300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
    Yes I believe it and it's about time you realized it.
    It's OK! It's takes some special people longer to get it.
    so are you going to continue living in denial, or see for yourself ?

I think I know which....

Comment

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
      Actually, if you goggle "arrests at Tea Party gatherings", there are some. The ones arrested are Progressives acting up.

Also, there have been no arrests of Tea party folks who are cited for voter fraud which seems to be an ongoing problem for Progressives. But that's the big different between those two classes of people. One is criminal.
      Here's a good one.
      protesters arrested
      Then the crowd heckles the police - you must like that
      http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...kle-police.php

Comment

Originally posted by dlo View Post
        Here's a good one.
        protesters arrested
        Then the crowd heckles the police - you must like that
        http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...kle-police.php

Nice try. But you should do a bit of research before you take a reporter's comment as truth. The incident you point to is a Pro-life group doing the office thing. There were Tea Party folks outside so I can see why both you and the reporter were confused in your and his haste to paint the Tea Party in a bad light, but the group arrested were members of Operation Rescue.

What else do you have?
        "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

you now say... "there have been no arrests of Tea party folks who are cited for voter fraud"
          that's quite a bit more restrictive than your first "Meanwhile, no Tea Party gathering has engaged in any criminal behavior "

nice back-peddle
          I didn't change the original statement. I added another statement to it- hence the operative word, "Also...." in the second one.

Prove either one wrong and bone up on reader comprehension.
          "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

so are you going to continue living in denial, or see for yourself ?

I think I know which....
            Actually I live in GA.

Comment

Nice try. But you should do a bit of research before you take a reporter's comment as truth. The incident you point to is a Pro-life group doing the office thing. There were Tea Party folks outside so I can see why both you and the reporter were confused in your and his haste to paint the Tea Party in a bad light, but the group arrested were members of Operation Rescue.

What else do you have?
              Where does it say they are Operation Rescue?

And all the people looking on, heckling the police (in the videos).
              Let me guess... you are going to claim they are some other group also

Comment

Friday update: Evan is running down the story of these arrests, Randall Terry's group was involved. Also, the man who was on the curb appears to be Norman Weslin, and we dug up some video showing him using similar tactics as he was arrested at a Notre Dame protest when President Obama spoke during graduation.

Here is the "heckling of officers"

To show support for them, members of the crowd started ripping up their pages from the bill, which rally organizers had handed out for the purpose of reading them to members of Congress.

"Here's a piece of paper, I'm tearing it," one woman shouted as another joined in: "I tore a piece too!"
                That woman later told the officers, "I know you guys are just doing your job but don't you hate your job?"
                "I'm embarrassed," another woman told her friends.

"Read your history books," another woman shouted at the officers.

"Thugs from Chicago," a man shouted at police.

"Arrest Nancy Pelosi for treason. You're arresting the wrong people," another shouted. "Arrest some real terrorists!"

It says a lot about a person that won’t fill in their profile.
                Last edited by OneAdam12; 03-24-2011, 09:40 AM.
                Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

The "article" doesn't say it. And that is the problem. I thought you were a student. Don't they teach you how to actually conduct research any more. I will admit I've jumped a few times here and I think you even caught me one on a misrepresentation based on a printed article in a thread or two. Guess what.... you just did the same thing. It sucks having to verify the facts in an article, doesn't it? Guess we are both fallible.

My point is that you should do some independent research when you read something like that. I admit I fail sometimes. Can you?

For instance, I searched for the folks arrested.... found out who they were.... searched a bit more.... found out who they were affiliated with... found out they were not Tea Party folks, they are part of a pro-life group. A very active and outspoken pro-life group.
                  Last edited by FNA209; 03-24-2011, 09:59 AM.

Comment

The "article" doesn't say it. And that is the problem. I thought you were a student. Don't they teach you how to actually conduct research any more. I will admit I've jumped a few times here and I think you even caught me one on a misrepresentation based on a printed article. Guess what.... you just did the same thing. It sucks having to verify the facts in an article, doesn't it? Guess we are both fallible.

My point is that you should do some independent research when you read something like that. I admit I fail sometimes. Can you?

For instance, I searched for the folks arrested.... found out who they were.... searched a bit more.... found out who they were affiliated with... found out they were not Tea Party folks, they are part of a pro-life group. A very active and outspoken pro-life group.
                    Actually, this was at the bottom of the article dlo linked to.

Friday update: Evan is running down the story of these arrests, Randall Terry's group was involved. Also, the man who was on the curb appears to be Norman Weslin, and we dug up some video showing him using similar tactics as he was arrested at a Notre Dame protest when President Obama spoke during graduation.

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post

Actually, this was at the bottom of the article dlo linked to.
                      Yep... it was. I don't blame him for missing it. Sometimes, regardless of our best endeavors to post a valid fact, we miss something from time-to-time. Hey.. it's the internet.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Agreed.

I was avoiding that part of your post. And I don't know that it needs to be addressed. People have all kinds of reasons why they keep certain info off the web. We can attribute it to all kinds of reasons given enough time to think about it.

The fact you noticed it is a good thing. It should give you an insight as to the substance of the person's post. Only you can infer what you will and judge according.

Comment

Agreed.

Oh yeah? Enlighten us.
                            What are all the things that is "says" ?

you have credentials in psychiatry or behavioral forensics, or are we just going on your opinion ?

Comment

The "article" doesn't say it. And that is the problem. I thought you were a student. Don't they teach you how to actually conduct research any more. I will admit I've jumped a few times here and I think you even caught me one on a misrepresentation based on a printed article in a thread or two. Guess what.... you just did the same thing. It sucks having to verify the facts in an article, doesn't it? Guess we are both fallible.

I see. So your argument is that Terry is not part of the Tea Party ?

Who, by the way, is the official designator of who does/does not belong to the Tea Party? You ?

Comment

Here is the "heckling of officers"

To show support for them, members of the crowd started ripping up their pages from the bill, which rally organizers had handed out for the purpose of reading them to members of Congress.

"Here's a piece of paper, I'm tearing it," one woman shouted as another joined in: "I tore a piece too!"
                                That woman later told the officers, "I know you guys are just doing your job but don't you hate your job?"
                                "I'm embarrassed," another woman told her friends.

"Read your history books," another woman shouted at the officers.

"Thugs from Chicago," a man shouted at police.

"Arrest Nancy Pelosi for treason. You're arresting the wrong people," another shouted. "Arrest some real terrorists!"

What is your argument?
                                That this is not heckling ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5737 users online. 337 members and 5400 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X