like some of the countries after WW II, and start over fresh?

Comment

We all joke and go back and forth but in all honesty this guy is lost and he has no answers. I'm 38 years old and if I'm lucky I will have enough to get buy and a pension when I'm older. It is my daughter, and two sons that I worry about. What will they think of all of us one day. It will not be a proud moment in History.
                      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

According to President Oprah, I mean Obama, a few minutes ago, our problems are due to unfunded tax cuts. In other words, the greedy are hanging onto too much of the government's money.

Comment

familiar theme from our great leader. How much of his Salary did he donate back this year?
                          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

we do NOT have to raise the Debt ceiling as long as we ensure things are paid off when due and arrange for others

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                              It's a failure of all our politicians. Obama does not spend money alone.
                              You and I understand that. We know there are always 435 people involved in the process. But for years now, it's been rather partisan when blame is laid.

Example: "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. ... Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that 'the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem."

That was obama himself. It was great to say that when it was a slur pointed directly at Bush. I bet obama hates having said that now. "Chickens (or roosters) coming home to roost" and all that.

The dems used it as a tool to gain support. Imagine their surprise when the Repubs are doing the same. You gotta love politics.
                              "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6425 users online. 389 members and 6036 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X