300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you get a pay raise?

If you did, Obama counts that as a job saved and that means his stimulus package was effective.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...DmAgAD9BOSE601

An Associated Press review of the latest stimulus reports — which the White House promised would undergo extensive reviews to ensure accuracy — found that more than two-thirds of 14,506 jobs credited to the recovery act under spending by just one federal office were overstated because they counted pay increases for existing workers as jobs saved.

The inflated job count is at least partly the product of the administration instructing local community agencies that received money to count the raises as jobs saved.

"That's more than ridiculous," said Antonia Ferrier, a spokeswoman for Republican House Minority Leader John Boehner.

Most of the inflated figures were like those cited in the 935 saved jobs reported by the Southwest Georgia Community Action in Moultrie, Ga. The agency, like hundreds of others collecting Head Start money, claimed all its existing employees' jobs were saved because they received a pay raise with the stimulus cash.

Similar claims led to overstating by more than 9,300 the number of jobs saved with more than $323 million in stimulus money distributed by the Health and Human Services' Administration for Children and Families, the AP's review found.

More than 250 other community agencies in the U.S. similarly reported saving jobs when using the money to give pay raises, pay for training and continuing education, extend employee work hours or buy equipment, according to their spending reports.

The Georgia program inflated the numbers even further by claiming the recovery money saved more jobs than the number of people it actually employs. The agency employs 508 people but claimed 935 jobs were saved because of confusion over government reports.

That type of accounting error was found in an earlier AP review of stimulus jobs, which the Obama administration said was misleading because most of the government's job-counting mistakes were being fixed in the new data.

The AP's new review focused only on the money distributed by the Administration for Children and Families and was not an assessment of the money handled by dozens of other federal programs and other job claims made in the new stimulus report.

The administration acknowledged overcounting in the new numbers for the HHS program. Elizabeth Oxhorn, a spokeswoman for the White House recovery office, said the Obama administration was reviewing the Head Start data "to determine how and if it will be counted."

But officials defended the practice of counting raises as saved jobs.

"If I give you a raise, it is going to save a portion of your job," HHS spokesman Luis Rosero said.

So according to this idiot, Rosero, I guess I'm unemployed since my union gave back our pay raise. After all, if a raise saves a portion of a job and they can claim it as a saved job, my giving back a raise loses a portion of my job so they need to claim it as a lost job.
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Raise? What's that?
    I haven't seen one of those since 2006.

"saved Jobs" BS that isn't even recognized by Economist.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Nope, no raise!...Some hour cut, yes...

Haven't been able to find another job, I'm not even making peanut$...
      sigpic

Comment

Look what just came out

Unemployment tops 10 pct for 1st time since '83
        Obama calls data regretful, says he's working hard to restore economy

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33713864...rsonal_finance
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

What happend to his 8% claim, he said unemployment wasn't going to be higher then 8% if the stimulus was passed?...

Seriously!...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
            What happend to his 8% claim, he said unemployment wasn't going to be higher then 8% if the stimulus was passed?...

Seriously!...
            LOL, and yea . . . he's been SO honest with the American people.

On topic, our department did not get raises this year. But next year is an election, so we're hoping for the "Hey, look at me, I'm the current sheriff and I care about my employees" raise.

Comment

Originally posted by CurlyQ View Post
              LOL, and yea . . . he's been SO honest with the American people.

On topic, our department did not get raises this year. But next year is an election, so we're hoping for the "Hey, look at me, I'm the current sheriff and I care about my employees" raise.
              Don't hold your breath....we just had elections and didn't even get a COLA!
              A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

We (District of Columbia Government) got a 4% COLA this year.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

Originally posted by DCPSDcop View Post
                  We (District of Columbia Government) got a 4% COLA this year.
                  Wow! You guys were lucky!

Now that unemployment has reached 10.2%, I expect we'll see the administration reinvent how they count the so-called positive impact of the stimulus package. They'll stop counting raises as jobs saved. Their new line will be:

Obama saved 89.8% of all jobs.
                  "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

If unemployment was determined as it was in the past, it'ld be over 17%

Before, we had John F. Kennedy and then Ronald Wilson Reagan come in and inherit recessions and push for lower taxes to spur growth, an action which proved to increase jobs and opportunity and even tax reciepts as everyone had more.

A rising tide raises all.

Now, we have Obama for 3 more years ... now we are so very screwed.
                    "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3585 users online. 196 members and 3389 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X