Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secretary of Labor says illegals have the right to be paid as fairly as citizens do

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secretary of Labor says illegals have the right to be paid as fairly as citizens do

Obama's DOL Secretary Hilda L. Solis: You Have the Right to Be Paid Fairly Whether Documented or Not ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3owMA...layer_embedded

They don't even have the right to work in the first place.
    Last edited by Cyber_Saint; 06-21-2010, 06:39 PM.

Someone please stop the insanity!

Comment

Just when I think it can't get any worse ..........
      The All New
      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
        Just when I think it can't get any worse ..........
        Hold that thought..........Last I heard (and I have no reason to believe it has changed) if any of you from another state sends your son or daughter to one of our state universities/colleges, you will pay higher (non-resident) tuition. Illegal aliens get to pay the lower (resident tuiton.)
        Jubilant Patriotic Republican

America gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when they elected him. Obama is now giving America the doubt of the benefit of his governance......Change you can bereave in!..JPR

Comment

I kind of have mixed feelings about this. I don't want to see people fighting for better working conditions/wages for illegal aliens that shouldn't be here in the first place. That being said, I don't think it is right for people to not pay people what they promised to for their work, regardless of whether or not the worker is illegal. The whole reason that companies hire illegal aliens is so that they can pay them substandard wages. If they paid prevailing wages they wouldn't have to hire illegals. I also think that employer sanctions are a key to stopping illegal immigration. I have no problem with seeing the Department of Labor fining businesses that hire illegals. If ICE would fine them too that would be quite the deterrent against hiring illegals. I also think that the hotline is a great idea. Somebody can report that an employer is cheating illegal aliens out of their pay, and they can send inspectors from the Department of Labor... as well as ICE Agents. Fine the employers harshly. Deport the illegal aliens. Make the employers pay the aliens any money that they owe them, in the form of a money order that they can cash when they arrive back to their country of origin. I seriously doubt that the government will do this, but we can only dream...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7519 users online. 379 members and 7140 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
          X