300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walker is 2012

He's an animal and I want his attitude in higher places. Get some, Gov! Good job!
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Rick Scott, governor of Florida, is doing a lot of the same things Walker is doing, and I think it's great...Not b/c I agree with them, but b/c we'll see how these tea-party--Conservative policies work...If things go well and the states' economy improves then the tea party--Conservative movement would hit the jackpot and have a lot of new supporters...But if things go bad or get worse the tea party--Conservatives movement will lose ground and lose some crediblity...

We shall see...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
      Rick Scott, governor of Florida, is doing a lot of the same things Walker is doing, and I think it's great...Not b/c I agree with them, but b/c we'll see how these tea-party--Conservative policies work...If things go well and the states' economy improves then the tea party--Conservative movement would hit the jackpot and have a lot of new supporters...But if things go bad or get worse the tea party--Conservatives movement will lose ground and lose some crediblity...

We shall see...
      That is almost exactly what I said at our "emergency" union meeting the other night. Everyone kept saying that we only have to survive three more years and then everything will be reversed in the next election cycle. To which I replied, "But what if all this works?" Pretty much left everyone dumbstruck....
      Originally posted by kontemplerande
      Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
        That is almost exactly what I said at our "emergency" union meeting the other night. Everyone kept saying that we only have to survive three more years and then everything will be reversed in the next election cycle. To which I replied, "But what if all this works?" Pretty much left everyone dumbstruck....
        Yep, that's the cool thing about being moderate, you don't care who gets the job done, as long the person(s) gets the right results...I'm not a fan of the tea party (or hater) but if they can get good results then we got something, if not they too will be done for, unions will become stronger, and Democrats will have one big "I TOLD YOU SO!" party...

Once this is all said and done these election in particular are going to make or break political careers...
        sigpic

Comment

If the economy makes a strong recovery over the next 1.5 years then Obama will be re-elected again. Presidents have a very good shot at re-election, especially in a good economy. Believe it or not he is still a popular president with a 51% approval rating (last I heard) with a sluggish economy that will only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
            Yep, that's the cool thing about being moderate, you don't care who gets the job done, as long the person(s) gets the right results...I'm not a fan of the tea party (or hater) but if they can get good results then we got something, if not they too will be done for, unions will become stronger, and Democrats will have one big "I TOLD YOU SO!" party...

Once this is all said and done these election in particular are going to make or break political careers...
            I wish that were the case.
            But the public is so quick to forget how/why things happened

And why experiment with the lives of Wisconsin's teachers?
            Just look at other states which don't have collective bargaining rights for public employees......
            do they have budget crises also... ?
            yup.
            guess can't be the unions' fault there.

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
              He's an animal and I want his attitude in higher places. Get some, Gov! Good job!
              Why is that? Because he wants to scapegoat public employees and put the screws to them? Weren't you once a public employee? Aren't you currently receiving a government pension?

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
                Pretty much the same thing I dealt with when a few years back, I went to a union meeting to question the "approved list" of candidates they wanted us to vote for. I showed them that continuing to vote for the liberals, even though they gave us nice contracts, cost us more on the other side through increased taxes.

No one could see it even though I provided proof. And when, even back then, I pointed out the rising deficit being caused by the very folks they wanted us to vote for, they couldn't see that would ever impact us.

In that regard, the unions have become willing participants in their own demise. They just never saw the end of the gravy train and figured they'd always have the support. I'm not saying we are overpayed; I'm not saying we have benefit packages that are too big. I'm saying we put the people in who are willing to give those to us and also willing to spend non-existent money on a host of other programs that can't be funded. What did the unions expect would happen?

Simple answer is- they didn't think it through. They harnessed themselves to a political movement that rewarded everyone with money they didn't have. Now the tab is due and the unions are going to have to pony up. It's a bad time to be a public employee.
                "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by BigPat View Post
                  Why is that? Because he wants to scapegoat public employees and put the screws to them?
                  Yoiu are, as usual, choosing to be incorrect, misinformed and way too dramatic
                  Weren't you once a public employee?
                  Yes. For 20 years. So what? Did I lose my mathmatical skill as such. Does that mean I can't see the truth for what it is?
                  Aren't you currently receiving a government pension?
                  Yep. And I am very grateful each and every month, to the good citizens of the great state of Wyoming for it. So what? Does receiving a modest pension without health insurance or any other goodies you feds get (that we all have to pay for) mean that I can't add?

Get real and get honest. Walker isn't the bad guy here. He's simply being a responsible steward of my money. The bad guys are the thugs with the signs.
                  The All New
                  BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                  Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                  - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4328 users online. 235 members and 4093 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X