Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Phone

-Copy of an email i got today-

What the hell kind of a Congress do we have???????

This is getting to be way too much to swallow. How can one get into that league of freebies? And where are our elected ones, that allow it. Read on,

The Obama Phone -

NO JOKE
    This is unbelievable !!

Just when you think you've heard it all, our illustrious Congress quietly comes up with a new zinger to put their hands in your pockets, and pick them while you aren't watching. Isn't this just wonderful ?

I was standing in line at the checkout counter at Wal Mart and as I looked at the line behind me, I saw a couple of people talking about what looked like identical new cell phones, bragging about the fact that their phones were free and so was the airtime.

The woman in line behind me had heard the same exchange and turned to the young man behind her and asked, 'Is that a new type of cell phone?' The young man replied, 'Yes, this is my new Obama phone. She asked him what an Obama phone was, and he went on to say that, 'Welfare recipients are now eligible to receive what he described as (1) a FREE new cell phone, and (2) approximately 70 FREE minutes of air time every month.'

Needless to say, I was a little skeptical about his answer, so when I got back home, I Googled it, and lo and behold, he was telling the truth. This was what I discovered:

SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program that provides a free cell phone and airtime each month for income-eligible customers. In other words, your tax dollars are being distributed to a wireless phone provider to provide welfare recipients with free cell phones and airtime. I don't know about you, but as for me, enough is enough. We are $14 Trillion in debt, Congress is balking at continuing unemployment payments to those who want to work, and Congress is increasing the dole-out to dead beats.

You can click on the link below to confirm for yourself that the Obama Phone is real.

Just have a barf bag ready.

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enr...blic/Home.aspx

I work every day and pay for my Own Cell Phone and buy My Own minutes.....
    HOW ABOUT YOU! Doesn't this just **** You off?? DAMN!!!!
    Last edited by Troops2990; 03-22-2011, 09:19 PM. Reason: Correction

Cell phone companies have been doing this for years.
    This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Originally posted by Troops2990 View Post

This is getting to be way too much to swallow. How can one get into that league of freebies? And where are our elected ones, that allow it. Read on,

The Obama Phone -

NO JOKE
      This is unbelievable !!

Just when you think you've heard it all, our illustrious Congress quietly comes up with a new zinger to put their hands in your pockets, and pick them while you aren't watching. Isn't this just wonderful ?

I was standing in line at the checkout counter at Wal Mart and as I looked at the line behind me, I saw a couple of people talking about what looked like identical new cell phones, bragging about the fact that their phones were free and so was the airtime.

The woman in line behind me had heard the same exchange and turned to the young man behind her and asked, 'Is that a new type of cell phone?' The young man replied, 'Yes, this is my new Obama phone. She asked him what an Obama phone was, and he went on to say that, 'Welfare recipients are now eligible to receive what he described as (1) a FREE new cell phone, and (2) approximately 70 FREE minutes of air time every month.'

Needless to say, I was a little skeptical about his answer, so when I got back home, I Googled it, and lo and behold, he was telling the truth. This was what I discovered:

SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program that provides a free cell phone and airtime each month for income-eligible customers. In other words, your tax dollars are being distributed to a wireless phone provider to provide welfare recipients with free cell phones and airtime. I don't know about you, but as for me, enough is enough. We are $14 Trillion in debt, Congress is balking at continuing unemployment payments to those who want to work, and Congress is increasing the dole-out to dead beats.

You can click on the link below to confirm for yourself that the Obama Phone is real.

They call it the Obama phone, and yet this whole article is about Congress.
      "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

Comment

If you think that is something answer a few calls were some body stole their "Obama phone," ate their cookie they "purchased" with their "food stamp card." Yes that damm food stamp cookie their sibling "stole and ate" from their book bag was worthy of a call for police services. I wanted to tell the SOB I'll buy him another damm cookie next month when I put some more money on his food stamp card. Oh and you're not a as good of a son or daughter if you don't "buy" your mother as much food with "your food stamp card" as they do. Dammit they worked hard for those benefits!
        ...And if that Obama phone didn't arrive when the "mail lady" said it did then, "some one stole my phone out the mail box!" Yet the rest of his mail was in the box and nobody seen anybody go into his mail box. I called the phone company and learned they never sent the phone. That SOB was to lazy to do it himself. It was either that, do a report on it and follow up on it. Or! Do nothing, get a complaint filed, answer a bunch of questions and then do a report.

Comment

Originally posted by Troops2990 View Post

The Obama Phone -

NO JOKE
          This is unbelievable !!

Meh, http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/cellphone.asp
          The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
          After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

I suspected that but calling it the "Obama phone" sounded cool.

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
              I suspected that but calling it the "Obama phone" sounded cool.

"Never let a serious crisis go to waste. What I mean by that is it's an opportunity to do things you couldn't do before."

Or in this case, never let a chance to blame obama go to waste. You can never waste an opportunity to do that. It's a good tactic to throw as much crap at him as possible. Some sticks as we saw happen to a previous President.
              "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

As to the whole phone thing, the feds do pay for a portion of that. But a lot of it is directly funded by the states. Just another taxpayer funded entitlement program.
                "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

That e-mail has been circulating for years. I think this program started under Bush.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/cellphone.asp
                  Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Here in Michigan you get:

1) rent
                    2) utilities
                    3) govt phone
                    4) bridge card (food stamps)
                    5) free garbage p/u (rural areas)
                    6) free daycare
                    7) free internet
                    8) driveway plowed for free in winter
                    9) dept of human services will pay for your car insurance
                    10) free health care
                    "Lay there and bleed awhile before you feel some real pain."

"Have a cup of coffee, a pall mall, and relax!"

Comment

Nothing worse than being at the grocery store. I'm living on franks & beans and a family of four adults all living under the same roof are buying T-Bone steaks etc. A lot are getting $600 mth on bridge card. (oh and they work like a debit card. we had a guy use his to post bond to get out of jail). In the meantime I'm being reminded daily by the news how as a public employee I'm raping the system and driving it into bankruptcy.
                      "Lay there and bleed awhile before you feel some real pain."

"Have a cup of coffee, a pall mall, and relax!"

Comment

I have no doubt that our welfare programs are too generous and give money to many people who do not deserve it.
                        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Just as long as they don't have crappy rap ringtones.
                          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge048 View Post
                            Here in Michigan you get:

1) rent
                            2) utilities
                            3) govt phone
                            4) bridge card (food stamps)
                            5) free garbage p/u (rural areas)
                            6) free daycare
                            7) free internet
                            8) driveway plowed for free in winter
                            9) dept of human services will pay for your car insurance
                            10) free health care
                            Seems like a good incentive to move to MI, quit working, and pop out a kid or two..

Comment

Having a cell phone is a right guaranteed by the natural laws of welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6244 users online. 347 members and 5897 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X