300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What 2012 (the movie) is really about

When I interviewed director Roland Emmerich a few months ago about his upcoming disaster flick "2012," the first question I asked was, "Why do you like killing the world?" His response: "It makes for a good story."

Over the past fifteen years, Emmerich has crafted some great tales about global doom, featuring some spectacular scenes of destruction. He had aliens zap the White House in "Independence Day," he let a massive lizard flatten New York City in "Godzilla," and he sent killer tornadoes through downtown Los Angeles in "The Day After Tomorrow."

For "2012," Emmerich set his sites on destroying the some biggest landmarks around the world, from Rome to Rio. But there's one place that Emmerich wanted to demolish but didn't: the Kaaba, the cube-shaped structure located in the center of Mecca. It's the focus of prayers and the site of the Hajj, the biggest, most important pilgrimage in Islam.
    http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movi...ich-fatwa.html

Whats your point Emmerich hates the world? Should we boycott the movie? I think what this movie is REALLY about is showing us all that John Cusack's career is in a downward spiral......gotta pay the bills I suppose. If I want to see obviously computer animated sh*t get destroyed I'll turn on an Xbox.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

— John Stuart Mill

Comment

Not a movie I'll likely watch until it's running late at night on the free channels and nothing else is on.
      "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Yeah. This looks AWFUL. I still don't get Taylor's point, though. What do you mean?
        "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer

"Religions do make claims about the universe--the same kinds of claims that scientists make, except they're usually false."

Comment

I remember when these type movies came out, The one where Morgan Freeman was president, and Day After Tomorrow. Those were great Movies, yet the destruction of NY (I know for this movie every where) is kind of played out for me.
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose71 View Post
            I still don't get Taylor's point, though. What do you mean?
            The head guy made sure to destroy the "Christ the Redeemer" statue in Brazil, as well as St. Peter's Basilica and every other famous monument around the world. By his own admission he did not show the destuction of Kaaba because he feared being the target of reprisals by Muslims.
            A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Oh. That he's a puss. Got it. Totally agree.
              "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer

"Religions do make claims about the universe--the same kinds of claims that scientists make, except they're usually false."

Comment

A "Ch88k88 S88t Wuss of a Puss" actually.
                "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

I still say it looks good

...DAMN LIBERALS.. just wanted to make this some form of political thread since its in the Various Topics area but really doesn't resemble it...

Futurelaw
                  Last edited by Futurelaw89; 11-08-2009, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
                    The head guy made sure to destroy the "Christ the Redeemer" statue in Brazil, as well as St. Peter's Basilica and every other famous monument around the world. By his own admission he did not show the destuction of Kaaba because he feared being the target of reprisals by Muslims.
                    why is a tolerant and peace loving religion such as Islam the only one we are not allowed to joke about or to destroy a famous landmark (in a movie! get it? not real.)?

(sarcastic)
                    Last edited by davisac; 11-08-2009, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davisac View Post
                      why is a tolerant and peace loving religion such as Islam the only one we are not allowed to joke about or to destroy a famous landmark (in a movie! get it? not real.)?
                      I got it.
                      Because if he did, he would expect global mass riots, killings and he will more than likely get the obligatory death threats with a possible attempt on his life from muslims. All in the name of a peaceful religion and people.

Comment

WOW...thanks goose that made a great start to my morning...almost had coffee out my nose
                        A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3891 users online. 247 members and 3644 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X