300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
    Donald Trump winning the GOP nomination would be enough for me to break-up with the GOP for good.....
    I can respect you for that opinion, at least

I do hope he runs in the primary, though. Would be very interesting to watch

Comment

Donald Trump winning the GOP nomination would be enough for me to break-up with the GOP for good.....
      There is a laundry list of candidates on the GOP side that are utter and complete failures from the word "Go".

Frankly, I'm surprised you still consider the GOP to be a viable party to begin with. I severed that connection about four years ago. The GOP is no better than the Democratic Party. Both are somewhat interrelated and they play the game together. We need to sever ties from both and cut the established norms off at the knees.

OMG- I've turned into an Anarchist... or maybe a Libertarian.... or something even worse!

I tend to believe it's the latter. I've turned into the "worse". I've become a very unhappy citizen who can see we don't have a real say anymore. We elect folks who vote for what they think will benefit them. They don't try to fix any problems. They vote to keep power.

That's why I gravitate to the Tea Party. Not a member yet because I don't trust them to keep their values either, but I see at least a glimmer of hope (different from obama hope ) in the movement. They have a ways to go to prove themselves, but they are such a diverse crowd of people with many different views in many ways, they have a good chance of being a solution.
      "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
        There is a laundry list of candidates on the GOP side that are utter and complete failures from the word "Go".

Frankly, I'm surprised you still consider the GOP to be a viable party to begin with. I severed that connection about four years ago. The GOP is no better than the Democratic Party. Both are somewhat interrelated and they play the game together. We need to sever ties from both and cut the established norms off at the knees.

OMG- I've turned into an Anarchist... or maybe a Libertarian.... or something even worse!

I tend to believe it's the latter. I've turned into the "worse". I've become a very unhappy citizen who can see we don't have a real say anymore. We elect folks who vote for what they think will benefit them. They don't try to fix any problems. They vote to keep power.

That's why I gravitate to the Tea Party. Not a member yet because I don't trust them to keep their values either, but I see at least a glimmer of hope (different from obama hope ) in the movement. They have a ways to go to prove themselves, but they are such a diverse crowd of people with many different views in many ways, they have a good chance of being a solution.
        Its the Tea Party that actually gives me some hope for the GOP. I still think the best hope for this country is to bring the GOP back to the conservative side of the fence. This upcoming election cycle will be a major indication of the direction of the party. If a solid conservative candidate can't get any traction in the GOP primaries, it will be time to cut them loose and consider the idea of creating a third party.

I'm pretty much convinced that there is nothing that can be done to fix the mess this nation is in because it seems that almost nobody is willing to do what it's going to take. Everyone is so concerned with their personal "pet" project that no substantive cuts can occur. With both parties pandering to every little sub-group in their base, there won't be a substantive cut in anything. I'm getting ready for the collapse the of the federal government.
        Originally posted by kontemplerande
        Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Its the Tea Party that actually gives me some hope for the GOP.
          Okay. I see your point. But I have to disagree. The GOP is too entrenched in the system. I'd rather see they (and the other party) tossed into the recycle bin. We have gotten nothing good out of either.

It's time to decentralize the power. We need people who are listening to the voters. We don't have that. I would be willing to wager a decent sum of money that some of the Tea Party folks we sent to DC will be swayed by the same power that infects the other elected people from the two parties. They'll turn and not vote for the hard choice.

I used to be an optimist.... I'm not anymore.
          "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by dlo View Post
            Well.
            Trump has come out swinger the birther nonsense.
            I guess he's kind of serious about a run - gotta start appealing to the tin-foil hatters
            Wow...You just keep striking out on this thread.

Hardly 'swinging', Trump was very mild on the subject. He just wonders why Obama refuses to release any information about himself. I think his birth and school records will show that he has some lies he doesn't want exposed. Probably something about getting college money by registering as a foreign student or maybe he has grades lower than Bush or Kerry.
            The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

I don't know if the title above the article is yours, but what is wrong with being 'xenophobic'.

What...every race, tribe, culture, nation and group in the world can be 'xenophobic', but Europeans and white Americans cannot. Our country has gone from a melting pot to a chamber pot and nobody can say anything about it.

Huckaphoney is an amnesty guy, far from being xenophobic.
              The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Originally posted by FNA209 View Post
                Okay. I see your point. But I have to disagree. The GOP is too entrenched in the system. I'd rather see they (and the other party) tossed into the recycle bin. We have gotten nothing good out of either.

It's time to decentralize the power. We need people who are listening to the voters. We don't have that. I would be willing to wager a decent sum of money that some of the Tea Party folks we sent to DC will be swayed by the same power that infects the other elected people from the two parties. They'll turn and not vote for the hard choice.

I used to be an optimist.... I'm not anymore.

You can blame the system all you want, but the problem with the GOP is the primary voters who tend to be real knee jerky and seem to always pick the wrong candidate.

Remember all the buzz about Arnold Schwarzenegger, some were ready to change the constitution for him without knowing anything about the moron. I like the NJ governor, but he's not a conservative on many issues and without knowing anything else about the guy, some are talking him up. Then there's Jeb...can you imagine having to vote for another luke warm Bush for President?

Comment

Originally posted by tony.o View Post
                  Wow...You just keep striking out on this thread.

Hardly 'swinging', Trump was very mild on the subject. He just wonders why Obama refuses to release any information about himself. I think his birth and school records will show that he has some lies he doesn't want exposed. Probably something about getting college money by registering as a foreign student or maybe he has grades lower than Bush or Kerry.
                  Tony-O,

You really should o a little investigating before you make comments that are utterly false. I don't like Obama, I think he is doing a horrible job, but he has produced a birth certificate, and he didn't collect money as a foreign student. These claims are nothing more than email hoaxes tat have been debunked. Obama has released just as much info about himself as any other President or presidential candidate.
                  Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
                    Tony-O,

You really should o a little investigating before you make comments that are utterly false. I don't like Obama, I think he is doing a horrible job, but he has produced a birth certificate, and he didn't collect money as a foreign student. These claims are nothing more than email hoaxes tat have been debunked. Obama has released just as much info about himself as any other President or presidential candidate.
                    In this information age, it is not possible to keep many, if any, secrets out there.
                    "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

Comment

Tony-O,

He refuses to release the long form which has real information on it, that 'certificate of live birth' has less information than a receipt for groceries at Walmart.

He hasn't released any school records either.

Nor has Trump come out swinging and we know little about Obama because the lamestream media wants to shield him from all the BS that he was involved in all his life.

Is the above UTTERLY false? Really?
                      Last edited by tony.o; 03-27-2011, 03:16 AM.

Comment

He refuses to release the long form which has real information on it, that 'certificate of live birth' has less information than a receipt for groceries at Walmart.

He hasn't released any school records either.

Nor has Trump come out swinging and we know little about Obama because the lamestream media wants to shield him from all the BS that he was involved in all his life.

Is the above UTTERLY false? Really?
                        The director of Hawaii’s Department of Health confirmed Oct. 31 that Obama was born in Honolulu.

Nov. 1: The Associated Press quoted Chiyome Fukino as saying that both she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

The long form is drawn up by the hospital and includes additional information such as birth weight and parents' hometowns. The short form is printed by the state and draws from a database with fewer details. The Hawaii Department of Health's birth record request form does not give the option to request a photocopy of your long-form birth certificate, but their short form has enough information to be acceptable to the State Department.
                        Retired

Comment

The director of Hawaii’s Department of Health confirmed Oct. 31 that Obama was born in Honolulu.

You f'n kidding me. Come on mane.

Were talking about THE President of these 'United States'. I'm not taking the word of some liberal director of some health department....Mane!

Did she also confirm that Obama is closing Gitmo in a year, has the most transparent administration in history, will focus on the economy like a lazer beam and will not renew the evil Patriot Act.

This is the question that Trump meekly asked....Why? Why not just release the information. The communist organizing POS has something to hide. He always has something to hide.

You may not like Obama, but you must have some liberal friends your trying to impress with your open mind. You don't have to be a useful idiot for those people.

Comment

Were talking about THE President of these 'United States'. I'm not taking the word of some liberal director of some health department....Mane!

Did she also confirm that Obama is closing Gitmo in a year, has the most transparent administration in history, will focus on the economy like a lazer beam and will not renew the evil Patriot Act.

This is the question that Trump meekly asked....Why? Why not just release the information. The communist organizing POS has something to hide. He always has something to hide.

You may not like Obama, but you must have some liberal friends your trying to impress with your open mind. You don't have to be a useful idiot for those people.
                            Here and Here.

Honestly this was resolved a very long time ago. Why are people still clinging to it?
                            Last edited by -Erik-; 03-27-2011, 10:23 PM.
                            This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

You have to be kidding that you are actually a LEO, and an adult.
                              Retired

Comment

You have to be kidding that you are actually a LEO, and an adult.
                                Yeah...I figured something like that is all you got.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4728 users online. 305 members and 4423 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X