300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
    Didya mean you forgot about what you were going to say?

No, just decided what I was going to say didn't need to be said.

That or it was early onset of dementia. At my age, I forget one way or the other after about 30 minutes.

Originally posted by needguidance View Post
    That's what happens when you smoke and carry a gun with muscle spasms. The muscle spasms move to the brain..LOL.

And here I thought massive intake of THC just made you stupid.
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by HeadDoc View Post
      Afraid not, DAL. Look back to post #3 where you said, "A person who has a valid prescription for a drug is not an unlawful user thereof." In post #4, I responded, "Except that a prescription for marijuana can't possibly be valid."

If you're going to resort to scurrilous attacks upon my practice of medicine, at least get your facts straight.
      Read your own post: I did not say "prescription for marijuana." I said "a prescription for a drug," and the reference to drug is to post #2, which deals with drugs that are commonly prescribed.

You are the one who said "prescription for marijuana."

Your own post shows that you are wrong, and shows that there is nothing scurrilous in my remarks.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

To get back to the OP, however, the point is that the person with the "medical marijuana" card has admitted to being an illegal user of a prohibited substance and the sheriff would be remiss in his duty if he issued a permit to carry a firearm to a person who is prohibited by federal law from carrying a firearm.
        That is precisely the problem.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Why the smart *** comment? You're back on my list. What an Adam Henry!

As an attorney, I'm suprised at your lack of political science knowledge. Don't they teach that in college anymore?

Like any other citizen who disagrees with a law would do, one lobbies his congressman or senator to change it. Jeez Louise, what a maroon.

Originally posted by DAL View Post
          A normal state of affairs. How is the sheriff going to change federal law to make marijuana legal?
          The All New
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
            Read your own post: I did not say "prescription for marijuana." I said "a prescription for a drug," and the reference to drug is to post #2, which deals with drugs that are commonly prescribed.

You are the one who said "prescription for marijuana."

Your own post shows that you are wrong, and shows that there is nothing scurrilous in my remarks.
            If I misunderstood your post, I apologize. Nevertheless, I'm pi**ed that you suggested that I prescribe marijuana.
            "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
            But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
            "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
            We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post

No, just decided what I was going to say didn't need to be said.

That or it was early onset of dementia. At my age, I forget one way or the other after about 30 minutes.

And here I thought massive intake of THC just made you stupid.
              I think you can cure that with a gun and a prescription for marijuana.

Massive amounts of THC? Nah, I know plenty of stupid people who never touched the stuff.

World_So_Cold

Comment

I just cannot understand the glorification of marijuana in this country. There are so many more dire issues that this country faces. I understand this medical marijuana phenomenon, that as one poster stated "one in ten" actually needed it. For instance, I have read studies about how it helped people get over the nausea and lack of appetite during chemotherapy.But, I am pro 2nd amendment.However, as some of you have already stated, no one should be in possession of a gun while under mind altering drugs. Marijuana will not make you smarter, more organized or productive. It is a harmful substance. As well as a gateway drug. 85% of the people that I went to high school who were pot heads turned to hard drugs by college. So, while it might help people who have medical conditions cope, it might also bring a whole set of new negative issues into the picture. The last thing anyone needs is a bunch of stoned morons shooting at a twinkie clipped to a clothes line.
                Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
                ~Mark Twain

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
                ~Thomas Jefferson

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."
                — Horace Mann

Comment

I personally think Medical Marijuana Holders are idiots...What better excuse to get high huh?

Comment

Originally posted by itstjs View Post
                    I personally think Medical Marijuana Holders are idiots...What better excuse to get high huh?
                    And that's all it is. There are better treatments available for legitimate medical problems.
                    "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
                    But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
                    "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
                    We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Lets go back to the original article. The person raising the stink is arthritic elderly lady. She uses the marijuana to deal with the pain of her arthitis and muscle spasm. How the hell does she shoot a gun if she has arthitis pain and muscle spasms? So yeah she'd be under the influence of a controlled substance in order to deal with the pain just to shoot the gun. The sheriff is right in not giving her a CCW.
                      Last edited by GIOSTORMUSNRET; 04-17-2011, 08:40 PM.
                      GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
                        Lets go back to the original article. The person raising the stink is arthritic elderly lady. She uses the marijuana to deal with the pain of her arthitis and muscle spasm. How the hell does she shoot a gun if she has arthitis pain and muscle spasms?
                        Maybe she just wants to take pot shots at people?

I apologize for that...

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                          Maybe she just wants to take pot shots at people?

I apologize for that...
                          I snickered a little.
                          This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Originally posted by -Erik- View Post
                            I snickered a little.
                            Me too.

Quite frankly it was the funniest thing I've read around here in awhile.
                            \

Comment

Irrelevant. The other drugs you name are not Schedule I drugs under federal law. Schedule I drugs cannot be legally prescribed. By federal law, a prescription for marijuana is no more valid than a prescription for heroin. The issue is that an "unlawful user" of drugs cannot by federal law possess a firearm.
                              Some drugs that are abusable are incorrectly called narcotics.

At least 1 drug (dronabinol) containing the same primary active component as cannabis is federally prescribable.

The Feds aren't especially consistent regarding Schedule emplacement. Bayer Heroin® (diacetylmorphine) is a Schudule I narcotic, while fentanyl (e.g. Sublimaze®) is about 100 times as strong an opioid receptor agonist as morphine is, and is Schedule II. Cocaine and methamphetamine are Schedule II, and are also highly abusable, and they are stimulants, not narcotics.

Drugs which are not narcotics should not be called narcotics, even if, like narcotics, they are abusable, because they are in fact not narcotics.

It is the state that is issuing the CCW, not the Feds, so the overreaching of the Feds regarding what durgs a physician may dispense, prescribe, or recommend, without involvement of interstate commerce, is not the primary concern.

If one drug is a CCW disqualifier because of its inherent pharmacodynamic characteristics, so should another drug with similar active components be, regardless of whether one is federally prescribable and the other isn't.
                              Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 04-26-2011, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Anybody got ay Doritos? How 'bout some Twinkies?
                                The All New
                                BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                                Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                                - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5701 users online. 331 members and 5370 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X