300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for reporting that DAL.
    Barkeep! Set me up with two double standards please, add bitters to mine I want to remember it. DAL, would you kindly join me?
    Last edited by OneAdam12; 03-10-2011, 01:05 PM.
    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
      It happens every day, just in small doses and usually at work. You refuse to see the "big" picture. This is about a person who has control over content of a partially public funded outlet who admitted they were biased against a conservative group.

What you and many like you want is not freedom of speech. You want freedom from the consequences of speech.
      what you conveniently ignore is that Schiller, in that video, explicitly states: I'm speaking for myself, and not NPR

And that he was not responsible for content. He was a fundraiser

Comment

Originally posted by dlo View Post
        are you really that stupid?
        you think her resignation was entirely of her own accord? I'm sure they encouraged her to go

do you have any idea about how the world actually works?
        Keep trolling....it's what you do best...... Because you can't really be as stupid as you post on here.....can you....?

She ran her mouth, got caught, and did the right thing.....she quit! Do you think there is some vast right wing conspiracy that had the rest of the Libs that run that place make her quit....?

Next time I am in DC.....I'm going to look you up...so I can get some of what you are smoking....because it's appears to be very good ****.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
          Keep trolling....it's what you do best...... Because you can't really be as stupid as you post on here.....can you....?

She ran her mouth, got caught, and did the right thing.....she quit! Do you think there is some vast right wing conspiracy that had the rest of the Libs that run that place make her quit....?

Next time I am in DC.....I'm going to look you up...so I can get some of what you are smoking....because it's appears to be very good ****.....
          lol
          yup. Its a fact. you don't have a clue what you are talking about. You just argue for argument's sake.
          She (Vivian Schiller) did not get caught after she "ran her mouth" - as you said
          she wasn't even in that video

get the facts right before you try and criticize others

Also.... she was asked to resign:

"The chairman of NPR's board of directors says the board asked chief executive Vivian Schiller to step down after another executive called the tea party racist."

http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/N...117655658.html

who's stupid ?
          Last edited by dlo; 03-10-2011, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Damn. Just when I was gettin to like her.
            The All New
            BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
            Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
            - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

As long as they leave "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" alone...

Comment

Funny, Wash Post said she resigned..... Hmmmm.......

who's stupid ?
                You are....keep trolling ****bag.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                  Funny, Wash Post said she resigned..... Hmmmm.......

You are....keep trolling ****bag.....
                  yeah.... she was asked to resign

Comment

yeah.... she was asked to resign
                    From the OP:
                    Originally posted by DAL View Post
                    NPR spokeswoman Anna Christopher said she could not confirm reports that Vivian Schiller was forced out.
                    \

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
                      From the OP:
                      she "couldn't confirm" at that time.

Since that time, its become known that the Board asked her to leave.
                      From NPR's website:

Vivian Schiller, NPR's CEO and president since January 2009, left that job today in the wake of the second high-profile controversy to hit the organization in the past six months.

Dave Edwards, chairman of NPR's board, said directors came to the conclusion that the controversies under Schiller's watch had become such a distraction that she could no longer effectively lead the organization. She had told the directors that they should take the action they felt was appropriate, and Edwards said the board decided it would be best for her to depart.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...hiller-resigns

Comment

what you conveniently ignore is that Schiller, in that video, explicitly states: I'm speaking for myself, and not NPR

And that he was not responsible for content. He was a fundraiser
                        Doesn't matter who they claim they are speaking for, it was still said and it is still likely to effect programming. Right...fundraisers have no input on programming, because donors NEVER SUGGEST things!!!!
                        A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
                          Doesn't matter who they claim they are speaking for, it was still said and it is still likely to effect programming. Right...fundraisers have no input on programming, because donors NEVER SUGGEST things!!!!
                          so.
                          an employee of an organization can never have a personal opinion - without implicating the WHOLE organization ?

that makes absolutely no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                            Late Tuesday evening, Ron Schiller issued an apology through NPR.

"While the meeting I participated in turned out to be a ruse, I made statements during the course of the meeting that are counter to NPR's values and also not reflective of my own beliefs," Schiller said in a statement. "I offer my sincere apology to those I offended. I resigned from NPR, previously effective May 6, to accept another job. In an effort to put this unfortunate matter behind us, NPR and I have agreed that my resignation is effective today."
                            I can understand someone foolishly making statements counter to your employers values while representingy your employer but making statements not reflective of your own beliefs. Ron Schiller is a liar. He either lied during the speech to the potential donors pandering to them for money or he lied during the apology either way his actions were reprehensible. If I was a member of the board at NPR I would demand his resignation on the basis of his lies.
                            When Society makes war on its police, it better be prepared to make friends of its criminals.

Comment

so.
                              an employee of an organization can never have a personal opinion - without implicating the WHOLE organization ?

that makes absolutely no sense.
                              Employess of organizations are entitled to their own opinions however when they are acting as a representative of that organization they can be prohibited from expressing that opinion. Oh and by the way you just made the argument the the talking heads at Fox News made after the Juan Williams firing. At the time he made the statement Williams was not representing NPR he was representing Fox News.
                              When Society makes war on its police, it better be prepared to make friends of its criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by PABear31 View Post
                                Employess of organizations are entitled to their own opinions however when they are acting as a representative of that organization they can be prohibited from expressing that opinion. Oh and by the way you just made the argument the the talking heads at Fox News made after the Juan Williams firing. At the time he made the statement Williams was not representing NPR he was representing Fox News.
                                that may be, but Ray8285 suggests that because he has those beliefs or opinions, it implicates NPR as a whole.

its a valid argument. I thought NPR's firing of Williams was dumb - if those comments were the sole cause
                                Although they implied there had been a background of issues with him

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5278 users online. 322 members and 4956 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X