X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by tony.o View Post
    Those weren't campaign promises, they were lies.
    Of course it's different now, he's in charge and doesn't want anything to threaten his power. Has nothing to do with liking the military, it's unique culture or it's real reason for existing.
    Perhaps he wasn't privy to the information being obtained? Far as I know and please correct me.....folks RUNNING for POTUS aren't not given briefings on top secret or current operations around world. I'm sure he didn't agree with things BEFORE but after being brought up to speed his mind may have changed.
    It doesn't matter what the miitary thinks of him, they will follow the orders.

TGY

Leave a comment:

• JasperST
    replied
    Originally posted by yellowreef View Post
    Really? I must have read the wrong articles then, all I read was criticism.
    From a lawyer representing a small group. Where's the media outcry? I haven't even seen it on the mainstream news.

Leave a comment:

• FNA209
    replied
    Originally posted by Rifleguy View Post
    And I'd say that the majority of servicemembers don't think highly of Obama and did not vote for him. Just because they'll follow his orders does not mean they condone him or his policies. Its no different then when Clinton was in office.
    It was no different under Clinton than when Carter was President. I served under both- they were pretty much despised by the rank-and-file. At least among the folks I served with. I imagine the current crop of military folks aren't exactly impressed with the current guy.

Originally posted by DAL View Post
    My remark that "Obama hates his country and the military" was not directed at you. Rather, it is a summary of what seems to be the prevailing view of those who post in this portion of the forum. I think that he mostly believes he is doing the right thing, although much of what he does is for political benefit (not surprisingly).
    Him doing what he thinks is the right thing does not absolve him of the damage he is doing to the country. The best intentions when misguided are still mistakes.

As to the continuation of so-called warrantless wiretaps:

Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
    Warrantless wiretaps work!....if you have nothing to hide then dont worry about it!
    I would +1 you as that was always my thoughts on that part of the Patriot Act. But while I trusted the Bush administration to use them wisely, I don’t trust the current regime to do so. Still, I was more-or-less in favor of the general guidelines of the Patriot Act. I did have reservations of how it could be misused but, at the time, I was willing to take a chance. Today, given the many despicable radical anti-Americans in the current administration, I believe my fears may come to pass.

Leave a comment:

• yellowreef
    replied
    Originally posted by JasperST View Post
    When Obama does it, they admire his deep wisdom and foresight.
    Really? I must have read the wrong articles then, all I read was criticism.

Leave a comment:

• JasperST
    replied
    Originally posted by yellowreef View Post
    Ok, so they made the right decision and the problem is???
    ...that liberals in the media busted Bush's chops over it, again and again. The were hysterical about him shredding the constitution. When Obama does it, they admire his deep wisdom and foresight.

Leave a comment:

• yellowreef
    replied
    Ok, so they made the right decision and the problem is???

Leave a comment:

• rauchman
    replied
    Warrantless wiretaps work!....if you have nothing to hide then dont worry about it!

Sorry, as a civilian I read stuff like this and it really doesn't sit well w/ me. This is Big Brother mentality at it's finest. You know, I find it interesting that my grandfather would tell me before he escaped East Germany that the Stazi used to use the same justification for bringing people in.....If you have nothing to hide, then you'll be free to go after we question you. I have respect for you for the job you do, but that statement from you makes me want to vomit.

Leave a comment:

• Cold Rodear
    Guest replied
    ....if you have nothing to hide then dont worry about it!
    I vote this quote to get 1st place in the "famous last words" hall of fame!

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    It's also a bit of a misnomer....they still have to get a warrant, but only after the fact and if the judge says NO, then the info the got is useless.

Leave a comment:

• LAschoolCop
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vigilis
    replied
    It's too bad that neither party seems interested in reversing the recent trend of the Executive Branch accumulating more and more power to itself. Whatever happened to checks and balances?

Leave a comment:

• tony.o
    replied
    Originally posted by DAL View Post
    It does strike as odd, however, that given that Obama hates his country and the military, he would take the position he has taken.

.)
    Those weren't campaign promises, they were lies.
    Of course it's different now, he's in charge and doesn't want anything to threaten his power. Has nothing to do with liking the military, it's unique culture or it's real reason for existing.

Leave a comment:

• Rifleguy
    replied
    Originally posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
    You have no clue what you are talking about. Go back to flipping burgers, or whatever it is you do in the food service business.
    And I'd say that the majority of servicemembers don't think highly of Obama and did not vote for him. Just because they'll follow his orders does not mean they condone him or his policies. Its no different then when Clinton was in office.

Leave a comment:

• mjhoyt27
    replied
    Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
    but a majority of the military are not loyal to him.
    You have no clue what you are talking about. Go back to flipping burgers, or whatever it is you do in the food service business.

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    Originally posted by JasperST View Post
    And I know know who says he hates the military or country? My beef is that he's clueless, which wouldn't be so bad in and of itself, but that he's doing so much to change things based on his naive Utopian vision. Things that will not be easily undone.
    My remark that "Obama hates his country and the military" was not directed at you. Rather, it is a summary of what seems to be the prevailing view of those who post in this portion of the forum. I think that he mostly believes he is doing the right thing, although much of what he does is for political benefit (not surprisingly).

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3101 users online. 171 members and 2930 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X