Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
    Forget about what I was going to say.
    Didya mean you forgot about what you were going to say?

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
      Didya mean you forgot about what you were going to say?

That's what happens when you smoke and carry a gun with muscle spasms. The muscle spasms move to the brain..LOL.

World_So_Cold

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
        Diazepam (Valium) is an addictive drug, and it is a benzodiazepine, not a narcotic. At one time it was the most prescribed drug in the US. Morphine is an addictive drug, and it is a narcotic, and physicians are allowed to prescribe it. Dronabinol is a comparatively moderately addictive drug, not a narcotic, contains the primary active compound (THC) contained in cannabis, and can be prescribed by physicians in every state.

If prescribed cannabis should be a disqualifier, so should many other prescribed drugs be, at least those that bear labels cautioning against the operation of machinery.

Does anyone besides me remember the Feds and Heads board game?
        Irrelevant. The other drugs you name are not Schedule I drugs under federal law. Schedule I drugs cannot be legally prescribed. By federal law, a prescription for marijuana is no more valid than a prescription for heroin. The issue is that an "unlawful user" of drugs cannot by federal law possess a firearm.
        "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
        But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
        "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
        We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Dude, far out man, I got a gun man, cool….

I could kill for a brownie man, (BANG), oh $&*# man…
          Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by mtxpro752 View Post
            DAL there is no such thing as a perscription for marijuana. It is a "recomendation" it can not be perscribed. I agree that medical marijuana card holders should not be CCW holders, let's say they haven't ingested and THC in a while, carry their gun and get into a shooting. THC levels are still detectable in their system and will cause all sorts of nightmares of determining just how under the influence they were.

WEED HEADS, just like DRUNKS, don't need to be anywhere near machinery, autos, of GUNS- "shall not be infringed"??? sorry- stupid and high/drunk? you are NOT fit to carry a gun- sober and focussed? different story.....
            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Why not just have a law prohibiting carrying while under the influence of a mind altering substance? Problem solved.

Comment

I' m confused........

Is it about safety or is it about paybacks for legal use of medicinal dope. If it's about safety, no one who drinks alcohol should be anyuwhere near a weapon either, nor should anyone taking antihistamines.

If the sheriff has a boner about legal weed - tough noogies. Get the law repealed. In the meantime, why harass the woman?
                The All New
                BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by mtxpro752 View Post
                  DAL there is no such thing as a perscription for marijuana. It is a "reccomendation" it can not be perscribed.

I agree that medical marijuana card holders should not be CCW holders, let's say they haven't ingested and THC in a while, carry their gun and get into a shooting. THC levels are still detectable in their system and will cause all sorts of nightmares of determining just how under the influence they were.
                  I never said there was such a thing as a prescription for MJ; that was HeadDoc's doing. Maybe he issues them. I know that is so in California, but I do not know other states' medical marijuana laws and their terminology.
                  Last edited by DAL; 04-10-2011, 09:25 PM.
                  Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                    I' m confused........
                    A normal state of affairs. How is the sheriff going to change federal law to make marijuana legal?
                    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Vorkon View Post
                      Personally I don't want a person high on weed caring a slag shot around me. Would not mater if weed was legal on the federal level.
                      Beer is legal and I still do not care to have some one drunk packing a 40 cal standing behind me, to the side or with in so many feet.

How ever my stance on marijuana is if someone wants to set in their home and smoke a joint what is that to me? or the federal government for that mater.
                      Not that I would want them around me. Just what they do in their own homes should be their business.

Maybe I'm not the literalists you was thinking of, if not forget what I just said I'll just read the other responses..
                      I value your opinion. You truly are a protector of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
                        why not just have a law prohibiting carrying while under the influence of a mind altering substance? Problem solved.
                        this

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                          I never said there was such a thing as a prescription for MJ; that was HeadDoc's doing. Maybe he issues them. I know that is so in California, but I do not know other states' medical marijuana laws and their terminology.
                          Afraid not, DAL. Look back to post #3 where you said, "A person who has a valid prescription for a drug is not an unlawful user thereof." In post #4, I responded, "Except that a prescription for marijuana can't possibly be valid."

If you're going to resort to scurrilous attacks upon my practice of medicine, at least get your facts straight.
                          "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
                            Why not just have a law prohibiting carrying while under the influence of a mind altering substance? Problem solved.
                            Most states already have some variation of that law. The problem comes in trying to define "under the influence." Nevertheless, a person who is obviously impaired while driving or handling a firearm may be charged regardless of whether the substance was prescribed, bought over-the-counter, or bought on the street. If I give you a prescription for narcotic pain medication for your broken ankle, you are still responsible for how you behave when you have it in your system.

To get back to the OP, however, the point is that the person with the "medical marijuana" card has admitted to being an illegal user of a prohibited substance and the sheriff would be remiss in his duty if he issued a permit to carry a firearm to a person who is prohibited by federal law from carrying a firearm. If weed-smokers don't like it, tough noogies. Get the law changed. I have no sympathy for dopers. None. If you want to carry a firearm, stop smoking pot.

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
                              WEED HEADS, just like DRUNKS, don't need to be anywhere near machinery, autos, o[r] GUNS- "shall not be infringed"??? sorry- stupid and high/drunk? you are NOT fit to carry a gun- sober and focussed? different story.....
                              Agree.
                              IMO, and based on my observations, dope makes you stupid and affects your memory. Not to mention your judgment is impaired while high on the stuff. Same for drunks!

Comment

Originally posted by HeadDoc View Post
                                Most states already have some variation of that law. The problem comes in trying to define "under the influence." Nevertheless, a person who is obviously impaired while driving or handling a firearm may be charged regardless of whether the substance was prescribed, bought over-the-counter, or bought on the street. If I give you a prescription for narcotic pain medication for your broken ankle, you are still responsible for how you behave when you have it in your system.

To get back to the OP, however, the point is that the person with the "medical marijuana" card has admitted to being an illegal user of a prohibited substance and the sheriff would be remiss in his duty if he issued a permit to carry a firearm to a person who is prohibited by federal law from carrying a firearm. If weed-smokers don't like it, tough noogies. Get the law changed. I have no sympathy for dopers. None. If you want to carry a firearm, stop smoking pot.
                                What he said!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4196 users online. 243 members and 3953 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X