Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrantless wiretaps - reality strikes again

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...uKqfQD9BLULIG2
    WASHINGTON — Attorney General Eric Holder says a lawsuit in San Francisco over warrantless wiretapping threatens to expose ongoing intelligence work and must be thrown out.

In making the argument, the Obama administration agreed with the Bush administration's position on the case but insists it came to the decision differently. A civil liberties group criticized the move Friday as a retreat from promises President Barack Obama made as a candidate.

Last edited by JasperST; 11-01-2009, 09:19 AM. Reason: Added cool photo

I am thankful that Obama has not kept many of his promises, and so will not criticize him for doing so. I do not want to encourage him to release information that would harm national security. It does strike as odd, however, that given that Obama hates his country and the military, he would take the position he has taken.

(I also think most of his "promises" lacked specifics and were hedged.)
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
      I am thankful that Obama has not kept many of his promises, and so will not criticize him for doing so. I do not want to encourage him to release information that would harm national security. It does strike as odd, however, that given that Obama hates his country and the military, he would take the position he has taken.

(I also think most of his "promises" lacked specifics and were hedged.)
      I wouldn't criticize him for doing the right thing either, the point here is that the left harped on this endlessly and we find the Obama administration doing the same thing for the same reasons. Of course he lacked specifics, that's why I like to cal him an empty suit, his supporters projected what they wanted.

And I know know who says he hates the military or country? My beef is that he's clueless, which wouldn't be so bad in and of itself, but that he's doing so much to change things based on his naive Utopian vision. Things that will not be easily undone.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
        And I know know who says he hates the military or country? My beef is that he's clueless, which wouldn't be so bad in and of itself, but that he's doing so much to change things based on his naive Utopian vision. Things that will not be easily undone.
        My remark that "Obama hates his country and the military" was not directed at you. Rather, it is a summary of what seems to be the prevailing view of those who post in this portion of the forum. I think that he mostly believes he is doing the right thing, although much of what he does is for political benefit (not surprisingly).
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
          but a majority of the military are not loyal to him.
          You have no clue what you are talking about. Go back to flipping burgers, or whatever it is you do in the food service business.
          "The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become."

Comment

Originally posted by mjhoyt27 View Post
            You have no clue what you are talking about. Go back to flipping burgers, or whatever it is you do in the food service business.
            And I'd say that the majority of servicemembers don't think highly of Obama and did not vote for him. Just because they'll follow his orders does not mean they condone him or his policies. Its no different then when Clinton was in office.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
              It does strike as odd, however, that given that Obama hates his country and the military, he would take the position he has taken.

.)
              Those weren't campaign promises, they were lies.
              Of course it's different now, he's in charge and doesn't want anything to threaten his power. Has nothing to do with liking the military, it's unique culture or it's real reason for existing.
              The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

It's too bad that neither party seems interested in reversing the recent trend of the Executive Branch accumulating more and more power to itself. Whatever happened to checks and balances?

Comment

Warrantless wiretaps work!....if you have nothing to hide then dont worry about it!

Comment

Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
                    Warrantless wiretaps work!....if you have nothing to hide then dont worry about it!
                    It's also a bit of a misnomer....they still have to get a warrant, but only after the fact and if the judge says NO, then the info the got is useless.
                    A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

....if you have nothing to hide then dont worry about it!
                      I vote this quote to get 1st place in the "famous last words" hall of fame!

Comment

Sorry, as a civilian I read stuff like this and it really doesn't sit well w/ me. This is Big Brother mentality at it's finest. You know, I find it interesting that my grandfather would tell me before he escaped East Germany that the Stazi used to use the same justification for bringing people in.....If you have nothing to hide, then you'll be free to go after we question you. I have respect for you for the job you do, but that statement from you makes me want to vomit.

Comment

Ok, so they made the right decision and the problem is???
                          "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Originally posted by yellowreef View Post
                            Ok, so they made the right decision and the problem is???
                            ...that liberals in the media busted Bush's chops over it, again and again. The were hysterical about him shredding the constitution. When Obama does it, they admire his deep wisdom and foresight.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                              When Obama does it, they admire his deep wisdom and foresight.
                              Really? I must have read the wrong articles then, all I read was criticism.
                              "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6505 users online. 360 members and 6145 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X