Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Can we just use common sense. The answer is HELL NO.

Leave a comment:

• ERMedic
    replied
    Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
    Some drugs that are abusable are incorrectly called narcotics.

At least 1 drug (dronabinol) containing the same primary active component as cannabis is federally prescribable.

The Feds aren't especially consistent regarding Schedule emplacement. Bayer Heroin® (diacetylmorphine) is a Schudule I narcotic, while fentanyl (e.g. Sublimaze®) is about 100 times as strong an opioid receptor agonist as morphine is, and is Schedule II. Cocaine and methamphetamine are Schedule II, and are also highly abusable, and they are stimulants, not narcotics.

Drugs which are not narcotics should not be called narcotics, even if, like narcotics, they are abusable, because they are in fact not narcotics.

It is the state that is issuing the CCW, not the Feds, so the overreaching of the Feds regarding what durgs a physician may dispense, prescribe, or recommend, without involvement of interstate commerce, is not the primary concern.

If one drug is a CCW disqualifier because of its inherent pharmacodynamic characteristics, so should another drug with similar active components be, regardless of whether one is federally prescribable and the other isn't.
    As a paramedic, you are spot on with your information, except for the fact that valium IS a narcotic. Otherwise solid info brother!

Leave a comment:

• nate8u
    replied
    Originally posted by Dep D View Post
    I think the Sheriff's need to make sure any other person who has a prescription for valium, percocet or any other narcotic have their CCW's recinded immediatley.
    That would be a lot of law enforcement...

Leave a comment:

• needguidance
    replied
    She can take the fast road to a cure and just use the gun.

Leave a comment:

• 1042 Trooper
    replied
    Anybody got ay Doritos? How 'bout some Twinkies?

Leave a comment:

• Monty Ealerman
    replied
    Originally posted by HeadDoc View Post
    Irrelevant. The other drugs you name are not Schedule I drugs under federal law. Schedule I drugs cannot be legally prescribed. By federal law, a prescription for marijuana is no more valid than a prescription for heroin. The issue is that an "unlawful user" of drugs cannot by federal law possess a firearm.
    Some drugs that are abusable are incorrectly called narcotics.

At least 1 drug (dronabinol) containing the same primary active component as cannabis is federally prescribable.

The Feds aren't especially consistent regarding Schedule emplacement. Bayer Heroin® (diacetylmorphine) is a Schudule I narcotic, while fentanyl (e.g. Sublimaze®) is about 100 times as strong an opioid receptor agonist as morphine is, and is Schedule II. Cocaine and methamphetamine are Schedule II, and are also highly abusable, and they are stimulants, not narcotics.

Drugs which are not narcotics should not be called narcotics, even if, like narcotics, they are abusable, because they are in fact not narcotics.

It is the state that is issuing the CCW, not the Feds, so the overreaching of the Feds regarding what durgs a physician may dispense, prescribe, or recommend, without involvement of interstate commerce, is not the primary concern.

If one drug is a CCW disqualifier because of its inherent pharmacodynamic characteristics, so should another drug with similar active components be, regardless of whether one is federally prescribable and the other isn't.
    Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 04-26-2011, 07:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SRT936
    replied
    Originally posted by -Erik- View Post
    I snickered a little.
    Me too.

Quite frankly it was the funniest thing I've read around here in awhile.

Leave a comment:

• -Erik-
    replied
    Originally posted by JasperST View Post
    Maybe she just wants to take pot shots at people?

I apologize for that...
    I snickered a little.

Leave a comment:

• JasperST
    replied
    Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
    Lets go back to the original article. The person raising the stink is arthritic elderly lady. She uses the marijuana to deal with the pain of her arthitis and muscle spasm. How the hell does she shoot a gun if she has arthitis pain and muscle spasms?
    Maybe she just wants to take pot shots at people?

I apologize for that...

Leave a comment:

• GIOSTORMUSNRET
    replied
    Lets go back to the original article. The person raising the stink is arthritic elderly lady. She uses the marijuana to deal with the pain of her arthitis and muscle spasm. How the hell does she shoot a gun if she has arthitis pain and muscle spasms? So yeah she'd be under the influence of a controlled substance in order to deal with the pain just to shoot the gun. The sheriff is right in not giving her a CCW.
    Last edited by GIOSTORMUSNRET; 04-17-2011, 08:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HeadDoc
    replied
    Originally posted by itstjs View Post
    I personally think Medical Marijuana Holders are idiots...What better excuse to get high huh?
    And that's all it is. There are better treatments available for legitimate medical problems.

Leave a comment:

• itstjs
    replied
    I personally think Medical Marijuana Holders are idiots...What better excuse to get high huh?

Leave a comment:

• jason860
    replied
    I just cannot understand the glorification of marijuana in this country. There are so many more dire issues that this country faces. I understand this medical marijuana phenomenon, that as one poster stated "one in ten" actually needed it. For instance, I have read studies about how it helped people get over the nausea and lack of appetite during chemotherapy.But, I am pro 2nd amendment.However, as some of you have already stated, no one should be in possession of a gun while under mind altering drugs. Marijuana will not make you smarter, more organized or productive. It is a harmful substance. As well as a gateway drug. 85% of the people that I went to high school who were pot heads turned to hard drugs by college. So, while it might help people who have medical conditions cope, it might also bring a whole set of new negative issues into the picture. The last thing anyone needs is a bunch of stoned morons shooting at a twinkie clipped to a clothes line.

Leave a comment:

• needguidance
    replied
    Originally posted by FNA209 View Post

No, just decided what I was going to say didn't need to be said.

That or it was early onset of dementia. At my age, I forget one way or the other after about 30 minutes.

And here I thought massive intake of THC just made you stupid.
    I think you can cure that with a gun and a prescription for marijuana.

Massive amounts of THC? Nah, I know plenty of stupid people who never touched the stuff.

Leave a comment:

• HeadDoc
    replied
    Originally posted by DAL View Post
    Read your own post: I did not say "prescription for marijuana." I said "a prescription for a drug," and the reference to drug is to post #2, which deals with drugs that are commonly prescribed.

You are the one who said "prescription for marijuana."

Your own post shows that you are wrong, and shows that there is nothing scurrilous in my remarks.
    If I misunderstood your post, I apologize. Nevertheless, I'm pi**ed that you suggested that I prescribe marijuana.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5225 users online. 332 members and 4893 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X