300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News Job Seekers. 50,000 NEW Jobs in 1 day

The bad news is they are the crappiest jobs in the entire country.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/04/news...n=money_latest
    McDonald's to hire 50,000 workers - in 1 day

McDonald's said Monday that it is planning a one-day hiring spree of 50,000 new workers on April 19 for its U.S. restaurants.

McDonald's (MCD, Fortune 500) said that these new "Mcjobs" will include crew and management positions, part-time and full-time.

McDonald's, which has 14,000 restaurants in the United States, said the hires will occur nationwide.

"We're excited to offer 50,000 new jobs, all across America, all in one day," said Jan Fields, president of McDonald's U.S.A.

Fields, who started working at a McDonald's restaurant as a crew member behind the counter in 1978, said the 50,000 new hires will increase the U.S. workforce to 700,000 from its current level of 650,000.

She said the average pay for the jobs is $8.30 an hour. That's compared to the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour, though in some states the minimum wage is higher. She said that restaurant managers can make $50,000 a year.
    6 crazy Subway locations

This announcement from McDonald's is just the latest sign of an improving job market. On Friday, the U.S. government announced a gain of 216,000 jobs in March, pushing the unemployment rate down to 8.8%, its lowest level in two years.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
    The bad news is they are the crappiest jobs in the entire country.
    Perhaps....but if you are needing work and don't want to suck off the hind teet of the US Gov like lots of folks are doing...... Good place to go.....

I'd much rather see these types of jobs go to AMERICANS and not illegals.....like they tend to....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
      Perhaps....but if you are needing work and don't want to suck off the hind teet of the US Gov like lots of folks are doing...... Good place to go.....
      +1
      I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
        +1
        I've got a friend who's wife/parents own a couple of Mickey D's back home..... They pay above minimum wage, supply benefits for full-time employees, promote from within, etc.....Most of their managers started on crews and worked their way up to Managing restuarants for them or others Owners making decent salaries for the Midwest (50K and above which is better than the local Cops make in some of the smaller towns they have stores at).......

If I could find a Corp job with Mickey D's in their security dept......I'd go in a heartbeat. They pay very, very well......

Comment

Considering the skill level of most McD workers, they are lucky to have jobs at all.
          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
            Considering the skill level of most McD workers, they are lucky to have jobs at all.
            Once again....the economy is in the tank. I would think folks even with 4 year degrees would look at jobs like this just to be employed so they can pay bills, eat, have benefits if they are over 40 hours, and live....

Just me....

Comment

Problem there is to communicate with your co workers, you have to be bilingual.
              Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
                Problem there is to communicate with your co workers, you have to be bilingual.
                Depends where you are at.... I know the stores my friends wife/parents own have all English speaking folks there. Mainly because they have stores in smaller College towns....

DC area...? Oh yeah..... I was ordering my meals in Spanish because it was easier. Too bad ICE doesn't go clean those places out and let Americans/legal workers work there......

Comment

Hey in this economy a job is a job. Grab what you can get.
                  Life is what you make of it

Comment

There are many people here legally whose primary language is Spanish.

Even a job a McDonalds is helpful to establish a history that you are a reliable employee. No one is going to hire an inexperienced, unskilled worker to perform a god that pays well.

Comment

There are many people here legally whose primary language is Spanish.

Even a job a McDonalds is helpful to establish a history that you are a reliable employee. No one is going to hire an inexperienced, unskilled worker to perform a job that pays well.
                      Fixed it for ya.
                      Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Un numero uno (Big Mac), con Coca-Cola, y dos apple pie, por favor...Para ir, gracias...

I wouldn't work there, I hate the food/fast food industry, but keep in mind McDonalds is one of the biggest companies in the WORLD...If you work yourself up the ladder you can find yourself in a good spot...
                        sigpic

Comment

Que? Dos pasteles de manzana. Y porque no has demandado papas fritas?

Comment

Que? Dos pasteles de manzana. Y porque no has demandado papas fritas?
                            Si, pasteles de manzana, las papas fritas vienen con la orden numero uno...cuanto questa si quiero otro Big Mac, solo la torta?...

(I'm sure I misspelled something)...

FYI, that's how you order in Miami...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post

I'd much rather see these types of jobs go to AMERICANS and not illegals.....like they tend to....
                              Honestly, when I was unemployed, I would have skipped on a crappy job like McDonalds. First of all, keep in mind that they will be hiring mostly part-time employees. Don't believe the hype of getting a $50,000/yr management job. Those employees will work maybe 30 hours a week, get absolutely no benefits, and get paid a hair above minimum wage.

Had I taken a job like that, it would have interfered with my serious efforts to find a real job (one that is full-time, has benefits, and pays enough to actually pay my bills). In fact you might as well sign up for food stamps and medicaid if you get one of these crappy jobs. You will be dependent on the government.
                              What is Perseverance?
                              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4840 users online. 289 members and 4551 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X