X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Scene: 10 Arrested As Tea Partiers Heckle Police

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...ice.php?ref=mp

Strange Scene: 10 Arrested As Tea Partiers Heckle Police

U.S. Capitol Police arrested 10 people this afternoon after the Capitol Hill Tea Party crowd stormed Congressional office buildings.

Sgt. Kimberly Schneider, public information office for the Capitol Police, told TPMDC the arrests happened in the Cannon House building as tea partiers attempted to protest Speaker Nancy Pelosi about health care.

They were charged with unlawful entry (entering a Congressional office and refusing to leave when told to do so) and/or disorderly conduct (yelling in the hallway outside an office) at Room 235 in the Cannon House Office Building.

Room 235 is Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office for district business, not where she conducts her duties as Speaker. That's handled at an office in the Capitol building.

TPMDC happened upon a crowd that formed around two police vans as the protesters were prepared for "transporting," according to one officer there.

Without those official details, protesters in the crowd watching the arrests were furious. They shouted "Let them go!" and one man yelled at the police that "Martin Luther King" was being dishonored and shouted "Letter from Birmingham Jail!"

One woman told officers they were "shameful."

"This is America, this is not the Soviet Union," one woman said.

Like a bad game of telephone, the crowd spread rumors without anyone having witnessed exactly what happened.

Several people said the group had been arrested for praying. Others said the group was arrested for ripping up pages from the nearly 2,000-page health care bill.

To show support for them, members of the crowd started ripping up their pages from the bill, which rally organizers had handed out for the purpose of reading them to members of Congress.

"Here's a piece of paper, I'm tearing it," one woman shouted as another joined in: "I tore a piece too!"

That woman later told the officers, "I know you guys are just doing your job but don't you hate your job?"

"I'm embarrassed," another woman told her friends.

"Read your history books," another woman shouted at the officers.

"Thugs from Chicago," a man shouted at police.

"Arrest Nancy Pelosi for treason. You're arresting the wrong people," another shouted.

One of the men arrested (photo below) appeared to be wearing a priest's collar. He was ill, and officers were holding him up as he sat on the curb. After several minutes, he was led away in an ambulance and the crowd shouted that he was a "hero."

"Shame on you!" the crowd erupted.

"In your heart you know this is wrong," a man yelled at police.

We're uploading video of the strange scene, but it may take awhile, so check back.

Late update: Here is the first video we've uploaded, of the "God Bless America" moment.

Later update: Here you can watch another video as the man, priest collar visible, is led away to an ambulance.

That's when the heckling really kicks up.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

The trouble makers.... idiots.

Comment

I heard last night that Pelosi was planning on using all her power to target the protesters and was planning on having people arrested. She is way out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by luvmylabs View Post
        I heard last night that Pelosi was planning on using all her power to target the protesters and was planning on having people arrested. She is way out of control.
        I hope you aren't serious. This is a simple case of unruly protesters being arrested for violating the law. There is no hidden political agenda at play here. The capitol police were just doing their job, and if the protesters had been liberals, they would have been arrested just the same.
        Last edited by TheKansan; 11-05-2009, 09:56 PM.
        What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

I wouldn't put past the lizard lady, Pelosi to have paid a few people to get themselves arrested in order to show how "crazy and violent the people who oppose her are"!

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            I hope you aren't serious. This is a simple case of unruly protesters being arrested for violating the law. There is no hidden political agenda at play here. The capitol police were just doing their job, and if the protesters had been liberals, they would have been arrested just the same.
            What I heard was that all but two were liberals that came to taunt the good citizens who just came to support their Constitution. A small woman who touched a congressman on the arm and an elderly preist who was simply tearing up one of the 1995 pages from Pelosi's unconstitutional health care power grab.

Wished I could have answered Congresswoman Bachmann's invitation.
            "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

"I heard last night... ", "What I heard was..."

Yeah. What I heard was that I wasn't there, so I don't know what was going through those officers minds at the time. Just like Obama wasn't there when his buddy from Harvard got arrested for DC, so he should have kept his mouth shut, too.

I'm not in the habit of publicly criticizing other cops for actions they took on scenes that I had no part of.

I heard somewhere that that was unprofessional.
              "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer

"Religions do make claims about the universe--the same kinds of claims that scientists make, except they're usually false."

Comment

Originally posted by t150vsuptpr View Post
                What I heard was that all but two were liberals that came to taunt the good citizens who just came to support their Constitution. A small woman who touched a congressman on the arm and an elderly preist who was simply tearing up one of the 1995 pages from Pelosi's unconstitutional health care power grab.

Yep... I heard the same thing this morning, it was people protesting outside Lieberman's office and they were lefties.
                A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

What I heard was that all but two were liberals that came to taunt the good citizens who just came to support their Constitution. .
                  If thats what happened, then you just destroyed the point that Kansan was trying to make.
                  The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose71 View Post
                    "I heard last night... ", "What I heard was..."

Yeah. What I heard was that I wasn't there, so I don't know what was going through those officers minds at the time. Just like Obama wasn't there when his buddy from Harvard got arrested for DC, so he should have kept his mouth shut, too.

I'm not in the habit of publicly criticizing other cops for actions they took on scenes that I had no part of.

I heard somewhere that that was unprofessional.
                    I heard that we put men on the moon, but I wasn't there so who knows. Unless I'm there I don't believe anything.
                    The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Another radical left wing blog being quoted as though its news. Nice.

Oh, and it wasn't a tea party. It was an anti-abortion rally being led by a small group that purposely gets themselves arrested as a form of protest.
                      Originally posted by kontemplerande
                      Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by tony.o View Post
                        I heard that we put men on the moon, but I wasn't there so who knows. Unless I'm there I don't believe anything.

So... as a cop, you're totally comfortable criticizing other cops based on hearsay found on a forum on the internet? Is that about right?
                        "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer

"Religions do make claims about the universe--the same kinds of claims that scientists make, except they're usually false."

Comment

In my opinion, protesting IS supporting the Constitution, wether you're protesting for a conservative or liberal cause. I've been to protests where both sides yell at each other as well as whatever building they're in front of. When we lose the ability to criticize the government, no matter who's in office...thats when we're really in trouble.

Comment

Isn't this why they invented beeswax??
                            The All New
                            BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                            Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                            - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

My point is that I side with my brothers in blue before I side with any group of protesters.
                              What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6282 users online. 324 members and 5958 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X