Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Liberals, Here is your chance

Originally posted by dlo
    In the end, conservatives don't give a damn if someone else suffers from their meddling
    the irony of course, is that they think they are doing everyone a big favor.
    After seeing this in another thread, I want to know...

How do you propose to correct the deficit, control spending, cure all ills the congress and former presidents have created.

We do have common goals. Both you and I want an America we can be proud of. A strong America. A truthful upright America. These views we have of our country are somewhat altruistic because we know there will always be discontent among the people. I consider myself a good American because I believe in old fashioned conservative God fearing values that have stood the test of time. I believe in the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and Articles of Confederation.

Instead of the conservative bashing and incessant semantic arguing, I want to actually have you articulate to us exactly how you would go about fixing the mess we are in. Tax the rich more? OK, state it and why. Cut the defense budget? Why? The housing bubble? Illegal aliens? Terrorists?

I am all ears.
    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

How about ending the wars overseas and clsoing some bases down?

Also WTF is a "liberal"??? Is that a person who doesn't agree with Sarah Palin?
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
      After seeing this in another thread, I want to know...

How do you propose to correct the deficit, control spending, cure all ills the congress and former presidents have created.

We do have common goals. Both you and I want an America we can be proud of. A strong America. A truthful upright America. These views we have of our country are somewhat altruistic because we know there will always be discontent among the people. I consider myself a good American because I believe in old fashioned conservative God fearing values that have stood the test of time. I believe in the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and Articles of Confederation.

Instead of the conservative bashing and incessant semantic arguing, I want to actually have you articulate to us exactly how you would go about fixing the mess we are in. Tax the rich more? OK, state it and why. Cut the defense budget? Why? The housing bubble? Illegal aliens? Terrorists?

I am all ears.

I not a micro cephalic, so, I am not a liberal. But, if any,they will give NPR talking points and a un-american attitude towards just about anything. Any Pan-Leninist viewpoint is what they foment about. It is sad, as someone who has attended two reputable Universities and seen the human filth produced repetitiously .
      Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
      ~Mark Twain

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
      ~Thomas Jefferson

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."
      — Horace Mann

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy View Post

Also WTF is a "liberal"??? Is that a person who doesn't agree with Sarah Palin?
        Clsoing bases, is not the topic at all. Either is Sarah Palin, at least, have enough sense to ad hear to the argument in front of you. I am an Independent. So, the little Sarah Palin jive won't save you. I agree, she is unelectable, however, deal with the topic.
        ~Mark Twain

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
        ~Thomas Jefferson

— Horace Mann

Comment

Originally posted by jason860 View Post
          Clsoing bases, is not the topic at all. Either is Sarah Palin, at least, have enough sense to ad hear to the argument in front of you. I am an Independent. So, the little Sarah Palin jive won't save you. I agree, she is unelectable, however, deal with the topic.
          Question at the end of the OP:
          I want to actually have you articulate to us exactly how you would go about fixing the mess we are in. Tax the rich more? OK, state it and why. Cut the defense budget? Why? The housing bubble? Illegal aliens? Terrorists?
          I gave an answer. By closing bases and ending wars would save us MONEY. But because its not an answer YOU want to hear or YOU agree with its not a valid answer.

Yes I asked a question on what deems a person a liberal? Instead of you answering said question you deem it invalid again because YOU don't think its a valid question to ask. We are quick to label a person on this site. Just based on your post above would label you a Repub. I too am an Independent and borderline on a Libertarian but however on here I am labeled a "liberal"
          Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Then what...? Spend billions upon billions of dollars to add more transports and tankers because we have no forward deployment places the next time we have to take military action against someone...?

We've been consolidating bases in Europe, Japan, and Korea for years.... Large multi-use bases....and closing the smaller ones up.... Best you are going to get....even under this dip****....

And if you say we should stay out of stuff.... last time that happened, WW1 and WW2 occured before we had to jump in......

Comment

OK. End the wars and close bases. How?
              Admit defeat as in Viet Nam? Pull every one out and do what? C'mon Einstein.

I'm gonna keep this post on track. By the way, I didn't label you a liberal, you did.
              Last edited by OneAdam12; 03-18-2011, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Question at the end of the OP:

I gave an answer. By closing bases and ending wars would save us MONEY. But because its not an answer YOU want to hear or YOU agree with its not a valid answer.

Yes I asked a question on what deems a person a liberal? Instead of you answering said question you deem it invalid again because YOU don't think its a valid question to ask. We are quick to label a person on this site. Just based on your post above would label you a Repub. I too am an Independent and borderline on a Libertarian but however on here I am labeled a "liberal"
                Do you have any grasp of history? You think by closing down military bases it is a money saver? Well, think long and hard about your proposal. By your post alone, I can tell you are anti-war or at least anti afgani war.I have a brother, the age of 20, ready to be deployed. I do not agree with the way our incompetent government conducted the war. However, you think that countries just leave each other alone and by not building bases you assure peace. You are absolutely wrong. I do not have to enough time to give you a full history of the US diplomatic standings, however, to blame the military ( who watch over your *** why you sleep safely) , is dumber than your posting name. The world is a big place and human nature creates conflict. If you do not like the military or our country move to Libya.
                Last edited by jason860; 03-18-2011, 01:28 AM.
                ~Mark Twain

~Thomas Jefferson

— Horace Mann

Comment

Do you have any grasp of history? You think by closing down military bases it is a money saver? Well, think long and hard about your proposal. By your post alone, I can tell you are anti-war or at least anti afgani war.I have a brother, the age of 20 ready to be deployed. I do not agree with the way are incompetent government conducted the war. However, you think that countries just leave each other alone and by not building bases you assure peace. You are absolutely wrong. I do not have to enough time to give you a full history of the US diplomatic standings, however, to blame the military ( who watch over your *** why you sleep safely) , is dumber than your posting name. The world is a big place and human nature creates conflict. If you do not like the military or our country move to Libya.
                  Wow. Troll much?
                  ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

Originally posted by SkepticAlways View Post
                    Wow. Troll much?
                    I am amazed, troll is a word you can type. Get back to me when you can go any further than that. Hooked on phonics works for you, I can see. Congrats. If you reply with an arbitrary comment, you deserve to wipe off your feet, before it touches the carpet. Sir.

Address anything that is typed or do not reply. It is simple. And before you pull your badge, understand it is political debate not a LEO one. Oneadam12 is correct. I am just telliing the truth. You do not approve, I sleep happily.
                    Last edited by jason860; 03-18-2011, 01:47 AM.
                    ~Mark Twain

~Thomas Jefferson

— Horace Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jason860

I have a brother, the age of 20, ready to be deployed.

Thank him for his service from me.
                      Last edited by OneAdam12; 03-18-2011, 01:51 AM.

Comment

I don't have all the answers. My background is not in ecomomics or fiscal policy. This chart identifies where the money is being spent. I'd also like to see a chart identifying where the money is coming from (i.e. corporate tax, personal income tax, etc).

***On Edit***

One problem I think everyone should recognize is the Federal government spending money it doesn't have. Why does deficit spending happen, how is it justified? I borrowed money to buy my home, why can't the Federal government borrow money to buy a [fill in the blank]?

Again, my background isn't in fiscal policy. Sometimes these issues sound simple until you start peeling back the layers. And on that note, where among those layers is the belivef that cutting spending to Planned Parenthood, NPR and NEA will make a difference one way or another? I'm not beyond being convinced, just show me a reasoned argument.
                        Last edited by SkepticAlways; 03-18-2011, 02:02 AM. Reason: Added source charg

Comment

I am amazed, troll is a word you can type. Get back to me when you can go any further than that. Hooked on phonics works for you, I can see. Congrats. If you reply with an arbitrary comment, you deserve to wipe off your feet, before it touches the carpet. Sir.

Address anything that is typed or do not reply. It is simple. And before you pull your badge, understand it is political debate not a LEO one. Oneadam12 is correct. I am just telliing the truth. You do not approve, I sleep happily.
                          Trolling, trolling, trolling, keep them doggies trolling...

Comment

Unfathomably, this dolt knows one word. I give my opinion, it is trolling. Move to China, you will fit in. Last post.
                            ~Mark Twain

~Thomas Jefferson

— Horace Mann

Comment

Unfathomably, this dolt knows one word. I give my opinion, it is trolling. Move to China, you will fit in. Last post.
                              Never mind....
                              Last edited by Bearcat357; 03-18-2011, 02:23 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4952 users online. 299 members and 4653 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X