300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Maher: Governing with GOP like "rooming with a meth addict"

While Bill Maher didn't say anything as provocative on Real Time this week as, say, calling the Qur'an a "hate-filled holy book," it wouldn't be Bill Maher if he weren't antagonizing someone, and tonight he needled one of his favorite targets, the Republican Party.

Maher's main beef with the right wing tonight: a perceived lack of focus on real issues. He rattled off a list of what he called the "useless distractions that make up the Republican Party agenda" - they included public unions, Sharia law, anchor babies, the "Ground Zero mosque," NPR, and the "war on Christmas," among others. So bad is this problem, Maher said, that trying to govern with Republicans "is like rooming with a meth addict" who, instead of rent, is worrying that police bugged the air conditioner.

Maher ridiculed Oklahoma for voting to ban Sharia when the Muslim population there is "rapidly approaching zero." He ridiculed the ACORN crackdown: "Republicans are obsessed with people cooking up wild, nonexistent schemes to vote, ignoring one important truth: this is America. No one wants to vote." And he ridiculed the New Black Panthers furor thusly: "Every black person scares you." (What would a Bill Maher riff on Republicans be without a joke about them all being racist, after all?).........

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo...ct.php?ref=fpb
    BTW. Thanks go out to SRT for turning me onto the TPM website.
    good stuff.
    I can see why he likes it

Originally posted by dlo View Post
    BTW. Thanks go out to SRT for turning me onto the TPM website.
    good stuff.
    I can see why he likes it
    I see, Bill Maher. It is completely congruent with the viewpoints in your posts. The cheap joke is good enough for some people....
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    ~Mark Twain

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."
    — Horace Mann

Comment

We have now reached the end of the internet. The premier idiot of our time, Bill Mair, has now been referenced on O.Com.

Gee. Thanks, dlo.

Figures it would be you.
      The All New
      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

I'm glad to see you're finally openly admitting that you get all your information spoon-fed to you by TPM.

I love that you've "graduated" from The Daily Show to Bill Maher. You're certainly showing us.

BTW, how's "work" going for you? Broke any big cases lately?
        Originally posted by kontemplerande
        Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

guh. I can't listen to Maher for more than a minute before I need to change the channel. I'm a Democrat but he's just as divisive and ugly as the worst of 'em. That, paired with his smug "holier-than-thou" style does not bode well for anything other than pointless conflict. He's like a skinny liberal version of Rush Limbaugh.

The world would be better off without either of 'em if ya ask me.
          -2Adam29... 10-8. Code-7

Comment

I'm glad to see you're finally openly admitting that you get all your information spoon-fed to you by TPM.
            wow. I cite that website for the very first time, and you claim I get "all my information spoon-fed from there"
            You are demonstrating your typical grasp of facts.

I love that you've "graduated" from The Daily Show to Bill Maher. You're certainly showing us.
            You end up "showing yourself" just fine. But I don't mind adding a thing or two now and then

BTW, how's "work" going for you? Broke any big cases lately?
            actually, yes. Thanks for asking
            You sit around and smugly voice your moronic partisan opinions lately ?

Comment

wow. I cite that website for the very first time, and you claim I get "all my information spoon-fed from there"
              You are demonstrating your typical grasp of facts.
              You've been citing them for years. You're just now giving them credit.

actually, yes. Thanks for asking
              I didn't mean a case of pop while sitting in your mom's basement. You are no more a cop than I'm a world-class ballerina.

You sit around and smugly voice your moronic partisan opinions lately ?
              To paraphrase one of my hereos: I know I'm a partisan, I openly admit it. What annoys the hell of me is that you won't.

Comment

IMO Bill Maher is to the left, as Glenn Beck is to the right.

Both are idiots. Both need to go away.
                This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

I didn't even think Maher was still around.

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
                  At least Jon Stewart is funny.
                  I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

You are no more a cop than I'm a world-class ballerina.
                    Hey don't be hard on yourself, You are at least an outstanding amateur right?

M-11
                    “All men dream...... But not equally..
                    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by -Erik- View Post

When Maher first came on the scene he wasn't bad. His show was usually balanced. He would have at least one good conservative on his panel and the smarmy comments were kept to a minimum.
                      A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

I watch Bill Maher from time to time. Actually, that's not accurate. When I'm on the net, I will catch one of his videos once in a while. He's funny sometimes. I don't agree with what a lot of comedians say, but even some I disagree with have their funny moments.
                        "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                          Hey don't be hard on yourself, You are at least an outstanding amateur right?

M-11
                          Not to brag, but you should see me in tights and tutu.

Comment

No. Only one is an idiot. His initials are Bill Maher.

The other is a reverent and peaceful disciple of the American way under God who has been fervently maligned by hateful athiests and liars.
                            Originally posted by -Erik- View Post

The All New
                            BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                            Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                            - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                              No. Only one is an idiot. His initials are Bill Maher.

The other is a reverent and peaceful disciple of the American way under God who has been fervently maligned by hateful athiests and liars.
                              Well that explains everything lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5775 users online. 322 members and 5453 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X